PDA

View Full Version : New iPhone

slamburger
04-21-2010, 12:21 PM
I looked around and was surprised that i didn't find a thread about the new iPhone. Supposedly guy lost his phone in a bar and it just so happened to be the new iPhone. I don't buy the story at all, but if it turns out that this is in fact how the new one will look i'm happy. I think it looks good and has all the new features that my 3GS doesn't have. Apple haters lets not get to crazy with the whole "PC vs. Apple" stuff....discuss.

Here's the link to Gizmodo's site.
This Is Apple's Next iPhone - Iphone 4 - Gizmodo (http://gizmodo.com/5520164/this-is-apples-next-iphone?skyline=true&s=i)

sickstatus
04-21-2010, 12:27 PM
lol i made a thread yesterday but i put it in the wrong section. =p

Slammed Assassin
04-21-2010, 12:28 PM
i still like the roundness on the back of the 3gs

!Zar!
04-21-2010, 12:47 PM
I like the squareness and the look of the new one a lot. I'm definitely buying this once it is available.

BustedS13
04-21-2010, 12:49 PM
new one looks a lot better. but there are so many innovative phones coming soon and on the market right now. it's kind of hard to care

ILoveMyRHS13
04-21-2010, 12:52 PM
I like the squareness and the look of the new one a lot. I'm definitely buying this once it is available.
I agree 100%.

I'm looking at buying a new phone anyway.

I'm just kind of scared to see the price tag...

slamburger
04-21-2010, 12:55 PM
I don't care about the price tag...I'm getting this.

Slammed Assassin
04-21-2010, 01:04 PM
i hope it has super fast internet. 3gs isnt that bad but could always be better.

MTalon
04-21-2010, 01:04 PM
they have been true to their cost with the past iphones at 200-300 dollar range with a new contract or upgrade.. not bad at all.

slamburger
04-21-2010, 01:11 PM
If it comes out this year like everyone is saying i can't upgrade :( I'll sell my 3GS and pay the rest. To me the battery life is worth it, with heavy use i can kill my 3GS easy. I really don't care what other phones are out, to me no one can touch Apple's touch screen. The droid and Nexus are good but still fall short from Apple.

MTalon
04-21-2010, 01:30 PM
is there any hard date on when its coming out?

lflkajfj12123
04-21-2010, 01:34 PM
nope just expect the new iphone to be released around june/july

this ISNT the new iPhone its just a prototype

expect there to be changes made especially with this leak

D.Adams
04-21-2010, 01:38 PM
this phone is shit - thats all i got to say

MTalon
04-21-2010, 01:43 PM
this Iphone is the shit - thats all i got to say

i agree.....

lflkajfj12123
04-21-2010, 01:43 PM
and why do you say that?

lawrenceyang
04-21-2010, 01:44 PM
phone looks dope. too bad im on verizon =p

speed_racerx
04-21-2010, 01:44 PM
this phone is the shit - thats all i got to say

fixed for you
edit: damn a sec too late. lol

lflkajfj12123
04-21-2010, 01:48 PM
phone looks dope. too bad im on verizon =p

this phone may be released for verizon also

K_style
04-21-2010, 01:55 PM
I am so~ getting rid of my old a$$ unlocked iPhone for this !!!
unlocked = very not recommended !

BustedS13
04-21-2010, 01:58 PM
I am so~ getting rid of my old a$$ unlocked iPhone for this !!!
unlocked = very not recommended !

you sound like Apple's core demographic :)

pignose4life
04-21-2010, 02:02 PM
this thing looks really chill i want one
to me it seems like apple did it on purpose to get some user feedback before they release it.

TheWolf
04-21-2010, 02:16 PM
I predict this is a fake... and is nothing more than a marketing ploy. Trojan horse style. Imagine how scared other phone companies are... the video confrencing feature is gonna need some carrier love.. along with someone else who has one..

lflkajfj12123
04-21-2010, 02:17 PM
this thing looks really chill i want one
to me it seems like apple did it on purpose to get some user feedback before they release it.

nope that couldn't be further from the truth

lflkajfj12123
04-21-2010, 02:18 PM
I predict this is a fake... and is nothing more than a marketing ploy. Trojan horse style. Imagine how scared other phone companies are... the video confrencing feature is gonna need some carrier love.. along with someone else who has one..

apple requested the prototype back with a formal letter

so fake :ghey:

wh0aitznic0
04-21-2010, 02:20 PM
LOVE the iPhone, but hate that there's no QWERTY.

TheWolf
04-21-2010, 02:32 PM
apple requested the prototype back with a formal letter

so fake :ghey:

Yes a fake out by apple. Like they setup the magazines/blogs/news. Apple said they want their property back. Not their "new unreleased iphone 4" back. The trojan horse.. have an apple employee plant the device in a popular hang out knowing it would be discovered and then published on the interwebs. All to generate hype reguarding some future mythical apple device during the launch of the Droid Incredible. IE. "Why would I buy this when apple is coming out with all this right around the corner". In reality it will be probably august/sept till we see a refresh of iphone due to ipad. Like releasing the new phone before actually releasing the new phone. It's all still speculation if it's just a one off prototype or a real production phone. Whether it's either, they got alot of press about a phone that walked into a bar.

franklin93zx
04-21-2010, 02:41 PM
It looks like the second gen nano (black or white ones) Had sex with a Iphone and this was the result... Looks awkward IMO

!Zar!
04-21-2010, 02:43 PM
Once you learn how to touch type, you don't need to have a physical keyboard. I got use to it.

drift freaq
04-21-2010, 02:49 PM
In reality it will be probably august/sept till we see a refresh of iphone due to ipad. Like releasing the new phone before actually releasing the new phone. It's all still speculation if it's just a one off prototype or a real production phone. Whether it's either, they got alot of press about a phone that walked into a bar.

