PDA

View Full Version : Speed comes to it's senses!

exitspeed
05-12-2010, 07:19 PM
Thanks to Phlip for the heads up. I knowa lot of us have talked about this one here time and time again. hallelujah hallelujah hallelujah

ColdTrackDays (http://coldtrackdays.blogspot.com/2010/05/news-speed-2-streaming-live-next-month.html)

The gods are listening. According to a press release sent out yesterday, SPEED will be launching an authenticated online network, what they are calling SPEED 2, that will feature nothing but proper motosports streaming live 24 hours a day. The network will be available only to those currently subscribing to the SPEED network and will feature live streaming coverage of the FIA GT1 and GT3 World and European Championship Touring Car Series, German Touring Car, World Touring Car Championship, Intercontinental Rally, British Touring Car Championship and many more... [read more]

PRESS RELEASE:

New Broadband Network SPEED2TM Set to Launch Summer 2010

More Than a Dozen International Racing Series Slated for Inaugural Online Lineup

CHARLOTTE, NC (May 10, 2010) – SPEED2, a groundbreaking new broadband network featuring live, streaming events that will complement the tremendous offerings of the linear SPEED network, is set to launch Summer 2010, it was announced today by SPEED President Hunter Nickell.

A beta version of SPEED2 will be available in June 2010 with a wider consumer debut targeted for July. Available only to SPEED subscribers as an authenticated online network, SPEED2 also will provide a variety of video-on-demand international motor sports content and compelling automotive and motorcycle enthusiast programming.

“NASCAR, the most popular form of motor sports in North America, is the foundation and top priority of the linear network,” Nickell said. “Developing SPEED2 provides a dedicated platform for a wider variety of racing, including some of the coolest international events from tracks around the world.”

Magazine shows, such as Motorsports Mundial and Inside Grand Prix, will be featured on SPEED2, and the network’s more than a dozen international racing series includes the Time Trial Xtreme Grand Prix (TTXGP), a race featuring zero-carbon, clean-emission motorcycles. Following is an initial list of the races scheduled exclusively for SPEED2:

FIA GT1 and GT3 (World and European Championship Touring Car Racing Series)
German Touring Car (DTM)
World Touring Car Championship (WTCC)
Intercontinental Rally
British Touring Car Championship (BTCC)
FIM Motocross World Championship (All-Terrain Motorcycle Racing)
FIM Supermoto World Championship (Motorcross and Off-Road Racing)
FIM Enduro World Championship
(Long Distance Off-Road Motorcycle Racing)
Nürburgring 24 (Touring Car Endurance Racing)
Formula 2
(Open Wheel Formula Racing)
F3 Euroseries
(European Open Wheel Developmental Racing Series)
VW Scirocco Cup (German Single-Make Racing Series)
TTXGP

“SPEED2 will be at the cutting edge of new media programming,” said Mike Biard, Executive Vice President, Fox Networks Affiliate Sales and Marketing. “Our distributors have been seeking more online content to complement their video offerings, and this network will deliver what drives viewership—exclusive live events and dramatic action—all in an authenticated online environment.”

Both standard and high-definition content will be provided on SPEED2, and the broadband network will also have access to an extensive programming library from SPEED’s 14 years on the air, including the popular series American Muscle Car, Behind the Headlights, Back in the Day and Victory by Design.

SPEED™, anchored by its popular and wide-ranging coverage of NASCAR, is the nation’s first and only cable television network dedicated to automotive and motorcycle racing, performance and lifestyle. Now available in more than 80 million homes in North America, SPEED, a FOX Sports property, is among the industry leaders in interactive TV, video on demand, mobile initiatives and broadband services. For more information, please visit SPEED.com, the online motor sports authority.
Fox Networks Affiliate Sales and Marketing is a unit of Fox Networks Group (FNG) and includes 37 domestic programming services in which FNG holds interests. Together these networks reach more than 550 million subscribing television homes and represent one of the media industry’s largest and most diverse programming groups. Fox Networks Sales and Marketing distributes FX, National Geographic Channel, Nat Geo WILD, Fox Reality Channel, Fox Movie Channel, FUEL TV, FSN and 19 regional cable sports networks, SPEED, Fox Soccer Channel, Fox Soccer Plus,, Fox College Sports, Fox Sports en Español and the Big Ten Network (co-venture with the Big Ten Conference). FNG also includes the FOX broadcast network, Fox Digital Media, and Fox Sports Enterprises, which manages interests in sports franchises and leading statistical information provider STATS, LLC.

