PDA

View Full Version : Ticking from rear

Discoballer
05-16-2010, 02:25 PM
hey guys,

so i have a ticking sound fromt he rear of my S13. At first i thought it was the CV joints going bad so i replaced the half shafts last night but apparently it was not as i still have the noise. It seemes to only do it at low speed (seems to stop at anything over 20 mph), and its relative to the speed of the car so, so as i speed up it gets faster. i thought it was maybe a nail or something in the tire but then i noticed it happens faster then the rotation of the tires (it will click maybe 2 or 3 times for every one tire rotation) so i know thats not it. but that also led me to think its something before the diff which leads me to U-joints. Is that possibly where im getting the noise from? any info you guys can provide would be great! thanks! :bowdown:

Discoballer
05-18-2010, 06:18 PM
anyone?!?! :sadwavey:

240sxrb25
05-18-2010, 06:57 PM
jack under diff and check for wheel wobble, maybe wheel bearing. grab top and bottom of tire and and try to wobble the tire and see if there is any play

Discoballer
05-19-2010, 06:14 PM
will do, but i always thought a wheel bearing failing was more of a whine then a ticking

240sxrb25
05-19-2010, 06:24 PM
yea your right, but worth a try i guess.

i used to have a tick in the rear too but it turned out to me a loose clamp on my half shaft boot clicking on things as it went around