PDA

View Full Version : 4th Annual Sloppy MEchanics Dyno Day - May 16 (Sunday) 10am to 10pm!

codyace
05-13-2010, 03:13 PM
What?
Here it is again, ladies and gentlemen boys and girls of all ages. Celebrating 4 years of Stuffing turbocars at 1200rpm, boiling over LSX motors and spraying your moms caravan.

LVI/Sloppy Mechanics (north and south) dyno day hosted by DP Inc.
Sloppy Mechanics.com (http://www.sloppymechanics.com)

When?!
Sunday, May 16th
starting at 10am

OMG How much?
Pricing as of right now is 40 dollars for 2 pulls.
this is not a tuning session, this is just to see what your car puts down.
i dont mind if you are swapping between boost levels or tunes quickly, but if you start taking up too much time. Sloppy Dyno staff reserves the right to charge you more for hogging dyno time you greedy bastard, Or just plain kicking you off the rollers. A sign in sheet will be at the dyno for you to get your name down so we know who is next etc. Look for Dave with the blue Lightning to sign in.

Staff will be strapping and driving your car on the dyno, you can set a speed/rev limit for the driver. to watch out or boost cutoff etc. otherwise if you dont like how cody drives it, or i strap it down you can get off the dyno.

area around dyno will be roped off with caution tape, if you enter without permission we might shoot you or hose you down with a C02 fire extinguisher. we have had straps break and wacky cars try to walk off the rollers, so please try to adhere to this rule.
There Will be the same guy this year selling hotdogs and drinks, just like last years october event.
-----bringing food and hot chicks will probably get you VIP seating/perks-----
*speak with timmy(disco) for details

Notables!
2wd dyno only
Please have your car in dyno ready condition, IE not miss firing or spewing oil etc. If you cant put it to the floorboards without drama, then dont bother.

if you have a cover, or something blocking off your ignition system, please remove it so we can get an accurate tach signal easily thanks!

bring a USB or flash drive and i will give you your run files, with a simple dynojet program, downloadable on their website you can view the run files at home!

See you there!

codyace
05-13-2010, 03:14 PM
31 Dyno's in May 2009
46 Dyno's in OCtober 2009 (holy balls)

RACE GAS (104) will be available at the dyno as well. Pricing is roughly 50 per 5 gallon jug

Anyone that lets us spray your car, ...I'll cover your dyno costs. That's a promise. Lets see who has some courage. 4 cyls get an auto 100 hit, v8's get the 200. No balkers!

If your gf comes, she needs to dress appropriately :cool:

Food Vendor will potentially be available as well.

Dogs are allowed, but not in the dyno area.

So far we have 2 Nitrous Pigs - A Subaru Legacy, and Taurus. It'll be a HP shootout, boxer 4 vs the 3.8 Ford!

Soup Nazi
05-13-2010, 03:25 PM
I'll be there with Dave with the Civic

codyace
05-13-2010, 05:58 PM
I'll be there with Dave with the Civic

Lets hope we don't explode it again!

Soup Nazi
05-14-2010, 06:54 AM
Lets hope we don't explode it again!

Bwhahahah

He got rid of the MBC, I think that's why it spiked.

codyace
05-14-2010, 07:50 AM
Bwhahahah

He got rid of the MBC, I think that's why it spiked.

Hopefully he got rid of that 2 bar map sensor too....soon as we crested 13/14 psi, it hated life haha.

ILoveMyRHS13
05-14-2010, 11:49 AM
Shiiiit, this is up in Allentown... Only an hour or so away. I might make it down to this just to see the nitrous pigs, hahah.

codyace
05-14-2010, 04:16 PM
Shiiiit, this is up in Allentown... Only an hour or so away. I might make it down to this just to see the nitrous pigs, hahah.

Oh boy it's going to be quite fun. The Legacy snorts it like addict and loves it. I hope that thign splits the case.

I still can't believe we haven't blown one up yet.

The Grand Marquis made like 180 whp with spray
The Towncar made similar power
The Taurus gained 200
And the Capri gained 150, but the clutch began slipping.

Not one blew up. Amazing. I hope we can make 150-200 whp with this scooby.

Soup Nazi
05-16-2010, 04:56 PM
Had a great time today