PDA

View Full Version : DG5 vs JIC FLT-A2 Susp

ShawnHalu
05-02-2010, 02:01 PM
guyz 1st of all i would like to apologize for creating a suspension thread again! but i really need some opinion after reading up thread against price, JDM USDM, etc.(i myself is using JIC FLT-A2 now. which i feel is great. but it seems to be having some prob. it have some knocking sound coming off, i believe so it is the pillow ball mount prob) but if it not that prob then i guess i would have to swap a new susp in! so i am pondering abt whether to get back JIC or swap to DG5. seriously only these 2 brand! i have heard people from my side(SG) that some suspension give off squeaking sound which i cant tolerate! lolz

so from what i read
1)JIC is rebuildable, what about DG5
2)DG5 only have 1 model of suspension for S15?
3)does is have squeaking sound when using for daily & gg over uneven road?
4)i guess the price diff bet JIC & DG5 is 2500,2580 respectively?

i would greatly appreciate any comments. thanks so much

fliprayzin240sx
05-02-2010, 03:18 PM
Usually, the squeaking sound you hear is the spring rubbing on itself when it compresses. You can either try spraying it with some lubricant like WD40 or get some spring wrap and wrap the spring to alleviate the noise.

PS: S14 and S15 coilovers are interchangeable, if you cant find anything for an S15, try S14s.

Om1kron
05-02-2010, 03:58 PM
both the jic's and the dg5's are a complete waste of money. read on how to build yourself a koni shock setup with ground control coilovers and pick whatever springs you want and pillowball mounts. conquer the world and support america.

fliprayzin240sx
05-02-2010, 04:03 PM
both the jic's and the dg5's are a complete waste of money. read on how to build yourself a koni shock setup with ground control coilovers and pick whatever springs you want and pillowball mounts. conquer the world and support america.

Guess you missed the part that he's from Singapore...doubt he has the time to piece together a suspension setup from the states. Be alot easier to just get an off the shelf set.

lflkajfj12123
05-02-2010, 04:07 PM
Isn't JIC going out of business? I guess the obvious answer would be DG-5 then.

DJDANGER24
05-02-2010, 04:39 PM
how the hell are JIC a complete waste of money ? ive had the FLT-A2 on my car for over 7 years and still perform great. please, elaborate.

My JIC squeak only after it rains for me, so i just get under there and spray WD-40 on all my arms, joints etc. to get rid of the squeaks. like i said above, they are still in excellent shape after 7 years.

ShawnHalu
05-02-2010, 05:28 PM
Guess you missed the part that he's from Singapore...doubt he has the time to piece together a suspension setup from the states. Be alot easier to just get an off the shelf set.

yeah.. u r right! it hard for me to fix up a DIY suspension at my place. coz i dont think people from my place do that too.. or shld i say know how to do it.. haha

fliprayzin240sx: what suspenion are you using?

DJDanger24: yeah i am using that too.. what u think abt dg5? is it too hard for daily drive? i read it somewhere it hard for daily driven car, more for comp..

xpertsnowcarver
05-02-2010, 05:36 PM
Having your A2s rebuilt would probably be the better and cheaper way to go, even considering the shipping. The turn around time may take a long time though. I suppose it would cost you around $800 including shipping? Just guessing. You'd have to communicate with JIC and ask them to estimate shipping cost.

Om1kron
05-02-2010, 05:40 PM
how the hell are JIC a complete waste of money ? ive had the FLT-A2 on my car for over 7 years and still perform great. please, elaborate.

My JIC squeak only after it rains for me, so i just get under there and spray WD-40 on all my arms, joints etc. to get rid of the squeaks. like i said above, they are still in excellent shape after 7 years.

Because I have the same suspension and it's already too harsh for daily driving with the springs it comes with, of course I could switch to softer springs and up the damping rate and things would be good.

Mainly the JICS are now going to be US manufactured only or mexico manufactured however you want to look at that. JIC japan is gone JIC USA only remains. DG-5 is still here but with so many other available options to you why must it be the most expensive option (jics) or the EVEN MORE expensive option.

you can buy koni and ground control etc, etc, all around the world but at least those companies are a bit better with their customer feedback. Unless you speak Japanese, then maybe DG-5 would be more up your alley.

Either way this isn't my place to discuss anything or say whats what in the world of racing because I just daily drive and hard park my car.

If you're not doing serious racing, then from a "cruising standpoint"

you're wasting your money.

I hope that made what I'm trying to say completely clear.

If you just want something to raise or lower the car with, get stances, or megans, or function form like everyone else. Invest the saved money elsewhere in tires, rims, body kits, hookers, cocaine, etc.

