PDA

View Full Version : REVIEW: Circuit Sports Engine Mount Set : Nissan 240SX (KA/SR20)

speedracer2169
05-11-2010, 07:39 PM
I haven't been able to find any reviews on this product so I figured I would get them and post a review on these. I bought these from Phase2Motortrend

Circuit Sports Engine Mount Set : Nissan 240SX (KA/SR20) (http://www.phase2motortrend.com/cispenmosetn.html)

For the money I couldn't go wrong I also replaced the transmission mount as well. Thanks to Gen5Alive in Downer with the install...

Installation is very ease it comes with it's own hardware so there's no need to worry about using worn out parts, removing the engine mounts were a pain but putting these on is so simple basically you slide in the long bolt place the first metal shim then urethane mount followed by the second shim slowly lower engine with floor jack and until its lined up in the engine mount hole and thread on nut. Once it's threaded on you just use an allen wrench to hold hold boot in place and a 14mm socket and tighthen them up. Transmission was easier we removed the crossmember bolted mount up and then bolted up to tranny. Very straightforward. These mounts also lower the engine slightly.

First impression after install they are pretty stiff I haven't felt the nismo or megan ones but you can feel the entire care shaking at idle, however once your on the road it's hardly noticeable. Definitely feel the engine and tranny more in tuned with each other and more confident on beating on it. I also noticed that handling seemed better it was a lot more responsive in cornering, my old mounts were actually torn so there was a lot of play. Overall for the money I'm very satisfied and maybe once they are broken in maybe they will soften up a little. I'll post some more pics of them installed later on

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i11/speedracer2169/CIMG0081.jpg

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i11/speedracer2169/CIMG0080.jpg

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i11/speedracer2169/CIMG0078.jpg

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i11/speedracer2169/CIMG0079.jpg

speedracer2169
05-12-2010, 09:08 PM
Update: so after driving on them all day they are very tolerable, at idle its barely noticeable and when driving you can feel it but not that bad. However on cold starts it is real rough especially in the morning for obvious reasons. the rear view mirror does shake a lot during driving so I'm gonna work on a remedy for that..pulls like a champ definitely feel the car acting as one. Shifts great now delivers the power better to the ground. Very pleased with them

turbotofu
05-12-2010, 09:23 PM
Cool thanks for the info.

lazysk8er2
05-12-2010, 09:40 PM
so your saying these solid urethane mounts are stiffer than your torn stock mounts?

speedracer2169
05-12-2010, 09:47 PM
lol I thought they would be like real stiff since they are solid and that they would make the car shake real bad but it wasn't as bad as I thought and no maybe I wasn't paying attention to my typing cuz I was exhausted lol but I would recommend these for sure cheaper then megan

speedracer2169
05-12-2010, 10:20 PM
Cool thanks for the info.
no problemo glad to share the info I also mated it with the CS short shifter v1 and I love how it feels

Slidin' Sam
05-13-2010, 12:57 AM
So you have nothing to compare these to? Never driven another car with different motor/tranny mounts other than stock?

speedracer2169
05-13-2010, 10:44 PM
So you have nothing to compare these to? Never driven another car with different motor/tranny mounts other than stock?
the last car that I can maybe compare it is to my old spev v that I had with motor mounts inserts...a little more rough than those. But no unfortunately nothing along the lines of a 240sx to compare to however if anyone in the 310 wants to meet up who has nismo, or megans we can meet up and write a comparison between the different mounts to expand our knowledge

Serebros
06-06-2010, 07:12 AM
can u take any close up pics of them in the engine bay?

and was this on a stockish ka? or sr?

GripTerror
06-08-2010, 08:00 AM
anyone can compare these to cusco engine mounts and peak performance race tranny mounts??

Do you have pix of it installed?

I track my car... I am considering something stiffer than my current setup.....

Serebros
06-12-2010, 05:16 AM
waitin on these pics!

please

peace

nyrojas21
06-16-2010, 03:34 PM
not a big fan of the color,but if they do their job thats all that counts:blah:

eytsics
10-30-2010, 03:32 PM
Any other reviews by others 'bout this mounts??