Image and Info: SPEEDtv
Editorial: Justin W. Coffey

Flicktitty
05-12-2010, 07:21 PM
that is AWESOME!

yota man
05-12-2010, 07:34 PM
Damn this is going to be awesome and I wont get to see it at all! :rant2:

I hate living in a build where the owner is best friends with the owner of a shitty tv/ internet provider. We dont even get regular speed.

Future240
05-12-2010, 08:08 PM
What no Drifting?

JKJKJKKJJKJKJKJKJKJKJKJKJk

This is awesome news.

ZilviaKid
05-12-2010, 10:48 PM
yayyy

real racing!

ManoNegra
05-12-2010, 11:05 PM
WRC where art thou?
should allow people to be able to just do the internet version
and have some of their regular channel programs - Formula 1 - on demand

HyperTek
05-12-2010, 11:47 PM
i hope this doesnt mean they move their F1 and other international coverage to this and make Speed1 strictly nascar =(

simmode1
05-13-2010, 12:55 AM
No Super GT?!

I could care less if they more their F1 coverage. Their coverage sucks anyway. I much prefer the BBC showings.

Let me see if I understand this idea correctly... You need to have the Speed Channel on your cable line-up in oder the access the online site?

I love the fact that we're getting more coverage, but that's kind of a weird distribution method to me...

R_G
05-13-2010, 03:58 AM
I might have to get satellite just for this...

irritatedmax
05-13-2010, 06:49 AM
Sweet! About time.

S14DB
05-13-2010, 10:27 AM
"authenticated" sounds like a subscription based service to me...

Gnnr
05-13-2010, 11:45 AM
i hope this doesnt mean they move their F1 and other international coverage to this and make Speed1 strictly nascar =(

That's what I'm afraid of. GT1 was already free and streaming online from the official website. They should have made Speed 2 a second channel or something like ESPN2, but I guess this is cheaper. They better not f this up.

I love the fact that we're getting more coverage, but that's kind of a weird distribution method to me...

Its not unheard of. ESPN360 does this for Comcast subscribers.

Future240
05-13-2010, 12:35 PM
"authenticated" sounds like a subscription based service to me...

This.

No way they would let this go to people who already have speed. Not enough ad revenue.

!Zar!
05-13-2010, 01:18 PM
I could care less if they more their F1 coverage. Their coverage sucks anyway. I much prefer the BBC showings.
This.

Their coverage sucks so much that I always re-watch the BBC pre/actual/post race because SPEED's coverage tends to be inaccurate, and spotty. Not to mention they sometimes cut out race coverage for some other bullshit.

Walperstyle
05-13-2010, 02:12 PM
its everyones duty here to watch all these events
Its the only way we can kill nascaar

!Zar!
05-13-2010, 02:36 PM
Well, hopefully things chance if/when F1 comes back to America; New Jersey GP?

Gnnr
05-13-2010, 02:48 PM

Its not happening.

Jersey City submits proposal to host F1 grand prix in Liberty State Park [UPDATE] — Autoblog (http://www.autoblog.com/2010/05/05/jersey-city-submits-proposal-to-host-f1-grand-prix-in-liberty-st/)

exitspeed
05-13-2010, 07:55 PM

Nascar is killing itself. At this point it hardly needs any help.

ManoNegra
05-13-2010, 08:29 PM

F**k, I almost the mouthful of food I was chewing.

on a side note, been cableless for a while now
what's their take on US Grand Prix failure?

Walperstyle
05-14-2010, 05:27 PM
Nascar is killing itself. At this point it hardly needs any help.

They how come its televised constantly?

soreballz
05-14-2010, 05:55 PM
I just came.

Thanks for the news!

!Zar!
05-16-2010, 01:00 PM
I wish America had good racing.

stockbee
05-17-2010, 10:13 AM
finally. didn't see anything about WRC though.
LET DOWN

mrchomponthis
05-17-2010, 10:18 AM
worst comment of the day.

WanganRunner
05-17-2010, 02:08 PM
Enjoyed watching Monaco GP on Sunday, even if their coverage jumps around a little.