PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of making a new drift track in Lancaster

SoCalDrifter
05-09-2010, 04:01 PM
Ok so my friend has just told me his dad has like 5 acres of land in lancaster and we were thinking of making a drift track on it nothing to big but just right to do a figure 8 and a nice small track. But now the main question i have is do you need some kind of permit to open it and is it hard to get? And also if we got to open it do you think it could be a fairly good track if made right?

ILoveMyRHS13
05-09-2010, 04:16 PM
You just got me so fucking excited it's not even funny.

Then I realized you meant Lancaster, CA, not Lancaster, PA. :(

SoCalDrifter
05-09-2010, 04:20 PM

hahahaha my bad dude

fcdrifter20
05-09-2010, 04:29 PM
Ok so my friend has just told me his dad has like 5 acres of land in lancaster and we were thinking of making a drift track on it nothing to big but just right to do a figure 8 and a nice small track. But now the main question i have is do you need some kind of permit to open it and is it hard to get? And also if we got to open it do you think it could be a fairly good track if made right?

you have to get insurance first of all, but anyhting else is all up to your friends . But FYI its a lot harder to maintain then it sounds

SoCalDrifter
05-09-2010, 04:38 PM
you have to get insurance first of all, but anyhting else is all up to your friends . But FYI its a lot harder to maintain then it sounds

So we just need to get insurance not a permit?

Csomme
05-09-2010, 04:44 PM
Do you need insurance if the drivers sign a waiver being responsible for any deaths/injuries occured?

ILoveMyRHS13
05-09-2010, 04:50 PM
You'll probably need EMS there too. They aren't cheap just to sit there all day; let alone if they actually have to take someone to the hospital.

Teddy
05-09-2010, 04:52 PM
Probably a permit from the city, sound-wise I'd assume.

I guarantee it won't be cheap.

SoCalDrifter
05-09-2010, 04:52 PM
Do you need insurance if the drivers sign a waiver being responsible for any deaths/injuries occured?

I would think so because if we got to opening it we would need a waiver saying like if the driver crashes into anyone or crashes themselfs it would be them paying for it (the owner of the car) and then yes we would saying driver is responsible for any injuries or death witch would be bad

NINJASPY
05-09-2010, 06:24 PM
If it is a buisness, you need insurance. If you charge people money, its a buisness.
Even with waivers, if someone gets hurt, you can still get sued. Insurance is not cheap. Ems is not cheap. Too much liability. Ask his dad what he thinks about that liability... then the idea of making it into a public track dissappears.
GOODLUCK

fcdrifter20
05-09-2010, 11:13 PM
where is it located? is it around lots of houses or is it out in the middle of nowhere?

renegade_ewok
05-10-2010, 12:14 AM
Just getting a figure 8 paved will run you 6 figures if you want them to do a level job, material cost might also alter it depending.

What kind of surface will you be paving on?

Then you need to check your noise ordinances.

If this is for personal, non business use it would be easy to utilize. If you run it as a business, you will need full insurance and EMT on staff during events as mentioned above.

landins13
05-10-2010, 12:31 AM
hey look its another thread where someone goes hey so i wanna make a drift track on a plot of land that isnt zoned for auto racing and is too small given safety/ noise regulations.......wait wait what ill need insurance too

give up dude if the plot is only 5 acres its not enough for anything decent and it more than likelly is not zoned for it and is too close to residential property to do it. Zoning is a pain in the ass, ive been working for 2 years to get a 10 acre plot devided into 2 5 acre lots and just that is a pain.

youre better off in your local kmarts parking lot doing donuts

CrazyRob
05-10-2010, 12:58 AM
hey look its another thread where someone goes hey so i wanna make a drift track on a plot of land that isnt zoned for auto racing and is too small given safety/ noise regulations.......wait wait what ill need insurance too

give up dude if the plot is only 5 acres its not enough for anything decent and it more than likelly is not zoned for it and is too close to residential property to do it. Zoning is a pain in the ass, ive been working for 2 years to get a 10 acre plot devided into 2 5 acre lots and just that is a pain.

youre better off in your local kmarts parking lot doing donuts
^ive seen too many ppl try the same thing as you. this mofo is prolly right. prove us wrong. please prove us wrong.

Booterzzz
05-10-2010, 07:05 AM

Hahaha i thought it was Lancaster, Ohio

YoungGun
05-10-2010, 09:11 AM
This is improbable, considering WSIR is like 15 minutes from lancaster.

But hey GLWS.

ROOSEY
05-10-2010, 09:38 AM
i saw this thread and got siked but then i realized it wasnt PA too...

roboticnissan
05-10-2010, 09:49 AM
this is totally posssible with acres bro. inland worked out as a good track and wasnt 5 acres. but yah being so close to wsir isnt that great tho.

SUPERSTAR
05-10-2010, 10:08 AM
If it happens. I will come and die there.

Jayteezzy
05-10-2010, 10:22 AM
If it happens. I will come and die there.

will die together holding hands :)

SUPERSTAR
05-10-2010, 10:37 AM
will die together holding hands :)

YOU ARE NOT DOWN, to die with me. :eek: