PDA

View Full Version : heroic homless man left to die on sidewalk after saving woman

HyperTek
04-26-2010, 11:26 PM
Homeless good Samaritan left to die on NYC street | TheLedger.com (http://www.theledger.com/article/20100427/APA/1004270523)

GRAPHIC VIDEO: Stabbed Homeless Hero Dies as More Than 25 Walk Past… « A Ct Patriot's Blog (http://ctpatriot1970.wordpress.com/2010/04/24/homeless-hero-lays-dying-video/)

freaking sad.. how come the female he saved ran off? what a bitch!

Gnnr
04-26-2010, 11:28 PM
What do you expect from NY. :rolleyes:

hailandkill
04-26-2010, 11:33 PM
more like what do you expect from americans, big city morons in particular.

jrocslider
04-26-2010, 11:36 PM
piece of shit took a pic from his phone! wow

murda-c
04-26-2010, 11:37 PM
i'm sure most of them figured he was a waste anyway.

HyperTek
04-26-2010, 11:38 PM
before jumping into something, sometimes you gotta think of the potential results.. i.e. jumping into a fight to back your friend up could get you injured or in jail etc.. but you never think you will loose your life over it

Mister.E
04-26-2010, 11:53 PM
fuckin sad, not much else to say about it other than that

Persona
04-26-2010, 11:56 PM
"Doing nothing is doing something"

I guess the people that walked by one after one couldnt understand this.

ViciousCesar!
04-27-2010, 12:46 AM
human beings really sicken me sometimes.

lawrenceyang
04-27-2010, 12:50 AM
this is disgusting. people just don't give a shit about things outside of their immediate lives

ronmcdon
04-27-2010, 02:45 AM
if he had survived, he'd probably get sued by someone.
it just pays off to mind your own business, or so it seems in this day & age.

enkei2k
04-27-2010, 07:00 AM
that's how life is in NYC unfortunately. All hustle and bustle, everybody minds their own business unless their own life is in danger.

fcdrifter20
04-27-2010, 10:25 AM
this is disgusting. people just don't give a shit about things outside of their immediate lives

it is, but sadly its the world we live in

WanganRunner
04-27-2010, 10:28 AM

No it doesn't, and it's unfortunate that some people think so.

DJDANGER24
04-27-2010, 10:49 AM
more like what do you expect from americans, big city morons in particular.i dont know about that right there. more like NY city morons. if that shit would of happened in LA or here in San Diego, i can assure you someone would of tried to help. dont go generalizing all big cities for the selfish acts of another.

DJDANGER24
04-27-2010, 10:50 AM
that's how life is in NYC unfortunately. All hustle and bustle, everybody minds their own business unless their own life is in danger.hey hey no ones life is ever in me

DALAZ_68
04-27-2010, 11:04 AM
i dont know about that right there. more like NY city morons. if that shit would of happened in LA or here in San Diego, i can assure you someone would of tried to help. dont go generalizing all big cities for the selfish acts of another.

how about no one point fingures of who would do what in what situation...its easy to speculate and wonder...its a totally different thing when shit gets real....

just sayin...

240love
04-27-2010, 11:07 AM
KARMA IS A BITCH and i hope it comes to all those people

DJDANGER24
04-27-2010, 11:25 AM
how about no one point fingures of who would do what in what situation...its easy to speculate and wonder...its a totally different thing when shit gets real....

just sayin...im not pointing fingers, im telling you what would happen if that were to happen in LA or SD to my knowledge. (not trying to get crazy lol)

DALAZ_68
04-27-2010, 11:30 AM
im not pointing fingers, im telling you what would happen if that were to happen in LA or SD to my knowledge. (not trying to get crazy lol)

ur not telling me anything... i know a few amount of people all over CA that wouldnt do jack either... (not tryin to get crazy either, just telling you the honest trueth)...stuck up people are stuck up people, doesnt matter were they are...if there happens to be someone there who's willing to do something, its the luck of the draw, and that persons up bringing, not because of where they live....

!Zar!
04-27-2010, 12:44 PM
People are more likely to not pay attention to a situation as such.

Most probably figured he was a drunk on the sidewalk.

Everyone turns into Dudley Doright up until shit really goes down.

DALAZ_68
04-27-2010, 12:46 PM
Everyone turns into Dudley Doright up until shit really goes down.

my thoughts exactly...:rimshot:

RiversideS13
04-27-2010, 12:53 PM
this news made me feel mad

i hope karma works hard at this case

Matej
04-27-2010, 01:42 PM
Willing to bet that most of you guys would not do anything either when it actually came down to it.

I like to think that I would save him and the world in situations like this this, but who knows what I would actually do when put on the spot. To be honest, unless I saw blood, I would assume he was drunk.

DALAZ_68
04-27-2010, 02:50 PM
unless I saw blood, I would assume he was drunk.

this type of thinking...outweighs

i hope karma works hard at this case

this kind of thinking...

undesiredshoe
04-27-2010, 02:54 PM
Bystander Apathy

murda-c
04-27-2010, 02:58 PM
Hey i found a guy bleeding on the sidewalk, and I called 911.

apparently he had fallen off a skateboard, but it must have rolled down the street so I thought he was a homeless man.

I'm sorry but if a guy goes up and rolls him over and sees that he's bleeding, and walks away, i feel like there is some responsibility there.

I LUV MY S13
04-27-2010, 03:06 PM
yeah you couldnt really see blood, i would have thought he was drunk or high..now if i was that guy that lifted him over and had seen the blood then i would've called 911 no doubt

misterbrownpants
04-27-2010, 03:07 PM
Wow just wow... this makes me want to shit my pants.

If anyone should have called for help, it should have been the lady that this homeless guy just saved. Blehhh....

FaLKoN240
04-27-2010, 04:24 PM
Wow just wow... this makes me want to shit my pants.

I don't know what that would've solved.

lewisfk
04-27-2010, 04:38 PM
i dont care about the people who passed him bye, but what in the hell happen to the women he saved! WHAT A BITCH!

aznpoopy
04-27-2010, 04:40 PM
i can understand ignoring a bum on the streets of NY. but certain ppl here seem more culpable than others. chick he saved, rolls him over dude, cell phone pic guy. crucify them. wrong address, really? jesus.

NismoDriverS13
04-27-2010, 04:53 PM
im almost fully convinced that something is just so wrong with our society. i mean people are dieing, sending a huge message that there are less of those who help, and when they do the rest of us dont follow, we simply move on. As if care free again. it sucks cause the dude risked his life and lost it, due to some random bitch that was gonna get mugged and possibly alley banged. she could of atleast reached in her purse and dial 911.

!Zar!
04-27-2010, 05:25 PM
im almost fully convinced that something is just so wrong with our society. i mean people are dieing, sending a huge message that there are less of those who help, and when they do the rest of us dont follow, we simply move on. As if care free again. it sucks cause the dude risked his life and lost it, due to some random bitch that was gonna get mugged and possibly alley banged. she could of atleast reached in her purse and dial 911.

What the fuck are you talking about?

Mugged?

Alley banged?

Like I said, chances are the dude looked like he was just passed out. Don't tell me you check every person sleeping on the street if they are dead or not.

Chick was most likely in an argument with her man. Not to mention you have no idea if she or her man have criminal history in which you wouldn't want to call the cops.

Good people die every day. Is it fair, no.

Shit, Some people die as casualties of conflict during overseas fights.

It wasn't the best outcome for the man that died, but don't act like you all are for justice when there are people in jail for things they didn't do.

Anything can be looked back on in retrospect when one has a clear head.

How many times have you seen someone standing outside of their car on the side of the freeway? Most likely you would drive right past.

Say someone gets into an accident and hits the individual that was standing outside of their car and the impact kills them.

Then you would start thinking back, ' Man, if so-and-so happened then they wouldn't be dead '.

Life's a bitch.

CrashQueen
04-27-2010, 05:55 PM
^^ However it's with this mentality why people continue going on not caring about others. It's pretty damn depressing. Bystander apathy is exactly it.

A person can at least take the time to help some people rather than choose to help no one. Not everyone can be saved from whatever it is they need to be saved from, but at the very least, whatever is within one's ability to help another person, you should at least try.

