PDA

View Full Version : NorCal Caravan to D1

NZO
07-06-2003, 05:08 PM
Its a little early to be thinking about this but I just thought I'd throw it out there to get an idea of how many people are going to make the drive down in august. I'm leaving friday (29th) morning so theres enough time to check in and relax when we get there. Anyone else down?

nokeone
07-06-2003, 05:19 PM
definately going...i know my friend Scott (RBS14) is also...although uncertain right now as to when exactly we will be going down..

s13chica
07-06-2003, 11:34 PM
Count me in! I'd be down to drive with a group...it always makes things a little more interesting.

nokeone
07-07-2003, 12:13 AM
Originally posted by s13chica
Count me in! I'd be down to drive with a group...it always makes things a little more interesting.

hey, i didn't really get a chance to talk to you at DD6...have fun?..how did the car do?..i saw the instructor take it for a lap..:eek: looked like it was set up pretty damn well..:D

how was the post party?..i passed out when i got home..:(..hope you had fun though..

going to DD7???

ootranceformeroo
07-07-2003, 12:39 AM
Im down...but I dont know when school starts though.

DRFT
07-07-2003, 01:50 AM
I might be down too but i also don't know when school starts. Its going to be one hell ofa drive...I remember driving to DRfit Showoff...:eek: 6 hour drive and another hour just to find the track.

RBS14
07-07-2003, 02:19 AM
Yeah i'm going down. School starts for me on the 27th but i'm hoping my parental units will let me skip the first couple days, not likely tho.:bash: I don't know if i wanna go down on the 29th tho. Not sure yet, too far ahead.

-Nokeone* please refer to me as Juan from now on. (or i'll kill u in ur sleep):coolugh:

nokeone
07-07-2003, 03:03 AM
Originally posted by RBS14

-Nokeone* please refer to me as Juan from now on. (or i'll kill u in ur sleep):coolugh:

hahah...new suggestion from Ava...

juan = wan

:bow:

s13chica
07-07-2003, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by nokeone
hey, i didn't really get a chance to talk to you at DD6...have fun?..how did the car do?..i saw the instructor take it for a lap..:eek: looked like it was set up pretty damn well..:D

how was the post party?..i passed out when i got home..:(..hope you had fun though..

going to DD7???

I had a blast at DD6...the car handled like a champ after we adjusted the camber, but in the begining the front end was pushing out really hard. It was funny because when Luke and I were standing by the car everyone would ask him if it was his car, and when he said no, they were always SOOOOOOOO suprised that it was mine.

It was my first time ever drifting my car, so I had a blast learning how to e-brake properly, and clutch kick. Everyone was super nice to me, and really supportive.

I was afraid that DD7 was the weekend my dad was getting married, but I found out that it's not, so I signed up yesterday!:D

nokeone
07-07-2003, 11:19 AM
I had a blast at DD6...

yay!!..:D

It was funny because when Luke and I were standing by the car everyone would ask him if it was his car, and when he said no, they were always SOOOOOOOO suprised that it was mine.

haha...that's pretty dope!..musta felt nice..seeing some of your hard work paying off in the eyes of others..:)

It was my first time ever drifting my car, so I had a blast learning how to e-brake properly, and clutch kick. Everyone was super nice to me, and really supportive.

that's great..yeah, it was a super friendly and community atmosphere..everyone was so chill and kick back..all just having a good time..

did you get a chance to talk to Moto?..if not make sure you do next event...he is SOO cool..such a nice guy..

I was afraid that DD7 was the weekend my dad was getting married, but I found out that it's not, so I signed up yesterday!:D

awesome..

how'd your tires hold up?..was that ground horribly rough or what?..and bumpy as all hell...lol..beggers can't be chosers i know..:)..but i went completely through 4 tires..oh well..guess i know what i'm spending money on before the next event..

sLiDewAys
07-07-2003, 04:08 PM
-thanks for the jello shot georgia. but any way. after i left the DD6 party, my bois and i hit up 152. i never knew pushin my car while buzzin was soo fun : ). lol but yeah. where are you all going to meet for the 6+ trip???

s13chica
07-07-2003, 06:02 PM
Nokeone-I ddin't have a chance to meet moto...although I did geta marrage proposal to from a sponsered hawaiian drifter. (the guy who drove my car):rolleyes: And after he drove my car like that I almost accepted..hehehehe

I only ended burning through 2 tires...but 100 bucks for the event+130 for the tires=an expensive day. I really shouldn't complain though, since it was worth every penny.

The backside of the main track was very rough...since my car has such stiff suspension I was getting thrown all over the place. Plus, it made it much more difficult to correct without power stearing. I WILL have that taken care of by DD7!

kalieaire
07-07-2003, 06:55 PM
go charter a bus.

