PDA

View Full Version : Cinco De Mayo! can be freaking annoying imo

HyperTek
05-05-2010, 04:31 PM
Whats your guys views on it? I respect peoples right to want to celebrate it, but when everyone around you is all for it, it can be annoying..

I walk into class this morning and i thought it was a fiesta lol, cumbia music playing and everyone saying ayee ayee ayeeee. Not appropriate for a computer aided drafting class imo.

Touge Noob S13
05-05-2010, 04:35 PM
WTF? Are there paisas in your class?

oscarmagana
05-05-2010, 04:37 PM
yea its lame i agree

Brian
05-05-2010, 04:43 PM
Disrupting class seems ridiculous.

EDIT : maybe for 4th of July you should put on a lot of Springstein and shout YEAH! a bunch

HyperTek
05-05-2010, 08:31 PM
surprisingly my neighborhood isnt bad, i was thinking there would be block parties lol.. cuz i live in a rural area.

ronmcdon
05-06-2010, 12:25 AM
What I don't get is some ppl who get offended by it
"Oh we don't celebrate that in Mexico, it's bullshit"

Mexico evicted the French (as far as I know).
How terrible can that be?
Have a few drinks if nothing else.

bentmode360
05-06-2010, 12:30 AM
foo quit being gay and partyyy on

HyperTek
05-06-2010, 03:46 PM
i guess you cant wear american flag tshirts in highschool on that day.

Sound Off Thursday: No American flag t-shirts on Cinco de Mayo. Ridiculous? - News Story - KXLY Spokane (http://www.kxly.com/news/23478460/detail.html)
http://www.news4jax.com/news/23475745/detail.html
Dominic Macio says, "I have no problem with them wearing their Mexico flags, anything like that. I just thought I'd show my pride, my American pride."
That pride almost got him suspended.
Dominic macio and four friends wore shirts, pants and bandanas with the American flag to school, but principal Nick Boden called it unacceptable on Cinco de Mayo.

http://www.news4jax.com/2010/0506/23475942_640X360.jpg
if thats the type of shirts they where wearing, whats wrong with that?

Kid coupie
05-06-2010, 03:54 PM
ok for those who dont know Cinco de Mayo is not a major celebration in Mexico only in Puebla and some southern states. The whole battle was only a temporary victory cause a year later the French Defeated the Mexicans and invaded Mexico City. At most the people of Puebla only have a parade to comemerate those who partook in the battle but it isnt a major celebration. its only celebrated in the U.S. as another excuse to give 4 tacos for $1 or $5 beer buckets. LOL It became a celebration in the U.S. during th 60's when the chicano movement was taking place. I personally see it as a victory but not to the extent where ima throw a party. as for the kid who almost got suspended for wearing the american t shirt it was unfair i can see where the contraversy lies.

HalveBlue
05-06-2010, 03:55 PM
WTF?!

Mr. Macio has the right to wear whatever shirt he wants. Especially one with an American flag on it. Even on Cinco de Mayo.

Kid coupie
05-06-2010, 03:58 PM
LOL I wore my Shane Carwin walkout tee which just so happens to portray the U.S. Flag yesterday im mexican and no one told me sh*t lol

Brian
05-06-2010, 03:58 PM
I feel like there may be more to the story.

Still seems silly though. Threatened for suspension because of their clothes....

HyperTek
05-06-2010, 04:00 PM
yeah they probably had an attitude and where making remarks etc. Cant imagine someone being all innocent and doing what they are suppose to do in class being called out for their shirts.

DJDANGER24
05-06-2010, 04:07 PM
i guess you cant wear american flag tshirts in highschool on that day.
if thats the type of shirts they where wearing, whats wrong with that?i agree, there might be more that wasnt brought up. i think its kinda retarted that you would pick cinco de mayo to go all out patriotic IMO. your just drawing attention and i can see where it would be controversial. it would be the same as me and 4 other friends wearing mexican flag shirts, pants and bandanas on 4th of july. people will be like, "dude wtf ? on 4th of july ? it couldnt wait for another day ?" its just looking for trouble.

ronmcdon
05-06-2010, 04:07 PM
ok for those who dont know Cinco de Mayo is not a major celebration in Mexico only in Puebla and some southern states. The whole battle was only a temporary victory cause a year later the French Defeated the Mexicans and invaded Mexico City. At most the people of Puebla only have a parade to comemerate those who partook in the battle but it isnt a major celebration. its only celebrated in the U.S. as another excuse to give 4 tacos for $1 or $5 beer buckets. LOL It became a celebration in the U.S. during th 60's when the chicano movement was taking place. I personally see it as a victory but not to the extent where ima throw a party. as for the kid who almost got suspended for wearing the american t shirt it was unfair i can see where the contraversy lies.

Thanks for elaborating the history, I was unwares of the specifics.

Still, a small victory is a victory nonetheless.
I also see no fault with finding excuses to throw parties.

Pray to tell where I can get 4 tacos for $1 & the cheao buckets :D
Even in TJ many years ago I could only get 3 for a dollar.
Taco stands/trucks aren't as affordable as they once were.