I've pulled over on the side of the road to help people more than most of you probably think I should go out of my way doing such as help someone push a car, call a tow, jump start a car, give a ride. You see a person standing next to some food joint and begs people for food...come on it's freakin food not your pocket change but for freakin food! You offer him/her a meal. I've seen a person passed out on the floor and walk up asking if he is alright, even if more often times than not, these people are just drunkards you just never know....

I guess most people don't do it because they can't trust anyone and to each his own, but seriously, just think to yourself, if you are ever caught in a situation where you needed help and you had no family or friends to come to your aide, you'd damn well hope that someone out there with a kind heart comes to your rescue.

You don't just accept that that's the way the world is, you step outside of the box and change the way the world thinks.

NismoDriverS13
04-27-2010, 06:06 PM
thank u crashqueen. its all the simple minded ppl that dont want to change their ways, and actually do help someone.....until that happens the world wont change. If we just be ignorant to the world, we would fall apart as a human kind.

that's what makes us human, by helping each other, not stick up our noses and walk around thinking that ur the perfect shit. then u get in a bad situation and u need help and no one wants to, u will see things differently my friend.

That homeless dude is still a human, he had memories, good and bad, he had history.

let me ask u a question ZAR, if u were one of those ppl walking by the homeless guy thats bleeding to death, u wouldn't call 911?

jspaeth
04-27-2010, 06:08 PM
if he had survived, he'd probably get sued by someone.

True

No it doesn't, and it's unfortunate that some people think so.

Yes it DOES, and you can thank LAWYERS for that. No one is responsible for themselves anymore, and so many people will always look for a way to make money off of someone else in any situation.

Lawyers = FAIL

99maxgtr
04-27-2010, 06:09 PM
That sucks what happened, but having worked in NYC it doesn't surprise me at all. I think that the dude that went through the trouble to shake the dude and saw the blood could have taken the minute to call the cops atleast... i mean he was somewhat concerned to see a guy passed out on the floor. anyways yeah shit sucks. And to Crashqueen, i hope that if i ever get stabbed or pass out on the street, someone like you would do something to help.

"Do unto others as you would have others do unto you"

!Zar!
04-27-2010, 06:14 PM
^^ However it's with this mentality why people continue going on not caring about others. It's pretty damn depressing. Bystander apathy is exactly it.

A person can at least take the time to help some people rather than choose to help no one. Not everyone can be saved from whatever it is they need to be saved from, but at the very least, whatever is within one's ability to help another person, you should at least try.

I've pulled over on the side of the road to help people more than most of you probably think I should go out of my way doing such as help someone push a car, call a tow, jump start a car, give a ride. You see a person standing next to some food joint and begs people for food...come on it's freakin food not your pocket change but for freakin food! You offer him/her a meal. I've seen a person passed out on the floor and walk up asking if he is alright, even if more often times than not, these people are just drunkards you just never know....

I guess most people don't do it because they can't trust anyone and to each his own, but seriously, just think to yourself, if you are ever caught in a situation where you needed help and you had no family or friends to come to your aide, you'd damn well hope that someone out there with a kind heart comes to your rescue.

You don't just accept that that's the way the world is, you step outside of the box and change the way the world thinks.

thank u crashqueen. its all the simple minded ppl that dont want to change their ways, and actually do help someone.....until that happens the world wont change. If we just be ignorant to the world, we would fall apart as a human kind.

that's what makes us human, by helping each other, not stick up our noses and walk around thinking that ur the perfect shit. then u get in a bad situation and u need help and no one wants to, u will see things differently my friend.

That homeless dude is still a human, he had memories, good and bad, he had history.

let me ask u a question ZAR, if u were one of those ppl walking by the homeless guy thats bleeding to death, u wouldn't call 911?
This thread isn't about helping people and doing good deeds.

It is about a man who tried to intervene in an argument and ended up getting stabbed.

There has yet to be sufficient proof that all those people who passed him know that he was dead; aside from the the other, "hobo" that is believed to be fully aware that he was dead. Truthfully that is illegal to do that.

You all assume that they knew he was dead because you WANT them to be aware that he was dead.

