PDA

View Full Version : JayGotBoost

lawrenceyang
05-05-2010, 12:42 PM
anyone know how to get a hold of this guy ? basically i bought this phone from him: http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/298680-socal-lg-prada-phone-verizon.html under the assumption, which he verified, that it would merely take an esn swap on my part to get it operating on my number, and that it had a "clean" esn already so it should be a straight forward process. After calling Verizon and talking with them for over an hour and a half they told me that the esn for this phone was for an old Audiovox phone and that they could not activate it. So I asked him what was going on and he referred me to KStykle here on the forums who was the original owner of the phone. KStyle told me that I had to get a esn for the phone that would cost 50-80 so I told Jay to refund me for bullshitting. He agreed and I asked if I could receive a refund prior to shipping which he declined. Out of trust I sent the phone back with a tracking number and I haven't heard from him since despite regular pms to him. The first pm that I sent him to buy the phone was 3-12-10, it has now been nearly two months and I am still phoneless. Anyone else have trouble with him or know why he's dodging me? I want to believe that he truly was hospitalized, and if he is sorry for his troubles, but I'm sick of this shit right now i.e. being short eighty five and having no phone.

Re: lg prada
Hey whats up bro , You can return the phone so I can issue a refund , Ive been hospitalized for about the last week and half , so have not been able to adress any online emails and such . awaiting your response

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawrenceyang
ill be filing a paypal dispute in the next day or so if you dont respond to my messages. just letting you know

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaygotboost
I have a place that will do It for about $25 you would have to take them the phone and wait about 30 mins. let me know

Quote:
*unless this can get done by the end of the day

Quote:
yeah give me everything , thamks

Quote:
there's some number on a yellow sticker on the back, numbers are : *******. do you need all the serial numbers that are on the manufacturer sticker ?

Quote:
Im gonna try to have everything resolved for you by this weekend . I need all serial #'s on the back of the phone and I have your Vzn info already ,

Quote:
any idea when this is gonna get done

Quote:
Thats not right , the phone has already had the software conversion so you dont need the full flash , give me the # and Ill have them do it . Thats the cost for a normal flash

Quote:
i talked to peter and the place that he told me to call to activate the phone and they said it would cost eighty to activate the phone. i dont wanna be a dick but im gonna have to ask for a refund. i thought that this would just be a fast switch and i didnt want to spend 160. shits been just causing trouble for me

Quote:
K_style Peter Kim is my guy , he's here on the forums and a pretty cool guy . I contacted him yesterday regarding the phone . I wish he would hurry a little , I didnt know you needed a phone urgently but the decode the serial # for an esn , thats all we need so I am awaiting his response .

Quote:
any word from your guy ?

Quote:
ok cool Ill give him the info tomorrow , thanks again

Quote:
my verizon number is ********** but you can reach me at **********, ask for lawrence, it's my roommates phone

Quote:
let me get your # , when I had the phone with verizon the guy I bought it from did the activation for me , im gonna forward him your number so he can swap it out for you , hes gonna call you
Quote:
hey i dont wanna be a dick or anything but if i cant get this phone to work on verizon in a couple days im gonna have to ask for a refund. when i bought the phone i was under the assumption that it would be an easy and seamless process and it hasnt been and i really needed a phone this week.

Quote:
let me find the number of the place that swapped the esn for me ... Ill get back to you shortly

Quote:
having trouble switching this over to my number, talked with verizon for an hour

Quote:
Updated in paypal , I shipped 1 day priority .. should be in your email somewhere

Quote:
tracking number or anything ?

Quote:
either today or first thing Monday

Quote:
any idea when its gonna be here? just wondering

Quote:
got it , I'll start boxin it up now

Quote:
*just sent payment

Quote:
yes 85 shipped , I'll ship today priorty .

[

QUOTE=lawrenceyang]ugh alright can you just ship it to me ? 85 w/shipping ?

Quote:
Quote:
im in irvine, you ?

Quote:
Quote:
can you meet up somewhere? i need a phone quick =p

Quote:
Quote:
im down to give you the 85 but is the phone in korean? and the charger works in our outlets right >____> just wondering lmk
yes it's in english and was previously on the Verizon network . All you need is do an esn chage and esn is clean , it includes everything that the phone came with like when new .
yeah I'm free tomorrow morning . If you wanna meet up . Where you located ?
I'm in paramount by the 710 and 91 fwy , I could ship today and you might get it tomorrow . You should be about 45 mins or so from me

racerx2k1
05-05-2010, 08:41 PM
Banned from Marketplace until issue is resolved.

K_style
05-10-2010, 06:10 PM
Oh man... Hope this gets solved...

lawrenceyang
05-10-2010, 10:44 PM
he pmed me after not responding for a week right after he got his marketplace privilege revoked saying that a "turbo deal went south" and that he can't refund me for a "few days". We'll see what happens

sr20sean
05-11-2010, 08:52 AM
he's got a bad rep on a few forums actually
definitely been known to be slow with shipping also rarely replies to pm's but logs on for most days.

lawrenceyang
05-11-2010, 03:46 PM
i emailed him last night so we'll see if he responds to that. for some reason i can't pm him anymore, says either he's not accepting pms or he lost that privilege

lawrenceyang
05-27-2010, 02:18 PM
said he would pay me by yesterday two weeks ago...still nothing.