DJDANGER24
05-06-2010, 04:08 PM
I walk into class this morning and i thought it was a fiesta lol, cumbia music playing and everyone saying ayee ayee ayeeee. Not appropriate for a computer aided drafting class imo.one day out of the whole year, you couldnt suck it up ? seriously, get the sand out of your clit.

Brian
05-06-2010, 04:11 PM
one day out of the whole year, you couldnt suck it up ? seriously, get the sand out of your clit.

Maybe he goes to school to learn (instead of going to deal with people partying in class). Just a guess.....

ronmcdon
05-06-2010, 04:22 PM
Well I don't blame Hypertek in this case.
It's just inhumane to be forced to listen to Cumbia music,
much less for the whole class period.

DJDANGER24
05-06-2010, 04:22 PM
Maybe he goes to school to learn (instead of going to deal with people partying in class). Just a guess.....like i said, one day. he'll get over it

Brian
05-06-2010, 04:35 PM
like i said, one day. he'll get over it
Get over what?

BustedS13
05-06-2010, 04:56 PM
i slammed a few margaritas yesterday. had a great time.

DJDANGER24
05-06-2010, 05:18 PM
Get over what?you'll figure it out.

Brian
05-06-2010, 05:19 PM
you'll figure it out.

Wow, brilliant.

Thanks for the insight, Aristotle.

DJDANGER24
05-06-2010, 05:27 PM
Wow, brilliant.

Thanks for the insight, Aristotle.
your welcome (insert clever philisophers name here)

aznpoopy
05-06-2010, 05:28 PM
you're

msg length

S14DB
05-06-2010, 05:42 PM
your welcome Antonio Caso Andrade
*Fixed*

So, wait.
First St. Patrick's day isn't a day to drink cheap Guinness
Then Mardi Gras isn't about the Beads and Boobs

Now you're telling me Cinco De Mayo isn't Mexican Independence Day?

I hope their are drink specials on September 16th...

DALAZ_68
05-06-2010, 05:54 PM

i told this to my dad and he said "ohh so thats what its about"...he was born in mexico, immigrated whe he was 25...LOL

WTF?!

Mr. Macio has the right to wear whatever shirt he wants. Especially one with an American flag on it. Even on Cinco de Mayo.
agree

yeah they probably had an attitude and where making remarks etc. Cant imagine someone being all innocent and doing what they are suppose to do in class being called out for their shirts.

i agree, there might be more that wasnt brought up. i think its kinda retarted that you would pick cinco de mayo to go all out patriotic IMO. your just drawing attention and i can see where it would be controversial. it would be the same as me and 4 other friends wearing mexican flag shirts, pants and bandanas on 4th of july. people will be like, "dude wtf ? on 4th of july ? it couldnt wait for another day ?" its just looking for trouble.

agree

I walk into class this morning and i thought it was a fiesta lol, cumbia music playing and everyone saying ayee ayee ayeeee. Not appropriate for a computer aided drafting class imo.

one day out of the whole year, you couldnt suck it up ? seriously, get the sand out of your clit.

LOL

Well I don't blame Hypertek in this case.
It's just inhumane to be forced to listen to Cumbia music,
much less for the whole class period.

i have ot agree with this aswell..personally any latin music hurts me...and im mex/salvi...

i slammed a few margaritas yesterday. had a great time.

Cheers...had a few beers myself...

So, wait.
First St. Patrick's day isn't a day to drink cheap Guinness
Then Mardi Gras isn't about the Beads and Boobs

Now you're telling me Cinco De Mayo isn't Mexican Independence Day?

I hope their are drink specials on September 16th...

i just dont know...i just dont know...:squint:

chucky norris
05-07-2010, 05:00 AM
all i did this cinco de mayo was play a drinking game with my fellow mexicans. Every time hulk hogan said brother on tv we took a shot of tiquila lol

ayuaddict
05-07-2010, 05:20 AM
i live in downtown san jose, and that shit seriously gets annoying. whole streets getting blocked off and people waving around huge ass mexican flags out of their cars. I'm not going to wave a huge ass Japanese flag on December 7th, so yeah, its all hype - an excuse to party i guess. im just glad it only happens once a year.

BustedS13
05-07-2010, 08:08 AM
<- Irish

Guinness is bullshit, go suck each others' dicks in the parking lot
krauts frogs and limeys, i swear

Touge Noob S13
05-07-2010, 04:19 PM
i have ot agree with this aswell..personally any latin music hurts me...and im mex/salvi...

+11111 there is some that is tolerable but most of it makes my ears bleed. When I went to Mexico last year this band was going to be in town and as a result people played this piece of shit everyday.

Yo-tVje7JZM

ronmcdon
05-07-2010, 05:32 PM
^^
great paisa dance moves there.
we need more vids!

I LUV MY S13
05-07-2010, 05:48 PM
im mexican and i dont even no why its celebrated....shame

Touge Noob S13
05-07-2010, 05:56 PM
^^
great paisa dance moves there.
we need more vids!

Couldnt find the whole video of this song but here you go.

WARNING: This song is terrible. It makes me ashamed to be Mexican.

CjTBY1VaXAc