PDA

View Full Version : California Z

CenValyCali
05-16-2010, 08:57 PM
I'm from the Central Valley and recently acquired a 70's or 80's Datsun Z. It's in pretty good condition. I still need to get it in my name. Only problem is there's no paperwork. My buddy just bought a country house and it was sitting on his property. It's got tags on it from 96. If I can't get it in my name I'm going have to part it out or scrap it. Well anyways, nice to meet everyone.

Gizmo_S13
05-17-2010, 12:20 AM
Let me have it :-D

Slammed Assassin
05-17-2010, 12:40 AM
make it a track car! or you can give it to me =)

SDS13COUPE
05-17-2010, 01:42 PM
I think you can go to the DMV and get a lost, or abandoned title. Call or go to the dmv with the vin# and license plate# so they can make sure it ain't stolen or anything. I think your gonna have to pay all those back fees though. Might be cheaper to part, or track only.

CenValyCali
05-17-2010, 08:06 PM
Let me have it :-D

I first need to see what year it is :D
Do you need parts?

CenValyCali
05-17-2010, 08:06 PM
make it a track car! or you can give it to me =)

Never thought about that. That would be cool.

CenValyCali
05-17-2010, 08:08 PM
I think you can go to the DMV and get a lost, or abandoned title. Call or go to the dmv with the vin# and license plate# so they can make sure it ain't stolen or anything. I think your gonna have to pay all those back fees though. Might be cheaper to part, or track only.

I just paid back fees for a 83 chevy shortbed, it wasn't fun. It was only two years of back pay also. It looks like the Z is over 10 years of back fees :D

Gizmo_S13
05-18-2010, 10:12 AM
I first need to see what year it is :D
Do you need parts?

No, I just like those model Z's and I would rebuild it from the ground up.

I payed back fees on my old Integra, It was behind 4 years I think and I payed 540 dollars.:down:

CenValyCali
05-19-2010, 07:34 PM
No, I just like those model Z's and I would rebuild it from the ground up.

I payed back fees on my old Integra, It was behind 4 years I think and I payed 540 dollars.:down:

Yeah 540 bucks is hard to swallow. If there's back fee's It will probably get parted then Scraped. I need to pick it up. I might actually have something nice :D

pignose4life
05-20-2010, 02:50 AM
dont dismantle it would just be wasting a perfectly good chassis, turn it into a budget track car

CenValyCali
05-23-2010, 08:25 PM
So I found the registration on the car today. It says the car is a 1974 Datsun 260Z. I'm not to familiar with the 260Z's but I can bet there not as popular as the 280Z. Either way it would be a cool track car for someone. No smog makes it even better. I took a look at the motor today. It looks like it's all there, I'm just not sure where to start on getting it started. I need to hook it up to a battery and see if it starts. Anyway there's my progress for the week.

tsx1racer04
05-23-2010, 09:49 PM
So I found the registration on the car today. It says the car is a 1974 Datsun 260Z. I'm not to familiar with the 260Z's but I can bet there not as popular as the 280Z. Either way it would be a cool track car for someone. No smog makes it even better. I took a look at the motor today. It looks like it's all there, I'm just not sure where to start on getting it started. I need to hook it up to a battery and see if it starts. Anyway there's my progress for the week.

Start off by draining the gas tank and filling it up with new gas, change the motor oil and oil filter, then change the fuel filter as well.

Then when you're ready, hook it to the battery. Take in all these things in consideration before you even start it.