PDA

View Full Version : 2 questions! :D

chiboy002
04-26-2010, 03:27 PM
1. some days when i try shifting into reverse to pull out the garage it seems my gear box is "locked" so my shifter cant engage reverse, it doesn't even "click" into the gear, it just gets blocked right before entering the little slot. It works if i put it in 1st and then move a little then go back, could it just be a worn synchro?

2. if i rev at like 5k+ it seems like i build up a woosh sound, its definitely not boosted, it sounds like a high pressure air stream in my engine bay, or like PSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. but as soon as i let off the throttle it goes away, any ideas? i was thinking vacuum lines but that would affect otehr things

i have a s13 ka24de

xpertsnowcarver
04-26-2010, 03:31 PM
1. Correct. And/or your forks/rails, so to speak, inside the transmission need to be adjusted. And/or you need to change the oil. There could be debris in there.

2. Best solution to this would be to disassemble and reassemble to system of vacuum lines.

acoello
04-27-2010, 03:12 PM
for the whoosing noise.sounds like it could be a exhaust leak.

misterbrownpants
04-27-2010, 03:16 PM
As far as the PSSSSS sound, you might have an exhaust leak.

And as for the shifting, check that your clutch pedal is fully disengaging the clutch. It might need to be adjusted. Or like above poster said, maybe time to change transmission oil.

chiboy002
04-27-2010, 10:32 PM
1. Correct. And/or your forks/rails, so to speak, inside the transmission need to be adjusted. And/or you need to change the oil. There could be debris in there.

2. Best solution to this would be to disassemble and reassemble to system of vacuum lines.

i shall do both then! it seems ur very informative and extremely polite, shit goes well with me man
for the whoosing noise.sounds like it could be a exhaust leak.
thats what i've been told as well as vacuum lines, i got a new exhaust so we should see what happns
As far as the PSSSSS sound, you might have an exhaust leak.

And as for the shifting, check that your clutch pedal is fully disengaging the clutch. It might need to be adjusted. Or like above poster said, maybe time to change transmission oil.
i know its fully disengaged cause the "pick up" point isnt till a little past a 1/8th of the way down, as far as tranny oil. the engine oil was black as night when i bought it so its prolly even darker in the trans oil