PDA

View Full Version : My 240sx is also dead :(

Freeject
07-05-2003, 11:22 PM
Was up in Watkins Glen new york for some open track sessions. After the first day at the track (which was, by the way, the most fun I ever had in a car) I rear-ended a young family :bash: . They were stopped on a blind 40mph up-ramp and I was preoccupied with finding the right way back to my hotel.

http://www.brentroad.com/photos/00132625.jpg
http://www.brentroad.com/photos/00132626.jpg
(thats their car on the right. a saturn sedan, not totalled like mine but in need of serious repair).

Luckily for all of us, no one was hurt. In fact, I was completely unscathed. The airbag didnt hurt one bit and moments after the crash I was able to jump out of my car and run to see if they were ok.

Needless to say, I was unable to attend the following track days, or sleep soundly for the rest of the week (knowing I endangered the lives of 3 ppl, one being a child :cry: ). Looks like I'll have to wait a few more months until I can get my SCCA license.

Whats worse is the only bus heading to Raleigh NC (where I live) was leaving at 9 am the next day, so I was unable to strip most of the good parts off my car :mad: . If anyone here lives near the fingerlakes, then search the nearby junkyards for a '96 S14 w/ barely broken in Eibach+tokico suspension, b&m shifter, brand new drilled rotors and an alpine sound system. The engine and suspension components should be fine, with the exception of the radiator.

Soon I will be posting pictures of my replacement vehicle...

Bill Roberts
07-05-2003, 11:27 PM
Damnit.

I am happy they and you are ok and not hurt.

Inattention is what causes accidents...not paying attention.

So sorry for your loss./ I hate to see another 240 go down and really.....see what you can do to learn from this.

Driving is a full time job. Expect the unexpected.

When rolling along, think of rolling over.

Defensive driving is safe driving.

Watch out for the other guy.

I could go on and on..

So sorry for you dude..That hurts.

Can't you get a chance to go back and strip what you want or buy it from the insurance co...for about 300 bucks? I mean...did you turn your title over to the junk yard yet? Are you sited for an infraction? court? lawsuit?

96SEChick
07-05-2003, 11:29 PM
Damn, another one down :cry: I'm so glad you and the family are OK. Very fortunate, indeed. Do you already have your replacement vehicle picked out or purchased?

Bill Roberts
07-05-2003, 11:35 PM
Laurens car is so cherry...I wish I could get it....look at it...awesome car.

Lauren ....:)

gfisch
07-05-2003, 11:48 PM
Damn dude, that sucks.
That looks strikingly familiar to my S14 I totaled.
Glad u weren't hurt; these cars seem quite good at absorbing impact, I barely felt anything in mine.
You should buy it back from the insurance company and part it out. And hook us all up w/ the parts :). You can make good money that way. That how I ended up w/ my new 240.

Freeject
07-05-2003, 11:51 PM
I sold the title to the towing place for $250. Since the car was in new york and I have a full time job in north carolina, I really didnt have any other choice but to sell it.

In the two weeks since the accident, Ive managed to grab a '92 se coupe /w less than 100k (at $2500 it was a great deal, but that WAS the $$$ I was saving to turbo my s14 :( ). As soon as I can have the title notorized, I'll get some pics for you guys.

BTW, I did not have collision on teh S14, however I WILL have it on my next car.

Bbandit
07-06-2003, 12:35 AM
omg.. another s14...
:(
glad to hear you and that young family are okay

Anubis
07-06-2003, 12:54 AM
Dam, i feel the pain. I just lost mine too. Good thing you made it out ok. The s14 does fair pretty well in a crash, mine was totally crushed in on the drivers side and I wasn't really in pain at all. Lookin forward to seeing your new car!

96SEChick
07-06-2003, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by Bill Roberts
Laurens car is so cherry...I wish I could get it....look at it...awesome car.

Lauren ....:)

Thanks Bill! She's not very cherry right now--front bumper is off getting ready to be repainted - looks like she's ready to rally though! hehe

legendarysnail
07-06-2003, 10:10 AM
Man this really sucks...

