PDA

View Full Version : 89 Coupe Oil Leak and Now won't go into Gear

EASTSiDe 2 WESTSiDe
04-27-2010, 09:16 AM
I have a 89 Coupe with a KA24E nothing special so the other day I stopped at a gas station too only come out with the car still on pouring some type of Pink / Orange colored oil couldnt really tell cause it was dark outside and it was asphalt just knew it wasn't motor oil cause the car was still on. So I drove to the light and the car wouldn't go back into gear. The clutch was working just fine but then after getting it back into the gas station and loosing some more fluid it now sticks when being pressed down.

Any ideas on this because I searched for the leak and all I can find is somehow its leaking from the top of my transmission down but its not by the gear box and looks like it might be a hose that goes from the Clutch Master to Slave but all the oil doesn't make sense if it came from there.

Any insight would help thanks.

DALAZ_68
04-27-2010, 12:21 PM
transmission fluid...if its pink/redish... its might be over flowing from the top shifter housing plate...(assuming its manual) if its auto...maybe from the trans dipstick hole?

EASTSiDe 2 WESTSiDe
04-27-2010, 12:26 PM
Yes its Manual I don't get why it would be over flowing tho cause it was driving fine for about a month and a half till 2 days ago when it poured some out and then stopped going into gear. It shifts fine when the car is off I even added some fluid the other day and got it to get into gear but the clutch seems to get stuck when putting down.

acoello
04-27-2010, 02:37 PM
I had this problem too.I had to change my clutch master cylinder and slave cylinder.My pedal kept sticking to the floor.It sounds like the line to one or the other is leaking and ur actually leaking clutch master cylinder fluid.Which is actually brake fluid.The reason it shifts when the engine is off cuz theres no load on the trans from the engine or the road surface.

DALAZ_68
04-27-2010, 04:52 PM
I had this problem too.I had to change my clutch master cylinder and slave cylinder.My pedal kept sticking to the floor.It sounds like the line to one or the other is leaking and ur actually leaking clutch master cylinder fluid.Which is actually brake fluid.The reason it shifts when the engine is off cuz theres no load on the trans from the engine or the road surface.

i would figure it would have been CMC of CSS but the color of the fluid he described can either be trans fluid, or p/s fluid (which is actually AT fluid also...lol) so...

if you can provide pics it help alot...