Actually no, expect a new Iphone with the release of 4.0 software which is slated for late June. That also coincides with the ATT exclusive contract ending. So it makes perfect sense.

Oh and like others have said Apple never drops a leak. They want sales of the previous gen to run right up to when the new stuff comes out.

Oh and Apple always gets a lot of press even from the haters.

S14DB
04-21-2010, 03:08 PM
Yes a fake out by apple. Like they setup the magazines/blogs/news. Apple said they want their property back. Not their "new unreleased iphone 4" back. The trojan horse.. have an apple employee plant the device in a popular hang out knowing it would be discovered and then published on the interwebs. All to generate hype reguarding some future mythical apple device during the launch of the Droid Incredible. IE. "Why would I buy this when apple is coming out with all this right around the corner". In reality it will be probably august/sept till we see a refresh of iphone due to ipad. Like releasing the new phone before actually releasing the new phone. It's all still speculation if it's just a one off prototype or a real production phone. Whether it's either, they got alot of press about a phone that walked into a bar.

Apple has a tight grip on their IP releases. They have stated in the past that these type of leaks hurt them. Now demand for the 3G is going in the shitter. Anyone that wants a iphone is going to wait for this thing to come out.

WISH ONE
04-21-2010, 03:08 PM
Isnt there an Apple headquarters somewhere out there anyway? like California city or something i wouldnt doubt if this was true and some drunk employee dropped it in the local bar.

S14DB
04-21-2010, 03:41 PM
Isnt there an Apple headquarters somewhere out there anyway? like California city or something i wouldnt doubt if this was true and some drunk employee dropped it in the local bar.

RTFA, Says the bar is down the road from Apple.

lflkajfj12123
04-21-2010, 04:06 PM

BLAH BLAH BLAH FUCKING BLAH

you've got to be kidding me

you really think apple would leak a preview of their new iphone when they're still currently selling iphone 3gs's

this is a total kill for their sales

plus apple has been known for the last 10 years to be super fucking secretive about everything

why would they go and break that now? there is no benefit to it

you crazy g

slamburger
04-21-2010, 04:11 PM
Once you learn how to touch type, you don't need to have a physical keyboard. I got use to it.Yup, fuck real keys! like i said no one's touch can compare to apple's.

this phone is shit - thats all i got to sayplease elaborate...

you sound like Apple's core demographic :)how does him wanting to get rid of an old phone for the updated version fit any demographic? Doesnt everyone want new stuff?

slamburger
04-21-2010, 04:19 PM
Oh and 4.0 is gonna be so sick!!! App folders!!!!

SimpleS14
04-21-2010, 04:41 PM
The phone looks nice, but I want bit since there are so many options that will be out by the time I renew my contract.

As for the story on how the phone got lost, it's very believeable but I think Gizmodo went to far to post the actual employee's name (and orginally his address).

how does him wanting to get rid of an old phone for the updated version fit any demographic? Doesnt everyone want new stuff?

He's referring to him wanting a locked phone tied to a locked down ecosystem that Apple is pushing.

ONYX S-13
04-21-2010, 06:42 PM
I heard about this from a friend yesterday and just laughed.. I cannot see Steve Jobs approving of a "plan" of this sort just build up hype and diminish the sales of his current phone.

Jobs does not tolerate nothing less than perfection in all of his products and his staff. The person who either stole this or was very negligent with this phone/prototype can expect to not have a Job and to be taken to court. Jobs is crazy cut throat like that.

I like his products and the way they LOOK. I abhor working on them and I hate how apple is almost a monopoly because they use very little outside vendors/manufacturers to where if you pay an elaborate price for a product that's eye candy but the parts are so expensive because they are the only ones that makes stuff for them (they can price things how much they want and their customers are stuck with the bill or don't buy apple).

It's almost like the Ferrari of the computer world. They are flashy and have the "look at me" feel to them. Yet there is ZERO aftermarket support for the DIY'er that doesn't feel like being forced to take their car's to dealerships just to get oil changes and get charged an arm and a leg for something simple. OIL IS OIL. A hard drive is a HARD DRIVE!

From strictly business it's kind of smart (he forces his fans to uy only his parts at his prices0. IMO though they would make a lot more money if they didn't make their products so "exclusive". Microsoft is bigger because it works towards the masses (something like 86% of the worlds comps run Bill's software) which to me, is the smartest business plan.

I'm just not a fan of Jobs. Too cocky/arrogant for me. (end rant).

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/upzKj-1HaKw&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/upzKj-1HaKw&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/KhjVidOFqBo&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KhjVidOFqBo&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

godrifttoday
04-22-2010, 02:34 AM
Public Relations at is finnest...

slamburger
04-22-2010, 12:24 PM
But the phone is cool as hell...

!Zar!
04-22-2010, 03:39 PM
Everyone talks about how they can't do anything to the iphone and all that.
But how many Android users are actually writing programs and doing whatever it is that everyone keeps talking about the iphone for.

I use to be all hyped against it. Then I got one and unlocked it. Messed around with doing different things for it, but that got old real quick.

My iphone doesn't even have games. I simply just want a phone to make phone calls, store contacts, have competent web browsing, MMS/SMS, and not be bloody slow at doing it.

The current iphone does that decently, and I'd expect the new gen one to do that better.

If another company comes out with a phone that blasts it away, then I'll pick on up. Swapping sims is a breeze.