PDA

View Full Version : Whats the longest you've been without sleep?

TheTimanator
07-11-2003, 08:10 AM
Longest I've been without sleep is 39 hours, but two days be before that I went 28 hours, and 3-4 days before that I went for 25 hours. (this is all b/c of school!!!!)

I hear that you start to hulicinate after a few days of no sleep.... :eek:

negular
07-11-2003, 08:36 AM
50 hours... damn E.

edit: I'm not good at math.

Bbandit
07-11-2003, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by TheTimanator

I hear that you start to hulicinate after a few days of no sleep.... :eek:

its true.. my friend didnt get any sleep while we road tripped..
30 hours without any sleep and he ended up seeing a T-rex in the middle of the road... he screamed and turn the steering wheel as if he was dodging it...
we checked into a motel later that night

crioten
07-11-2003, 10:15 AM
a radio dj went without sleep for about 8-9 days and barracaded himself in his studio and thought that everyone else was an alien trying to kill him...greatest thing about it was that he was on the air the whole time while he was freaking out...

turns out that it doesnt have any permanent effects on your system, you just sleep like 3 days in a row after that like he did...

-E-
07-11-2003, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by Bbandit
its true.. my friend didnt get any sleep while we road tripped..
30 hours without any sleep and he ended up seeing a T-rex in the middle of the road... he screamed and turn the steering wheel as if he was dodging it...
we checked into a motel later that night

hahahaha :rofl:

240 2NR
07-11-2003, 10:27 AM
Not sure the longest without any sleep, probably in the 48 hour range but I di go 4 days with only like a 2 hour nap each day sophomore year In college thanks to studio.

Steeles
07-11-2003, 10:38 AM
straight without sleep? 47 hours or so.. wouldve been longer but I was drinking the whole time and passed out more than WENT to sleep (mardi gras is SUCH a blast... especially when you take a stripper jacked up on E with you) I went 5 days on 8 hours of sleep once though.. working 2 jobs 8-5 and 6-11 four of those days. ahhh to be that young and stupid again... ok well Im probably still that stupid just not that young anymore. since Im sitting here at my 8-5 on a total of like 2 hours worth of sleep.

soulDistortion
07-11-2003, 10:45 AM
I stayed up for a week once, just to see if I could do it.

No drugs, no caffeine. Just sheer effin' willpower.

Apparently by the third day I had more or less lost my mind and was going on all the boards I frequented and just posting complete insane ramblings.

Stuff about macaroni and cheese, and midgets. That's what everyone has told me, at least.

krazy_racer
07-11-2003, 10:51 AM
ive only been about 32 hrs without sleep... im not as hardcore as some of you :)

but during the 2 weeks after septmeber 11th i was working 2 1/2 shifts a day. (i used to do security for a big company) I basically lived there for 2 weeks.... i slept in the security office for about 4 hrs then took a 2 hr nap halfway down the day.... i got mad OT.... that check i got was Huge!!!

negular
07-11-2003, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by soulDistortion
by the third day I had more or less lost my mind and was going on all the boards I frequented and just posting complete insane ramblings.

Stuff about macaroni and cheese, and midgets.

I do that even when I get sleep. :D

orlandodriver
07-11-2003, 12:36 PM
I went to ranger school while in the army and during the third phase mountatin phase our RI (ranger instructor = Drill instructor with pure hatred for everyone) Would not let us sleep for 6 days. Don"t get me wrong we were allowed to rest for about 45 mins a day, But not allowed to sleep. After a few days you jst start to stare and lose your mind. My buddy was so tired he forgot to blink for what seemed 3 or 4 hours. The scary part is that we were armed :)

Steeles
07-11-2003, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by orlandodriver
I went to ranger school while in the army and during the third phase mountatin phase our RI (ranger instructor = Drill instructor with pure hatred for everyone) Would not let us sleep for 6 days. Don"t get me wrong we were allowed to rest for about 45 mins a day, But not allowed to sleep. After a few days you jst start to stare and lose your mind. My buddy was so tired he forgot to blink for what seemed 3 or 4 hours. The scary part is that we were armed :)

:( wish I had been armed... :cry: now are you SURE everyone came back?

orlandodriver
07-11-2003, 01:37 PM
well everyone that one made it that far made it through to the ceremony. All be it though there were a few annoying ppl as in any DOD class :)

AutoDestruct
07-12-2003, 12:32 AM
pretty sure the leading cause of brain damage is sleep deprivation followed by oxygen starvation, at least in the USA. Just something I heard, no real facts to back this up however.:D

mrmephistopheles
07-12-2003, 12:52 AM
~53 hours.

nrcooled
07-13-2003, 10:09 AM
72 hours! :eek: Now I remeber why I am getting out of the Marine Corps. That is when you get the 1000yard stare and every moment you spend awake is like tourture.

s13chica
07-13-2003, 11:11 AM
about 50 hours...my pillow felt amazing when I finally went to bed :D

NismoGear5
07-13-2003, 04:42 PM
probably at most close to 5 days, sometimes I just can't sleep and feel like I'm full of energy. :boink: haha

Bill Roberts
07-13-2003, 05:04 PM
Getting past the 34Hr point and I am good to about 60...then get past 62hrs, I can go to about 75. I try not to do that anymore. Life is to short to abuse that much.

So, A T-rex in the middle of the road eh? With me, me and 3 friends drove all the way to Atlanta for a concert and I was driving back..taking back roads. I swore I saw a little old man with a cane walking across the street..and I was doing 65MPH..scared the SH!T out of me..it was only delusional.

I had to pull off and let someone else drive a while....

Driving tired is as dangerous as driving drunk. With both, you are impaired and they can give you the same situation legally.

zero.counter
07-13-2003, 05:23 PM
It was over a day at least, then dementia came over me and I hit the sack hard. LAN party, with those starbucks doubleshots (6 on my own like it was choc. milk) or whatever, caffeinated soap in the restroom, pizza, and mountain dew mixed with black coffee, :barf:

It was back when UT first came out and Quake 3 was still the shiznit.

MorganS13
07-13-2003, 05:41 PM
only like 30 hours on a new years.. i like my damn sleep :)

hookedup240
07-13-2003, 07:21 PM
longest for me without sleep was probably in the 48 hour range. It was last summer. There was this big party one night then had to go to work the next day didn't sleep, then there was a party that night and didn't pass out till like 3 that night.

Nothing rediculous though.

Keisuke
07-14-2003, 04:55 PM
um prolly only 28. . .im a wimp, need my sleep

DamnedButDetermined
07-14-2003, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by crioten
a radio dj went without sleep for about 8-9 days and barracaded himself in his studio and thought that everyone else was an alien trying to kill him...greatest thing about it was that he was on the air the whole time while he was freaking out...

turns out that it doesnt have any permanent effects on your system, you just sleep like 3 days in a row after that like he did...

That would have been the most hillarious thing in the world to listen too!

Stop looking at me swan!