PDA

View Full Version : Car Show Time!!

Dream240
07-02-2003, 11:06 AM
I'm entering a car show this month for the first time, and I don't know hwat to expect. One thing I need to know is what to use to shine up the engine bay. I know armor all will work, but I don't have a pressure hose to clean the gunk off every nook, so is there somethign you can use for cleaning and at the same time shining up the bay?

Also, if there's any pointers for that extra edge it would be helpful. Don't worry, I'm in New Mexico so there's no way I'm gonna use them against any of you!!
The categories are best paint and striping, best rims, best engine, best interior, and best of show.
One thing I'm wondering is, can an unmodified interior still win if it's clean as hell and shines like your mom's white ***! I've never heard of this standing a chance, but my cars interior is all stock but very clean...
Also, I'm planning on getting more red under the hood, by way of wires, some red car paint in certain places, and so on...what do they judge by, the mods, the look, or the general taste of the engine bay.

Any tips or pointers would be greatly appreciated.

S13CRAVE
07-02-2003, 05:56 PM
i'm not really a show guy, but for anything that is aluminum you can make it shine like crazy with Mother's Aluminum Polish. Used it on my friend's intake and it shines like new.

-Ian

DudeYourSoOOJDM
07-03-2003, 12:36 AM
I'd rather be hearing about you putting on some new tires for the track...but ur a show guy and to each his own. Oven cleaner works....just dont leave it on too long.....it'll eat ur paint.

Dream240
07-03-2003, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by Hypersh1ft240
I'd rather be hearing about you putting on some new tires for the track...but ur a show guy and to each his own. Oven cleaner works....just dont leave it on too long.....it'll eat ur paint.

Well, I would go to a track if I knew of one around here. Oven cleaner? What do I apply it to, the body? I'm just looking to shine up the engine bay, you know the hoses, wires, etc. Is oven cleaner good for that?

DudeYourSoOOJDM
07-03-2003, 12:02 PM
no dont use it on hoses and stuff like that. Use it on the actual painted surface of the engine bay.