NZO
07-08-2003, 03:49 PM
Meh, cant edit original post but we're going down on the 30th, no the 29th since the event is on 8/31. I was a little confused there. :p

NZO
08-22-2003, 02:11 AM
Yar, resurrecting this. Any interest?

drifting240sx
08-22-2003, 11:00 AM
im definately in.

nokeone
08-22-2003, 12:12 PM
looks like i will be missing this event...:bash: ..stupid engagement party...:cry:

s13chica
08-22-2003, 06:15 PM
Nokeone...sucks that you can't come to the event.

RBS14
08-22-2003, 09:22 PM
its alright nokeone can't go, he's only in it for the bling bling effect. :D

I'm definately going down, bought my ticket today. Christian, when are you planning on heading down?

anthony240
08-22-2003, 10:27 PM
Hey, I'm leaving on Saturday morning (8/30). I'm gonna be staying at the Four Points Sheraton in Monrovia, which is like 5min from the track. There's a bunch of hotels/motels there (Huntington Dr). Anyone gonna be stayin there? I'm in Tracy, so I5 is my backyard. I'm leaving at 6am, but i'm up for a caravan. Unless some of you are taking the 101. let me know, if nothing comes up, i'm out at 6. see you guys there.

NZO
08-23-2003, 12:51 AM
Bah sry nokeone cant make it.

Scott Im going down on the 30th but havent decided what time. 6am is pretty early for me, plus its only like a 4hr drive. You sure you wanna leave so early Anthony? :D Me and my buddies are also staying at the 4 points in monrovia; we stayed there last time and its a good place. Very close to the track. I know of at least one other person from FA who will be staying there as well so Im sure we wont be the only ones. We can have a minimeet in the parkinglot :p

Anyway, I wouldnt really mind leaving at 6am although it is kinda early as we would get to LA at 10am, is there something going on early that day that I dont know about? Any opinions on time?

PS Im planning on taking 5 like we did last time.

kazuo
08-23-2003, 03:02 PM
Guys,

I am gonna roll out on saturday, probably after 5PM... I have work the day before the event, so I'll prolly be driving down by myself. I'm takin' I5.

Anyone wanna come with me? :)

nokeone
08-23-2003, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by RBS14
its alright nokeone can't go, he's only in it for the bling bling effect. :D

true that...nigga what?!?!..gots ta get my bling on..;)

rollin on Volk Chromie TE37's...BOIING!!!

anthony240
08-23-2003, 07:06 PM
yea, you're right NZO, last time I went I left at 6am and made it at 10am. Nothing really going on, I just wanna arrive before lunch so I can eat there. Oh, but I am visiting Phase 2, I'm picking up a couple of parts, but I don't know yet what time they want me there, they're closed Saturday, but Luke said he'll have em for me. Maybe more info later on this week (1 more week!!!). I'm definitely down for a caravan cuz I'm driving by myself. What time did you have in mind?

NZO
08-23-2003, 09:33 PM
I dont really have a concrete time in mind but I do want to leave earlyish. If we leave at 8 well still get there around lunch time. Just let me know what you want to do and when you need to be at phase2. We also want to go check out the autobacs and I was thinking of doing that on the afternoon of the 30th because we'll probably be too tired to do it on the way home on the 1st.

gotrice240sx
08-24-2003, 12:56 AM
im in but i have to work on sat till 5 and i have to get monday off but other then that im in. so is everyone just spectating or is anyone in it? is anyone else leaving sat night? NZO are u taking ur s14 down there?

ootranceformeroo
08-24-2003, 02:01 PM
Im in too! just need to get my ticket. Let us know wassup. I want to check out super autbacs too! Man from the pics people have taken so far that place looks great! I wonder how close it will be from the ones in japan.

NZO
08-24-2003, 02:41 PM
Daniel right on, thats cool that you can make it. Are you just going to skip the first day of classes?

kazuo said he was leaving around 5 also gotrice so you could drive down with him. And yea im taking my s14.

ootranceformeroo
08-24-2003, 10:33 PM
yeah well first day starts tomarrow and after the frist week it's labor day weekend and we have monday off i think. I can make it now. ALl i need is a way to get there but i might go with my cousin jordan or some friends. Depending on when they want to leave we might caravan there. who knows until i find out.

gotrice240sx
08-24-2003, 10:49 PM
are ppl going to buy the tickets off line or at the gate? and where is everyone staying down there?

kazuo
08-24-2003, 11:30 PM
Yes kids!

gotrice: I live in Frisco too so if you're off at 6 like me then we can go together. This way I wont pass out behind the wheel and DIE!

*knocks on wood*

And ya. Anyone else wanna tag along? I don't have a particular place I'm gonna spend the night, but lets just find a ****in Motel 6 or something and call it a day.

At any rate I can't switch and leave early (I tried to get saturday off but no dice) so if any of you cats wanna come at 6PM, now is the time to tell me or rice (assuming he is going)

ootranceformeroo
08-24-2003, 11:36 PM
yeah well IF i cant get the day off then I might end up going with you 6 oclock guys. I get off at 7...not sure but that might be too late. I probaly can get it off though. Ill let you know ajoe.

