PDA

View Full Version : S13 and PS13 cosmetic differences?

s13clockwerk
05-05-2010, 10:50 AM
Been searching all the forums I can as well as pics and I can't seem to nail down any info for certain on this issue. What I'm really wondering is, are there any minor COSMETIC differences between the s13 and ps13 front ends?

I'm well aware of the zenki and chuki front differences on American 240s, but I'm wondering if there is a similar difference, however subtle it may be, between the honest-to-god jdm s13 (88-90 with ca) and the ps13 (91-93 with sr)? Any info would be greatly appreciated, including tidbits or pics about aero/non-aero trim packages, etc.

If this info has already been posted, please feel free to flame away. Honestly though without finding concrete answers after searching for over two weeks, I don't think it has been. Cheers.

s13clockwerk
05-06-2010, 07:24 AM
Bump... Anyone?

Slidin' Sam
05-06-2010, 07:32 PM
ps13 = s13 silvia coupe

rps13 = 180sx

rps13 had 3 different front ends...the zenki (ca18) (pignose in the states), chuki (red top sr20) (same as dohc 240's)...and kouki (black top s13 sr20) (not available in the states, this is the type-x style).

ps13 had zenki and kouki. The only difference (outside of ca18 vs red top sr20) was the front bumper. There were also I believe 3 different styles of headlights (Bricks, dual projector, and triple projector). ps13 stoped when the kouki rps13 started.

not sure if this is what you are looking for or not.

s13clockwerk
05-07-2010, 06:40 AM
Yeah I know the differences inthe hatches, but was trying to get specifics about the jdm coupes. I know there were bricks, dual projectors, and triple projectors, but I was wondering if, stock, there were any other subtle differences. For example, full amber bumper lenses vs half clear/half amber. Also, if you know the differences bt the bumpers for the coupes, since you mentioned that, it'd be awesome if you could fill me in on those.

Thanks a ton!

ranger240
05-07-2010, 07:50 AM
the aero silvia front bumper is somewhere in the equation too.... as is the optional front lip (similar to the sohc s13 one) available for the standard s13 silvia bumper... though you along with most people on zilvia already know about that stuff

i like where this threads going. it'd be great if there was a complete year-to-year listing of all available body colors and trim levels for s-chassis