GReddySTi05
12-29-2010, 11:20 PM
^^ yes i bought them and they are great, just like he said, havent put my tranny mount on yet

EsChassisLove
08-16-2011, 07:02 PM
Bumping this.

I need new mounts. Thinking about the CS.

Anybody compare these to Nismo yet?

HIGHFIVEBETA
08-17-2011, 12:26 AM
Look like some nice pieces. Especially over the stock mounts. Good review

Vernal
10-10-2011, 01:59 PM
technical bump.
I have these motor mounts but the original trans and rear driveline and suspension bushings (Maybe its best to have all original or all stiff mount).
I noticed the stiffer connection and power transfer and was wondering about excess wear.
It seems to me if there is less absorbtion of energy through the bushings it would transfer a little more power but more driveline strain and wear in the transmission and rear differential.
If anyone has experienced a transmission to feel different or any parts that have might have worn out quicker Id like to be enlightened as well as confirm my speculation of the affects or stiffer driveline and suspension.

s13ontap
10-15-2011, 07:06 PM
I know this thread is a little old. But i''ve got a set of the cs ones too, and i am holding off on putting them in. I used to have stock mounts, and replaced them with megan crap. vibrated the car so bad i was dropping exhaust and downpipe bolts every day. so i put stock ones back in.

however now i'm cranking 350hp at the wheels, and the engine torque is vibrating my downpipe off my frame rails.

so i bought CS mounts and engine torque damper. But i don't know if i want to put them in..... I wanted Nismo mounts as they are stiff but not too stiff, but i got screwed by the local tuner shop.....

anyway, long story short. threw in the torque damper and it fixed everything. even the shifts aren't grinding anymore. But i'd like to know if anyone has compared the Circut sports mounts to nismo yet....?

modulation
10-29-2012, 03:44 PM
I ran these fine for two years. Went to check oil one day and found the top of the bolt had snapped off and was just resting on top of the engine mount. Do a google search for "circuit sport engine mount bolt broke" or "snapped" and you'll see I'm not the only one.

I have a NA 240sx, no high HP mods. Street driving. I used a torque wrench when I installed them, and 2 weeks later I double checked torque.

I wouldn't recommend these anymore. I went back to stock mounts for now.

zerodameaon
10-30-2012, 01:26 AM
So use a better bolt. As for this issue I only found one instance of it mentioned which is about normal when I looked into them a year or so ago, and can still only find that one instance not counting yours. All products have a few bad apples that make it to customers. Only common problem with these things is the rest of your car falling apart around you.

bataangpinoy
08-26-2013, 05:29 PM
more current bump, have roughly 1500mi on these, i like em.

coupled with the SPL SFB risers, power delivery feels very direct, car doesnt feel sloppy.

the road noise and vibration kind of suck, but its to be expected. Don't trow these in your car if you want comfort.

IROYLE1
04-17-2014, 01:31 PM
So has the opinion stuck... ? Worth the cash? thinking about buying these asap.

ryandriftingfat
04-17-2014, 01:58 PM
I've had these on my car for 2 years, on a track car. No issues. Just put in a fresh motor and the mounts look fine.

Downsides I see are the separate pieces make it hard to install, I epoxy them together so they stay in place for the drop in. And there is no downpipe mount on the trans mount.

Atill93
04-17-2014, 07:54 PM
much firmness. very aggressive feel. wow.
probably wouldnt recommend for a daily driver unless you're a bad ass and really "bout that life"
they feel great over all, just very stiff

fullthrottle
06-16-2014, 02:44 PM
Made a huge difference in power delivery for me. The stock mounts I was on were still in good condition when i replaced them. Torque seems a lot better.

As others have said, the install was difficult. I should have glued the shims to the poly mounts for install. It was very awkward to get everything lined up, then hold it in place while slowly lowering the motor.

All I did was just up the front of the car and put it on jackstands, removed the downpipe from the o2 pipe, disconnected the intercooler piping from the intake manifold, and unbolted the old mounts. I then jacked up from the bellhousing and had no issues.