How often do you walk past someone and think that they are dead or not? How many of you have even seen that was dead straight up on the street?

People believe what they want to believe and the body runs on auto pilot for a majority of that time, that's why one would be more willing to think that he is a drunk on the sidewalk than a man who died trying to do an alleged good deed.

I'm pretty sure most people who at least call the cops if they think that there is a dead body on the street. If they are aware. In which this case, I believe a majority wasn't.

NismoDriverS13
04-27-2010, 06:20 PM
still not like that........i mean its no ones job or anything, but why not be a bit curious and see if the dude is ok? just nodge him a bit and ask if he is ok or if he needs medical help, then take 5 mins to call 911 while ur strolling down the street.

!Zar!
04-27-2010, 06:28 PM
Are you just arguing for the sake to try and make all people bad?

I pass countless hobo's/homeless/crazy people sleeping in San Francisco every time I go up there.

Do you REALLY think that I/everyone else should poke them with a stick and see what's up?

NismoDriverS13
04-27-2010, 06:31 PM
maybe not everyone, but could be that one person like urself or myself that can save a life.

!Zar!
04-27-2010, 06:33 PM
BRB

Poking hobos with sticks.

HyperTek
04-27-2010, 07:01 PM
i think those public cameras that everyone soo hates invading their privacy look like a good idea. Wouldnt have stopped this, but people knowing full well that they could be scene may help reduce the chances. A typical tv viewer can get ideas of what they can get away with as far as crime goes.

spooled240
04-27-2010, 07:12 PM
i would've thought he was just passed out on some coke or some shit, but if I saw blood I would've called 911...i've called 911 on drunk drivers without hesitation lol

aznpoopy
04-27-2010, 07:17 PM
i think those public cameras that everyone soo hates invading their privacy look like a good idea. Wouldnt have stopped this, but people knowing full well that they could be scene may help reduce the chances. A typical tv viewer can get ideas of what they can get away with as far as crime goes.

so cure the impotency of the masses by substituting civic concern with surveillance cameras. way to go after the source of the problem.

fcdrifter20
04-27-2010, 07:19 PM
im not pointing fingers, im telling you what would happen if that were to happen in LA or SD to my knowledge. (not trying to get crazy lol)

what part of those cities have you been too?? i know plenty of ppl in either of those cities (and many other cities)who could watch some one get shot or stabed and walk away as if nothing happened. Cant ever know what someone will do until they are put into that certain situation.

^^ However it's with this mentality why people continue going on not caring about others. It's pretty damn depressing. Bystander apathy is exactly it. .

What do you mean with this mentality??:aw: Dont be naive... Its called life and this kinda shit happens

FaLKoN240
04-27-2010, 07:32 PM
I am gonna agree with Mel on this one.

If I passed a homeless looking dude passed out on the sidewalk, I probably wouldn't have thought much of it.

But the guy that flipped him over and saw blood DEFINITELY should've done something at that point.

Him just looking and moving on is honestly GROSS negligence.

ronmcdon
04-27-2010, 08:41 PM
I am gonna agree with Mel on this one.

If I passed a homeless looking dude passed out on the sidewalk, I probably wouldn't have thought much of it.

But the guy that flipped him over and saw blood DEFINITELY should've done something at that point.

Him just looking and moving on is honestly GROSS negligence.

That's true, there were some ppl in a situation who knew for sure the guy was hurt.
The least you can do is call 911.
Somebody probably did just that as the cops did arrive 1hr 20 mins later.
1hr 20 mins response time isn't unheard of.

If you're not a medical professional,
you really ought not try to move the guy.
What should you do? Buy him a beer or read him something from the bible?

The dumbass shaking the victim could have hurt him a lot more &
be possibly be liable for criminal charges

RiversideS13
04-27-2010, 08:46 PM
now i think about it, i think maybe people just don't want to deal with the legal system and that is the reason they choose to ignore it. maybe those guys are illegal immigrants, guys with criminal record, guys always busy...etc.

bradass
04-27-2010, 11:16 PM
the world is a dark place...sad

Gnnr
04-28-2010, 10:35 AM

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." -Benjamin Franklin

I don't' want America to become a police state like the UK.