PDA

View Full Version : car over heating even tho.....

s13love-green
04-20-2010, 08:38 PM
IGNORE THIS ADD LOOK FOR , COOLENT BLEEDER SCREW SNAPPED!!!!!!ok so my car over heated on me a week a go i replaced the t-stat
still over heated i noticed it was leaking by the water pump so i replaced that too, after that i took it out went to my girls, on my way back it started to heat up again...? wtf?
so i drove it again today and it heated up and my radiator was smoking some wat, is my radiator bad or is it somthing else,
my car has a fan but no fan shroud also no stock fans in front of rad
but my car has been like that for a few months and didnt heat up idk if that could be it? i need your people knowledge to i can drive again please help
wat can it be, maybe some one has been thru the same thing:trogdor:

slider2828
04-20-2010, 09:03 PM
what fans do you have, did you bleed the radiator correctly... Also did you change your radiator cap?

s13love-green
04-20-2010, 09:07 PM
what fans do you have, did you bleed the radiator correctly... Also did you change your radiator cap?
i got to change the cap?
and if i didnt bleed it right could that be it????
seems like the coolent is not recycling or somthing
sorry a bit of newbee wit cars im still learning lol

s13love-green
04-20-2010, 09:10 PM
oh and its only that fan that connects to water pump

BoostSlideWayz
04-20-2010, 09:22 PM
your water jackets might be clogged.... my ka24e was like that when i took the head off.. the water jackets had a thick layer of calcium and other build up that literally only left like a few holes open.. but thats only an idea. it seems like youve done everything to solve the usual problem.

s13love-green
04-20-2010, 09:27 PM
your water jackets might be clogged.... my ka24e was like that when i took the head off.. the water jackets had a thick layer of calcium and other build up that literally only left like a few holes open.. but thats only an idea. it seems like youve done everything to solve the usual problem.
oooo do u know the process on how to fix that???
mine is a ka24de dohc, urs a soch?

s13love-green
04-20-2010, 09:42 PM
i did some research right now and i think its cuz i did not beed the coolent right
this is were i saw it
240sx overheating - Automotive Message Forums (http://www.automotivehelper.com/topic180485.htm)
can any one agree thats it so i can start to get on it?????
if it is ill re do it and hope thats it
thanks

dawagarage
04-20-2010, 10:00 PM
yeah man, @ least one 240 guy a week runs into this problem. the usual source of the problem is incorrect bleeding.

s13love-green
04-20-2010, 10:08 PM
yeah man, @ least one 240 guy a week runs into this problem. the usual source of the problem is incorrect bleeding.
coo thanks man i hope thats it cuz im broke lol

mbmbmb23
04-21-2010, 01:16 AM
Yeah man, make sure your thermostat actually opens before you consider it done bleeding. You might have to let it idle for like 10-15mins before it opens. Get a gravity feed funnel tool to bleed it, my buddy has one that screws onto your rad cap threads...you fill it up with fluid.... and you can see it burp air out when the thermo opens.

s13love-green
04-21-2010, 12:54 PM
Yeah man, make sure your thermostat actually opens before you consider it done bleeding. You might have to let it idle for like 10-15mins before it opens. Get a gravity feed funnel tool to bleed it, my buddy has one that screws onto your rad cap threads...you fill it up with fluid.... and you can see it burp air out when the thermo opens.
yeah i know i put the car up and reved a bit to let it warm up but wen i wanted to loosen up the bleeder bolt it snaped on me . fuck !
so now i got fix that first i over tighten it lol stupid me, but that how u learn lol

shinobis13hb
04-21-2010, 01:05 PM
yea dude just bleed your system .. there should be a bleeder bolt on your intake manifold next to your rad hose.. just dont do it while its hot.

Slidin' Sam
04-21-2010, 07:28 PM
Bleed the system. If that doesn't work, do a pressure test. Check for leaks. Your radiator could be clogged. You can take your radiator out and hook a pressure washer up to it and try and push anything/everything through/out. Then re-install, and bleed the system again. MOST likely you have an air pocket in your cooling system somewhere that needs to be bled out.

Question: How is your headgasket...what does your engine oil look like?

dawagarage
04-22-2010, 10:11 AM
another common way to 'bleed' your system is park your car on a steep incline, w/ your front end facing upwards, or jack your front end up. this supposedly gets the entrapped air flowing in the correct direction.

s13love-green
04-22-2010, 11:02 AM
another common way to 'bleed' your system is park your car on a steep incline, w/ your front end facing upwards, or jack your front end up. this supposedly gets the entrapped air flowing in the correct direction.
lol thats wat i was going to do , its more easy lol

S-Nation S13
04-22-2010, 11:05 AM
i was just about to say bleed system try hittin you engine while you bleed it helping any air bubbles find its way out

s13love-green
04-22-2010, 11:07 AM
yea dude just bleed your system .. there should be a bleeder bolt on your intake manifold next to your rad hose.. just dont do it while its hot.
oh check my other help add i said i tried to take it of and it snapped
so my bleeder screw is snapped

Slidin' Sam
04-22-2010, 08:28 PM
you don't need the bleeder screw, just take the radiator cap off and let it run, have a good sized funnel sit on the radiator (so that fluid can go into the radiator and air can bubble it's way out). After all the air has been evacuated fromt he system you should be good.

s13love-green
04-22-2010, 09:58 PM
you don't need the bleeder screw, just take the radiator cap off and let it run, have a good sized funnel sit on the radiator (so that fluid can go into the radiator and air can bubble it's way out). After all the air has been evacuated fromt he system you should be good.
ooo ok so let the car do that till it dont to that no more????
im guessing once that stops its good to go???
thanks alot man