ShawnHalu
05-02-2010, 05:44 PM
Having your A2s rebuilt would probably be the better and cheaper way to go, even considering the shipping. The turn around time may take a long time though. I suppose it would cost you around $800 including shipping? Just guessing. You'd have to communicate with JIC and ask them to estimate shipping cost.

ok thx. are u using A2 too?

Because I have the same suspension and it's already too harsh for daily driving with the springs it comes with, of course I could switch to softer springs and up the damping rate and things would be good.

Mainly the JICS are now going to be US manufactured only or mexico manufactured however you want to look at that. JIC japan is gone JIC USA only remains. DG-5 is still here but with so many other available options to you why must it be the most expensive option (jics) or the EVEN MORE expensive option.

you can buy koni and ground control etc, etc, all around the world but at least those companies are a bit better with their customer feedback. Unless you speak Japanese, then maybe DG-5 would be more up your alley.

Either way this isn't my place to discuss anything or say whats what in the world of racing because I just daily drive and hard park my car.

If you're not doing serious racing, then from a "cruising standpoint"

you're wasting your money.

I hope that made what I'm trying to say completely clear.

If you just want something to raise or lower the car with, get stances, or megans, or function form like everyone else. Invest the saved money elsewhere in tires, rims, body kits, hookers, cocaine, etc.

Don't get mistaken that i didn't get your advice. i understand where you are coming from. but i do say i am using the A2 and are please with it.. i don't wish to get a suspension that SG maybe not be selling and if anything wrong. i cant rebuild it or what then i am dead! lolz. thats y i am asking for more opinion whether to stick with A2s or upgrade to dg5? but if dg5 is more to competition purpose only and are hard for street i guess A2s are my only choice. coz i driven daily more than i drift.

anton1o
05-02-2010, 07:17 PM
DG-5 is fine for street, ive been in a car with 10/8 DG-5's in a 180SX, and the drive was very nice and did not at all feel like 10/8.
It felt alot like Greddy TypeS same spring rate 10/8 but felt amazing nice and smooth go to the track just wind the dampeners to hard.

DG-5 any day of the week if you can afford it.

ShawnHalu
05-02-2010, 07:31 PM
DG-5 is fine for street, ive been in a car with 10/8 DG-5's in a 180SX, and the drive was very nice and did not at all feel like 10/8.
It felt alot like Greddy TypeS same spring rate 10/8 but felt amazing nice and smooth go to the track just wind the dampeners to hard.

DG-5 any day of the week if you can afford it.

hi i am sorry i am not that good at suspension or what.. what do u means by 10/8? and does it feel hard or soft when driving?

shiftdrift
05-02-2010, 07:37 PM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/XQDIe9ABfLA&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/XQDIe9ABfLA&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>yep, JIC flt-a2=junk

fliprayzin240sx
05-03-2010, 05:18 AM
fliprayzin240sx: what suspenion are you using?

Im running Topline Aragostas...

ShawnHalu
05-03-2010, 08:30 AM
Im running Topline Aragostas...

nice. but it is ex right?

GripTerror
05-03-2010, 08:40 AM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/XQDIe9ABfLA&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/XQDIe9ABfLA&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>yep, JIC flt-a2=junk

And it also has custom arms, custom spindles, modified subframe, shall I go on?

I bet it would have driven even better with better dampers but hey fanboys will always post that video.

There's plenty other tracking 240s out there that DON'T run JIC and are fast ;) What you wana fight? lol :hyper:

The point is people are paying 'jdm' brand pricings for questionable products and because most people have been marketted the same stuff over and oever again the group mentality is to represent these 'jdm' brands without actually knowing whats in there. They're all shiney and have height adjustability and therefore are 'cool'. Hell look in this thread the guy didn't know what 10/8 meant, basically refering to front/rear springrates in kg/mm... so the point is people don't know what the hell they are talking about.

Point being, there's better (for less money) options out there for you guys. And for most of you hard parker boys stop posting that video too as you don't have a frickin clue what's in that car other than 'jic coilovers'.

If you put a set of coilovers on the car you'll questionably maybe go 1 second faster on track, it'll be mostly placebo effect on your mind that you have a faster car. There's a shit ton of other factors from alignment to geometry to tires you name it.

phew /rant

CrimsonRockett
05-03-2010, 09:18 AM
To clear something up, ALL of JIC is going under. Not just JIC Japan.

JIC USA is going under as well.

lflkajfj12123
05-03-2010, 09:28 AM
BOOM. DG-5 it is.

xpertsnowcarver
05-03-2010, 10:09 AM
ok thx. are u using A2 too?

Yes. I am using the FLT-TARs, which is basically the same thing.

WISH ONE
05-03-2010, 10:36 AM
To clear something up, ALL of JIC is going under. Not just JIC Japan.

JIC USA is going under as well.

Sux... I think the US side branched off and started some sort of tuning shop called ziel or sieger or something. We'll see how that works out for them.