NZO
08-25-2003, 02:36 PM
Ok so here are the groups right now:

Early
Nzo
anthony240
RBS14

Late
ootranceformeroo
kazuo
gotrice240sx

Other?
s13chica
drifting240sx
DRFT

gotrice240sx
08-25-2003, 07:07 PM
well i just called in to work so u can put me in ur early group, sorri late group lol what time is every one leaving in the early group and were are we meeting up? Nzo do u guys already have a hotel to stay at? And who bought there tickets already

NZO
08-25-2003, 11:41 PM
I want to get to anthony's place (or somewhere in tracy) at around 8 if thats ok with him, and then get on 5 since its right there.

My friends and I are staying at the 4 points sheraton in monrovia, anthony said he will be staying there as well. Its like 10 min from the track. And yea I have my tickets already. You can still get them online I think but you can also buy them at the gate if you dont mind wating in a longass line.

gotrice240sx
08-25-2003, 11:51 PM
if u dont mind how much did u guys pay..and where are u guys going to meet up at? and what time

NZO
08-26-2003, 12:20 AM
Sure, the room is $90 a night so 178 total but thats being split 3 ways so its not too bad.

As for where we are meeting I was thinking of everyone meeting in tracy ~8 since thats where anthony lives and hwy 5 is right next to it. I dunno where everyone is comming from exactly though so I dont know how well that will work for you all. Just let me know if you have any suggestions.

ootranceformeroo
08-26-2003, 12:23 AM
what day you guys leaving LA?

NZO
08-26-2003, 12:25 AM
Morningish on monday the 1st.

ootranceformeroo
08-26-2003, 12:26 AM
hey christian do you have instant messenger or somethign so i can talkt o you on there?

NZO
08-26-2003, 12:28 AM
yep nzos14

kazuo
08-26-2003, 12:37 AM
Latest I will be in frisco is 7PM. And thats only cus I need to go pick my car up after work.

Anyone have an extra hood release latch they can donate (with the cord to hook up to the lever under the dash?)

That'd make my life easier... :P

NZO
08-26-2003, 01:07 AM
Early
gotrice240sx (confirmed)
ootranceformeroo (confirmed)
Nzo (confirmed)
anthony240
RBS14

Late
kazuo (confirmed)

Other?
s13chica (flying)
drifting240sx
DRFT

Scott and Anthony post or msg me on aim (nzos14) to let me know whats up. Anthony we need to agree on a meeting place in tracy since I have no idea where anything is around there.

s13chica
08-26-2003, 01:20 AM
So my plans for d1 is that I am flying down to San Diego on Thursday to hang out with my sister, then we are driving up from there on sunday. I'm bummed I can't caravan down with everyone, I'm sure it will be fun. I'm planning on meating up with Kazuo when I get down there, so hopefully I will get to see lots zilvia folk.

Oh yeah...Just to remind everyone...Monday is labor day which means there will be tons of traffic on the road. If you plan on driving back on monday leave as early as possible, otherwise it will probably take all day to get back to the bay area.

I'M SO EXCITED FOR D1!

TRUENOCOUPE
08-26-2003, 12:17 PM
Head down Friday and Relax... Wonder all day Saturday... Partay Saturday nights... D1 Sunday = Boring day and hot.

See you guys there.

FlyingChicken
08-27-2003, 09:48 PM
i need a ride to d1!!!!!! i am in the bay!!!!! help!!!
[email protected]

NZO
08-28-2003, 12:19 AM
Chicken post on i-club and nasioc forums. I think there are a few wrx guys driving down from the sac/davis area.

FRpilot
08-28-2003, 12:25 AM
man. i would go with you guys. but for some reason, when i drive above 80 or 90 mph after like 15-20 mins on the highway, white smoke comes out of my exhaust. arggg... dunno whats up. gotta get that fixed..

Danio
08-28-2003, 04:58 AM
Hey would one of you Saturday morning people PM me your cell phone number? I'll be going onto I-5 from San Jose around 9-10ish. Maybe I'll meet you guys somewhere on 5.

I'll be driving a 2000 Corolla. Saves on gas money. -_-

drifting240sx
08-28-2003, 02:07 PM
anyone leaving on sunday early morning???

NZO
08-28-2003, 03:15 PM
I think scott (rbs14) is leaving sunday morning.

kazuo
08-29-2003, 11:32 PM
**** the Sheraton, if you scroll down that very same page on the Irwindale site and call the Holiday Inn @ Monrovia, you get two beds for $89/night. :P

It's also only 5 mins. from the track...

PS - Looks like Chris (bayarea240) and a friend or two of his will be driving down with me. also my co-worker will be rollin downwith me it looks like. no teh hotness will not be there, i am bringing a rental car... :/

word.

nokeone
08-30-2003, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by NZO
I think scott (rbs14) is leaving sunday morning.

7am departing time from Santa Cruz...