PDA

View Full Version : How important is the gas pedal stopper?

Shadowhunter
05-06-2010, 10:49 PM
How important is it to have the little plastic stopper under the gas pedal? Mine fell off last weekend at a drift event. Does this plastic piece keep the throttle cable from getting out of whack? Or does it even matter? Thanks in advance.

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:Ero0WmJLOtd_fM:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v187/DarkPaladinLoki/Carpet%2520Write%2520Up/DSCN0046.jpg

Ceepo
05-06-2010, 11:48 PM
I bet its fine... the throttle body wont open more then wot, i bet it just helps relieve excess pressure on the cable... i would try and find another just because it was there for a reason ya know?

jspaeth
05-07-2010, 08:27 AM
I would say you should replace it.

When you step all the way down on the throttle....if the stopper is not there, all of the stress then gets transmitted to the throttle body.

You're better off having the pedal stop before all of the force gets to the throttle body assembly.

My 2 cents

fishhouse
05-07-2010, 10:50 PM
im assuming the metal one behind it is still there? if so youre fine. but without that youd be snapping throttle cables like crazy.

jspaeth
05-08-2010, 08:13 AM
im assuming the metal one behind it is still there? if so youre fine. but without that youd be snapping throttle cables like crazy.

Or worse off, you would crack the rod that the throttle plate is on (seen this in pictures).

Then the little screws get sucked in your engine and completely fuck it.

I forget which thread it is, but this happened to someone on here....he posted pics and his one cylinder was completed fucked.

nissanfreak317
05-08-2010, 04:42 PM
yeah dude, your throttle cable wont break, other things will. oh man would that suck.

fishhouse
05-09-2010, 03:27 PM
Or worse off, you would crack the rod that the throttle plate is on (seen this in pictures).

Then the little screws get sucked in your engine and completely fuck it.

I forget which thread it is, but this happened to someone on here....he posted pics and his one cylinder was completed fucked.

that happens with s14 SR with SOHC throttle cable or someshit i think.