PDA

View Full Version : legal help...zero tolerance law?

Gordo714
05-07-2010, 07:15 PM
got pulled over wednesday for my tail lights being out, led to field sobriety test..i passed everything, then did the final blow into the machine crap and got a .05 i thought i was of the hook...then cop goes your under 21 you cant have any alcohol in your system...car get towed and cop takes my license... now im confused i keep hearing a bunch of different things of what could happen

anyone experience this
can you guys help me out on what i can do, im stuck
i need to drive to school and work

thanks please dont talk shit im not in the mood

s13xturbo
05-07-2010, 07:18 PM
1 question:

where you drinking?

also you should have denied the breathalyzer, had them tow your car and go to jail. Then while you sitting in a holding tank, wait an hour then blow. Once your off the hook, they cover tow charges if not held guilty...

RightWheelDrive
05-07-2010, 07:24 PM
Go talk to a lawyer. As the officer said, you being under 21, it is illegal to have anything over 0.0% BAC. You are actually lucky in that you didn't go to jail for being "wet and wreckless". You should be able to get your car back with a suspended license (most likely).

Gordo714
05-07-2010, 07:32 PM
no i was not drunk at all not even buzzed i already got my car back that was no problem...i have been reading that my license gets suspended for a year and at the same time i have read that i can apply for a restricted license so i can drive to work and school this is my question,

Gordo714
05-07-2010, 07:34 PM
i was complying with the cop and he was being cool with me too, at the end he was just like i have to do...

my plan is to see the judge hopefully she hears me out and lets me apply for a restricted license

S14DB
05-07-2010, 07:40 PM
Go talk to some DUI lawyers. A lot do free consults in hopes that you will need to retain them.

I doubt anyone here has expertise in DUI law.

I LUV MY S13
05-07-2010, 07:44 PM
Go talk to a lawyer. As the officer said, you being under 21, it is illegal to have anything over 0.0% BAC. You are actually lucky in that you didn't go to jail for being "wet and wreckless". You should be able to get your car back with a suspended license (most likely).

writing in bold is 100% correct..now as far as getting a restriction, well ive seen many get it when they got it suspended through DUIs...im assuming it depends on what your charged with, but even then you should be able to obtain one...that is if you dont have like 3 priors

D.Adams
05-07-2010, 07:51 PM
Because you are underage there is no point in fighting the ticket. Your car got towed because you blew a .05 you had alcohol in your system and that’s it. The cop had all rite to take you to jail and tow your car. California has a no tolerance law against underage consumption. YOU BROKE THE LAW NOW MAN UP.

If you would have fought the breathalyzer they would have done a BAC (blood alcohol test) on you at the jail and they would have got your true alcohol level. Also when you refuse a search / breathalyzer test you are admitting to guilt. The cop will get his way and there is nothing you can do about it.

i would do what S14DB said and contact someone. But youre SOL son

read up

Underage DUI in California | California DUI (http://www.californiadui.com/articles/underage-dui-in-california.php)

Gordo714
05-07-2010, 07:57 PM
damn alright thanks for everything

Gordo714
05-07-2010, 08:01 PM
close thread got all the info i needed

S14DB
05-07-2010, 08:06 PM
close thread got all the info i needed

OK, it's just going to turn into a bunch of I told you so's...