PDA

View Full Version : S14 Auto Tranny Problem **NEED HELP ASAP**

CantSTOP
05-15-2010, 06:15 PM
I just installed a different S14 auto tranny into mine. Now heres the problem...started the car and idles smoothly. I switch thru all the gears, and it goes smoothly. When I put it in reverse, and give it gas, it doesn't go anywhere and only revs up to 2k. And here is another problem...it drives forward in neutral but doesn't go past 2k also. The D gear drives forward, #2 gear drives forward, and #1 gear does not do anything except rev. Feels like the car is in Limp mode...never goes past 2k rpm. In the Park gear it feels like it wants to move but still doesn't. While driving the car in the gears that go forward, it never shifts. What could be my problem?

Any help would greatly be appreciate.

DreamN
05-15-2010, 06:19 PM
Pretty certain that trans. has gone to shit. That's a similar issue to my Lincoln's transmission and I simply decided to park it till I find a low mileage transmission for it.

CantSTOP
05-15-2010, 06:28 PM
So you think the auto trans I picked up and installed is fucked? Damnnnnnn.

DreamN
05-15-2010, 06:33 PM
Most likely. Last time I tried driving the Lincoln I was able to move forward in reverse gear. That's when I decided to park it.

Though you should check the linkages first to be certain.

CantSTOP
05-15-2010, 06:38 PM
Ah I see. Imma try adjusting the linkage again.

nyc240sx
05-16-2010, 12:55 AM
tranny is broken i had the same issue on my 95 240sx when i first bought it there known for this problem i just went and did the 5 spd swap very easy