PDA

View Full Version : road trip...give me places to go/see

crioten
07-07-2003, 10:34 PM
next month (aug) im planning on taking a road trip from st louis (where i currently reside and make un-attainable plans for my car) to southern cali (where my destination will be)...

what im looking for is places to check out, that would be cool to a 18 year old (duh!!!), any meet ups that wouldnt be too far out of the way, or anything else that might be interesting for me to check out...i really dont care how long it will take me to get there, i just wanna enjoy myself as much as i can. and im going to be doing this basically with no money and a 251pc tool set and tons of fluids in my hatch, so any awesome camping places along they way, that are free, or hella cheap let me know. (or hell im not that weird, let me camp in your backyard LOL!!)

please give me a few suggestions that i might like (and there are no set dates yet, im planning my trip around what seems to be the most meet-up's and events...

thanks
-glen

240SX714
07-07-2003, 10:47 PM
you're not weird, that used to be my kinda summer dream too. Just drive across country. Enjoy the sight seeing and all, wat an adventure. Maybe we're both weird? :doh:

Bill Roberts
07-07-2003, 11:23 PM
The back yard camp outs and such are cool.

Wanna come to S fla, I got room too...perfect 100 foot long driveway..and plenty of trips indoors for leak wise.

I got room for those that wana come down here in Aug.

Pretty booked in Sept-Nov though..(work load no party load)

cdlong
07-08-2003, 12:04 AM
well, you didn't mention what you were looking to see so i'll just guess. i went on a family vacation a few years ago out west, one of my favorite places we stopped was the black canyon of the gunnison. it was cool, but not very busy or all that big, not the canyon, the visitor area. pikes peak was fun too. i also climbed a 14er (peak over 14K feet) with a friend two summers ago. that was fun and more physically challenging than riding a train to the top of pikes peak. if you're looking for some nature, there's a lot there. if you're looking for something car oriented, maybe some automotive museums or tracks. you'll probably be able to find a track that is hosting a car club or something, you could get in for free or real cheap and see some interesting cars that are different than ours.

whatever you end up doing, have fun and be safe.

crioten
07-08-2003, 10:56 AM
ah, i never thought about hitting some tracks along the way...or any super sweet twisty roads.

i might end up going to florida too, my parrents have a condo somewhere down there lol...

anyone know of any some rural highways that arent too far off track, or unless they are really amazing...and it would be really neat if there was some 240/nissan meets i could drop by on

who knows i might set a record for the most 240 meets in one day (doubt it :( but its a dream)

feel free to drop more suggestions on really neat roads that would be on the way, i still havent planned out the route...