PDA

View Full Version : A fly got into my Instument cluster...

Bill Roberts
07-03-2003, 06:58 PM
....the other day...now he is dead in there. Anyone know what crevis I can seal off to keep this from happening again? He is now lodged in the corner of the digital clock.

Looks like A S S!!!!, now I got to take the damn cluster apart......

He was in the left corner until I took a real sharp turn to the left slinging him where he is now stuck!

Damn it is distracting.

240Driver39
07-03-2003, 07:34 PM
SAME THING HAPPENED TO ME! haha, damn bug, i figured id get it sometime when i was in there for some reason, or maybe he'd just disentigrate into dust after a while haha

Bill Roberts
07-03-2003, 07:49 PM
He flew around in there for a while...I actually tried a few times to swat him with the tach needle (hehe) but he died...and left some specs inside as well...flySh!t..

I will find the crevis and silicone it up....someone must know how they get in there...)help!):) :^

Damnit...damn damn..

transient
07-03-2003, 09:51 PM
Hehe, I know it's a pain, but that's some funny **** :)

Bbandit
07-03-2003, 10:28 PM
LMAO!!
omg this is the first time i heard this kind of problem
a fly in the speedometer.. damn that sucks
but funny at the same time..
:D

SilviaDriver
07-03-2003, 10:32 PM
i got a lil bug fly behind the plastic cover of the gauge cluster..its juss rolls around wheni turn dunno how the **** it got in there tho

Warwick5s
07-03-2003, 10:44 PM
i just had my cluster off, so i'll tell you how it got in there.

there are two bulb holes on the edge of both sides of the cluster. nissan glued a little foil thing on the back but if your cars are like mine, the glue has dried up and the foil fell off, leaving a big hole in the back of the cluster.

as for WHY a fly would be crawling around in the underside of your dash...you'd have to ask the fly ;)

btw getting the cluster and shiz out isn't that bad. the only thing that's a PITA is getting that black surround piece out (the one with the switches and vents.) i couldn't figure out an easy way to do it and had to resort to lots of squeezing and almost breaking it. have fun ;)

Bill Roberts
07-03-2003, 10:52 PM
Thanks for the info Warwick5s!

Silicone time when I get the chance.

I wonder how many others have this happening??

Great info!

(Btw, The fly said, he thought looking at the needles swinging violently was a turn on and wanted to watch)

Too bad.. the way out cost him his demise..

radhaz
07-04-2003, 12:13 AM
That's gotta suck but I have to admit it was a funny read http://smilies.crowd9.com/contrib/blackeye/lol.gif thanks.

theronin
07-04-2003, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by SilviaDriver
i got a lil bug fly behind the plastic cover of the gauge cluster..its juss rolls around wheni turn dunno how the **** it got in there tho

i got that same frickin bug Silvia! he slides back and forth whenever i turn... anyone got a quick writeup on how to get to the speedo? i took all the screws out on the top, but it seems to be held on in other places. hmmmm

ca18guy
07-04-2003, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by theronin
i got that same frickin bug Silvia! he slides back and forth whenever i turn... anyone got a quick writeup on how to get to the speedo? i took all the screws out on the top, but it seems to be held on in other places. hmmmm

You have to take off the plastic around the steering wheel shaft, and also the buttons that go up the sides. Just poke around for screws there pretty easy to find. Once all that crap is off its pretty easy to get the cluster out.

adey
07-04-2003, 07:18 PM
Hahaha... that's great! well, not really, but it's funny.
Like the others said, you'll have to take off part of your dash, which is a pain, but imagine how good and "clean" you'll feel when you get it out. Not too unlike taking a ****, I bet. :)

Bill Roberts
07-04-2003, 07:42 PM
Funny thing, I live like a bum, single, socks all over the house, some empty beer cans and my dogs dried food is scattered about, make my bed every 4 days or so...and this fly makes me take action.

Neatness freak I have been, I no longer give an F......unless the car has an issue!!

I Need:

One smooth lady to come down here and hang out and vibe with me, clean up some, have fun, have a 240SX to drive while at work and get a job and help us both advance to the next realm.

You cats know where I am coming from...

That fly needs attention...looking for other attention in da house actually..

TheTimanator
07-04-2003, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by theronin

Here ya go http://sr20.hybrids.jp/installations/instrument_cluster/index.html
it shows how to remove the cluster and swap the tach if your doing an SR swap into an 89-90...anyway, Good luck with that fly (and thanks for the laugh bill) :D

zero.counter
07-08-2003, 08:01 PM
Had the same prob, just removed the cluster to get him and sealed the hole behind the cluster after fixin the clock