PDA

View Full Version : Sonic Motors Budgets Seat Group Buy

BracedEunos
04-20-2010, 11:12 AM
*Update 3.21.2010* I spoke with Karl today. I feel much better about what happened and how Karl resolved the issue with me. He was fair and understanding and satisfied my need for resolution. Although it doesn't erase me waiting 9 or maybe 10 months for my product I feel good about how Sonic Motors went about their resolve for the situation described below. Being that this is probably a outlying incident, I will probably do business with them again.

Well, Here is the story as brief as I can be.

I was on board for Round 2 or 3. I don't even remember because it was so long ago. Ended up paying about $770 for a pair of Full Carbon Fiber VS3 seats, this is back in July of 2009.

Roll forward to this month, April 2010. Count em, that is 9 MONTHS, nearly ONE YEAR and i have not received my seats. In that time i have been more than patient. In between those 9 months I have sent dozens and dozens of E-mails and messages. More times than I can count I have been delayed. Apparently when my seats were supposed to come in the manufacturer made the wrong set. Karl and the folks at Sonic Motor passed the blame/buck onto their manufacturer saying it was their fault. Really, I don't care what manufacturer they use, they need to be responsible for their product. It was apparent they don't communicate well with their manufacturer.

The latest disappointment came when my seats were supposed to be on board with round 5 which was supposed to come in March 31st. He said they were going to ship them on the 15th and I still have not heard any word.

All I was offered for compensation for the time issues was $40 sent to me. I literally think that if I invested in the $770 in the first place I could have easily made at least $200 out of it through investment tactics.

I am sure that other folks have received their seats promptly and everything was perfect. In my case that is the opposite. I do have family in California that have passed the local BAR that I will be contacting for legal action if I don't hear a very quick resolution that satisfies me from Karl. Keep in mind I have not even received the seats yet to give them a review of their quality or shipment

-Tony

WISH ONE
04-20-2010, 12:21 PM
I picked up a seat from Sonic in person and didnt have a very satisfying/professional experience at all.
The guys seem cool and decent on the forum,
However in person was completely different story.
No hello, how are you, welcome to sonic, goodbye, not even a hand shake, nothing at all, what I got was some shy monotone voiced individual with shaggy hair that left me and my buddy in the waiting lobby for 20 minutes without any help.
I hope you get your situation resolved and best of luck.

FusionR240sx
04-20-2010, 01:01 PM
you still havn't gotten them?
i'm waiting for round 4 seats.
says they'll be here on the 15th of april and sent out to us after that.
he just messaged me the other day saying he's e-mailing the ppl making them.

dOMEmE
04-20-2010, 07:52 PM
damn...ive never had a problem with them...but then again maybe its because im local and always pick my shit up.

Teddy
04-20-2010, 10:32 PM
Sonic motor isn't some "grimey"-ass shop. Sonic motor has always been MORE than legit with all the stuff I've bought over there, and their staff has always been excellent.

zilvia_brothers
04-20-2010, 11:01 PM
Karl from sonic motoring has been very helpful to me. And i havent had any problems. Whenever ive had a problem with my HID he was always helping me out

s14canyoncity
04-20-2010, 11:14 PM
Sonic motor isn't some "grimey"-ass shop. Sonic motor has always been MORE than legit with all the stuff I've bought over there, and their staff has always been excellent.

Same here, always received good parts/service from them.

WISH ONE
04-21-2010, 12:30 AM
Seemed like a really nice/legit place they have a nice facility and products, but youd think for the size of the place and the appearance they wouldd have some seasoned professional sales staff, seems like a bunch of kids or friends working there. It doesnt look like a "grimey hackjob shop at all" thats what threw me off. I guess I just expected more.

Zachsta
04-21-2010, 12:44 AM
I've always had amazing service from Sonic Motors. Everyone there is friendly, gets me the part I need. Sorry to your having a hard-time with this.

roboticnissan
04-21-2010, 01:05 AM
i know some of these guys personally they are a bunch of kids pretty much and just a bunch of friend that work there. with that being said they are still a legit shop making a huge contribution to the drifting community in so cal for sure. even if karl has scruffy hair haha. sorry to hear your having problems tho and i would assume that if they can not get you your seats they will give you a full refund no questions asked

foreverdark
04-21-2010, 01:43 AM
I have always had a good experience with SonicMotor. I have even owned 2 of their budget seats. Sorry about your problem your having but why don't you just cancel the order and get your money back?

nieko
04-21-2010, 02:58 AM
Always super legit with me too... thats weird =\ sorry to hear bro, hope everything gets resolved.

