PDA

View Full Version : 93 on ebay looks like a good deal

Bill Roberts
07-06-2003, 12:28 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2422298022&category=6396

I am not affiliated with the sale whatsoever...but for those who have ruined their car and want another one...for what it looks like, you could afford to fly to Florida, have a mini vacation and drive it back.

Just a public service anouncement.

Since I am not the one selling it...I figured it would be poor taste to put this in the for sale section...

PARAD0X
07-06-2003, 02:57 PM
those artistic designs make it look dirty

KiDyNomiTe
07-06-2003, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by Bill Roberts
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2422298022&category=6396

I am not affiliated with the sale whatsoever...but for those who have ruined their car and want another one...for what it looks like, you could afford to fly to Florida, have a mini vacation and drive it back.

If I didnt have mine I would have, Im going to orlando soon.

That car would be so nice if it weren't for all the crap on it. spoilerless fastbacks are nice :D

legendarysnail
07-06-2003, 11:05 PM
Whoa buddy...lose the ghetto wheels and get some springs ;) Otherwise it's a nice, clean hatch.

zero.counter
07-07-2003, 06:22 PM
Not to shabby at the current $1800 bid

Bill Roberts
07-07-2003, 06:28 PM
It was at 1025.00 when I posted this...now that would have been a killer deal. I suppose it is not worth much more than 22 / 2300..

s14falcon
07-07-2003, 07:00 PM
Yeah, its gotta lost the rims and the designs, also, i noticed he wrote that it has power windows while i can see the hand crank on the picture of the door. I live pretty close though, so i might check it out. Looks like a pretty good deal.

hey, waddya know, my first post after how many months being here?

method2833
07-07-2003, 10:43 PM
the list says the car has cruise control and power windows but when looking at the pics there are no buttons on the steering wheel for the cruise, and the doors have cranks for the windows. Im calling this one a scam BEWARE!!!!:fruit:

Bill Roberts
07-07-2003, 10:46 PM
Yep...I noticed that too.

First rule of thumb in used car buying is get it on a lift and see it...second is to look under the dash. If it was ever in a flood, you cannot clean it all out...you will know it...3rd rule, records, forth, condition of the battery cables..

List goes on and on.

At 1025, I would have taken my chances...at 2G..I would have to see it , drive it, feel it and look up it's skirt..for real.

Also in light of this...

"Positive feedback: 83.3%" and only 4 transactions.

I agree..it is easy to be a sucker...but I would not put out that much dough without seeing it in person at this time.

Funny how these things go.

I feel for those who have racked up their 240SX and want another..at the right price, I can fix one up...seems to be getting outside the envelope eh?

Most important..."CARFAX CHECK"

Bill Roberts
07-08-2003, 07:23 PM

I like to keep up with late S-13's and see what they go for.

I really would like to get a 97 but the time is not now...

The 89 will be in the family for a long time...as log as possible..

zero.counter
07-08-2003, 07:29 PM

I like to keep up with late S-13's and see what they go for.

I really would like to get a 97 but the time is not now...

The 89 will be in the family for a long time...as log as possible..
Way too much, IMO

Bill Roberts
07-08-2003, 07:33 PM
I agree. At the original 1025...it would have been a deal. Dude in "for sale" in Little rock has a pretty clean car for 900. I always keep my eyes open for a decent deal..

Thier were some issues with the posting of that ebay auction.

Why can't people just be true?

Why the hell in used cars folks like to bullsh!t so much about condition...etc..

I would rather see a dirty engine than a clean one, you at least know what you are getting had it not been kept clean...and tire wax...and funky hubcaps...give me a break..

I wanna see it like it was given up on myself....

Sheeeeze..

zero.counter
07-08-2003, 07:42 PM
Thier were some issues with the posting of that ebay auction.

Why can't people just be true?

Why the hell in used cars folks like to bullsh!t so much about condition...etc..

I would rather see a dirty engine than a clean one, you at least know what you are getting had it not been kept clean...and tire wax...and funky hubcaps...give me a break..

I wanna see it like it was given up on myself....

Sheeeeze..
Very true Bill, there are liars amongst us on e-bay. This on looks like a solid hitter. (http://www.autotrader.com/findacar/vdetail.jtmpl?car_id=133931153&dealer_id=&car_year=1989&make=NISSAN&distance=25&max_price=&model=240SX&advcd_on=n&end_year=2004&min_price=&certified=n&address=78242&search_type=used&advanced=n&start_year=1983&color=&cardist=25)(ZIP Code in use is not actual, but within 80 miles). I can at least drive there and check it out before buying it. Hell, he says the motor has problems, no prob, just drop the price to $600 and we are good.
Back to the e-bay thing. You have to cross your fingers about the actual condition because of that "AS IS" clause under warranty. Sneaky baztards! :mad: