PDA

View Full Version : Headlight mishap, Need help.

KeiStarr
04-24-2010, 01:21 AM
Okay so I messed up admitting you have a problem is the first step, my driver side headlight was out so I disconnected it. I left the positive and negative wires exposed. Needless to say they bumped and caused my passenger headlight to go out. I assumed and hoped it was just a fuse I popped but it was not. Tried testing the relays, they were doing their jobs correctly, and obviously no power was going to the headlight wires now. Maybe there is something I'm not catching or cannot think of that one of you guys might know or can suggest. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

felton local
04-24-2010, 01:51 AM
i literally just had the same problem. everything works normal and fine except my lights dont turn on. i have no power to the fuse's in the passenger side fuse box. i wired a power wire directly to on side of each fuse for the time being. i think i have to unwind the harness going into that box and find the problem wire's. i would like to know if there is a better fix too though. but for ow you can try that.

supreme_1
04-24-2010, 02:02 AM
could you have possibly fried your headlight switch?i coulda sworn the fuse is inbetween tho. if you have a spare try it out.

KeiStarr
04-24-2010, 08:16 AM
I'll have to hit up the junk yard tomorrow then and grab a new switch. Which powers did you tap into for the fuse? Doing this allowed you to continue to use the switch. Hmmm, if thats the case and it does work I didnt fry the switch.

earlysummer84
04-24-2010, 08:23 AM
here's my suggestion: Bring it to the manufaturer for repairing or maintaining.