Drift N Dragg
04-21-2010, 08:40 AM
This is a Review Section, Not a Debate on Whether or Not Sonic Motors is Legit or not. This is not a Topic of disscussion or a Arguement Thread.

Sonic Motor's Will not Post in this Thread, Because once again, this is a Review Thread.

UNLESS you are Giving a REVIEW of Sonic Motors, DO NOT POST IN HERE.

nixapgt
04-21-2010, 01:56 PM
Issue resolved today. Good luck to the op. Hope everything works out.

LifePlazaCircuit
04-21-2010, 02:04 PM
I've purchased a set of hids and a bucket seat from sonic motor.. had no problems. I'm satisfied with the products and will be going back. When I walked in to pickup my things I was greeted and the environment was professional. I'm sorry you're having problems with your orders I'm sure they will make things right. Best of luck with things.

rb25_s13*CHUKI
04-21-2010, 02:29 PM
anybody that has had good experience with sonic motor and is here vouching for them is a 626 drift supporter.....

Its a different story if you arent part of the boy band...........

Most are gonna be part of the band. with that said. I however am not. but
sonic motors has been good to me when I buy parts as well as some of my other friends.

The monotone bushy hair guy u just gotta talk to the man and he'll talk back. I'm actually going there today to but another H.I.D kit. hopefully you get this taken care of tho!

RedRedWine
04-21-2010, 02:53 PM
My issue was resolved today hopefully everything gets worked out for the others with issues.

BracedEunos
04-21-2010, 05:44 PM
*Update 3.21.2010*

I spoke with Karl today. Turns out he only works every other day so he did not get my phone message, E-mail/PM and review post till today. I feel much better about what happened and how Karl resolved the issue with me. He was fair and understanding and satisfied my need for resolution. Although it doesn't erase me waiting 9 or maybe 10 months for my product I feel good about how Sonic Motors went about their resolve for the situation Being that this is probably a outlying incident, I will probably do business with them again. Now I can only hope that the actual seats I ordered came in.

WISH ONE
04-21-2010, 05:46 PM
^^Samesies, Thanks Karl!

DUFFM4N
04-21-2010, 06:35 PM
anybody that has had good experience with sonic motor and is here vouching for them is a 626 drift supporter.....

Its a different story if you arent part of the boy band...........

626 drift supporters or not, customers are customers regardless...so your "whitty" attempt at trying to make a point has failed yet again

..with that being said...I've gotten HID kits and a few other parts from jackson and karl over at Sonic, and have had nothing but positive experiences from them, i have also almost purchased seats from them as well...but even for someone local, the wait time was going to be long.

I think a lot of people dont understand that just because a company gets the wrong product shipped to them by their manufacturer, that doesnt mean that they "dont communicate at all with them at all"...human error is something we deal with everyday, even when it comes to business...it SHOULDNT happen as often, but it does...

Kouki_monstr
04-21-2010, 07:28 PM
I didnt bother to read everyones response, but i would like to say the 1 and only time ive delt with Sonic motors, it was a good experience. I purchased a set of HIDs and the ballast was bad. He sent me a new one and trusted that i would send the old one back, helped me out a lot so i wasnt without a headlight for awhile. Sorry your having such a hard time.

Rolo7
04-21-2010, 09:29 PM
Every company is not perfect and errors will happen. Sonic is legit and karl is a cool guy who gets it done. I purchased hid's and whole steering set up from sonics and karl had everything ready for me with no problems. These guys are legit and i trust their products on my 240 because they are not shady like other sellers. :wavey:

FaLKoN240
04-21-2010, 09:40 PM
I had a good experience.

CrazyRob
04-28-2010, 02:51 AM
sonic motor is legit. ive never had an issue with their parts or their customer service. the o.p.'s problem is totally out of character for sonic motors biz ethics but these things tend to happen from time to time. i buy many products from sonic motor and they are 2legit2quit.

BracedEunos
05-13-2010, 05:56 PM
The is incredible! They shipped me the wrong seats. I asked and bought Full Carbon Fiber seats. They send me Carbon Kevlar. I am about to explode.

On a positive note they were shipped quick from when they came in. They did not have a flaw on them.

Seriously, is this happening? I am not looking forward to calling Karl.

Pics to come.

BracedEunos
05-13-2010, 06:12 PM
http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l237/Tonysfester/DSCF6705.jpg
http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l237/Tonysfester/DSCF6706.jpg
http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l237/Tonysfester/DSCF6707.jpg

Jayteezzy
05-13-2010, 07:23 PM
haha dang that sucks bro
I bought plenty of stuff from there and picked up and also had stuff shipped to my place and always been on time and fast shipping :)