I was entering a local freeway on a circular onramp (very short merging distance). I was so busy trying to find a gap in the oncoming traffic I failed to noticed the policecar stopped right at the end of the onramp...I had to slam on my brake sand swerve, causing me to do a 720...the cop just watched in awe :bash:

Luckily no one was hurt and no damage was done to either cars. This was in a '93 Z24 (3.1L V6) convertible I used to have

Freeject
07-06-2003, 05:16 PM
Had the title notorized today. Stock '92 SE coupe w/ custom leather interior + hud, 90k on the odo. I practically stole it for $2500.

http://www.brentroad.com/photos/00135664.jpg
http://www.brentroad.com/photos/00135668.jpg

Even though Im a bad person and probably dont deserve such a nice car, it feels really good to have wheels again...

zero.counter
07-06-2003, 06:31 PM
Sorry to hear about the accident. Glad that you are a responsible person and was not just worried about the car, :rawk: It is good that you got back on your feet with a nice car.:boink: Drive safely

zero.counter
07-06-2003, 06:41 PM
Sorry about the last post. I was in the middle of a call. What I meant to say was that you were worried about them before you even worried about your car.

weirdstyles.net
07-06-2003, 06:49 PM
Nice buy, good to see you in some way came out on top.

sorry about the accident, ive been there.

good luck

240silvia
07-07-2003, 12:34 AM
Wow, sorry about the S14, and I love th coupe, so nice, I live in Wilmington, if you ever want to get together to have a meet let me know. Also, do you know Kyle, with the turboed S13, he is in Raleigh also.

Freeject
07-07-2003, 09:42 PM
Ive met kyle a couple of times, along with the whole burlington crew. Im always up for a meet if you guys are willing.

BTW thanks guys for all the positive/consoling feedback

Bill Roberts
07-07-2003, 09:58 PM
You came through!

Nice coupe and so glad you are ok Man.

How are you?

KoukiS14
07-10-2003, 12:37 AM
http://www.brentroad.com/photos/00135668.jpg

WOW! Those seats like 10x better than the stock leather seats I had in my S13. good job. . looks VERY nice. .

KiDyNomiTe
07-10-2003, 11:15 AM
Nice coupe, did it never see the sun or were the seats reupholstered.

Look so nice and clean, don't hurt this beauty.

-E-
07-10-2003, 11:26 AM
wow another s14 gone:( good to hear your ok

Hondamatic
07-10-2003, 11:44 AM
Yes, welcome to the coupe family. I recommend taking off the black vinyl on the side of the car itll make it look 10 times better.

legendarysnail
07-10-2003, 10:40 PM
Wow wow...I saw the first pic and thought you had stole one of my pics...looks exactly like mine did when I first bought it! VERY good choice...if by chance you ever happen to sell those seats....hmmm I think you know where I'm going :D

Freeject
07-10-2003, 11:32 PM
The car came with the normal cloth seats, but the previous owner had these custom ones installed recently because "they were easier to get stains out of" (he has kids). Even the back seats were redone.

BTW, yesterday I was 100% sure that S13s didnt have leather as an option. Do you really have an interior with stock leather?

cny_vdub
07-22-2003, 01:51 PM
Holy christ that was your car??!! Yeah ur car went into the local junkyard here 2 weeks ago.... damnit!! It never even went into the yard!! It was crushed almost immediately Damn I wish i could have gotten to the suspension etc... Im sorry... man ur new s13 is real nice... especially for 2500!! Damn... oh by the way im in Auburn. which is like an hr away from Watkins.... goodluck with the new one..;)

crioten
07-22-2003, 03:00 PM
my '91 s13 le has leather... look in my sig for the links to some of my pics...

it has leather, but not very good leather :)

DuffMan
07-22-2003, 03:49 PM
That coupe is really impressive, and nice silver lining to the cloud of having crashed your s14.

Freeject
07-22-2003, 10:11 PM
Yeah ur car went into the local junkyard here 2 weeks ago.... damnit!! It never even went into the yard!! It was crushed almost immediately

holy ****ing christ ARE YOU SERIOUS?? OH GOD WHY??!!! ****ING SONOVA **** :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
I dont know why, but it never even occurred to me that my car would be crushed...I was hoping my car would sit in a parts yard for the rest of time...****, I feel like such a ****head...:bash: :bash: :wtc: