PDA

View Full Version : HTC evo

S14_Kouki
04-09-2010, 06:25 PM
So zilvia we have another awesome phone coming out soon. HTC Evo. The first 4G network, 8 megapix, huge screen, ect ect ect. It sounds super awesome.

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g269/pandadrifter/sprint_htc_evo.jpg

Discuss

wh0aitznic0
04-09-2010, 09:56 PM
iPhone > this.

ronmcdon
04-09-2010, 10:07 PM
I'm not too crazy about Sprint tbh.
think by the end of the year,
pretty much all carriers will have 4g
(well maybe not 'good-for-nothing' at&t).

the next i-phone should also be 4g compatible & probably not limited at&t.
A 4g i-phone offered officially via T-mobile might be the best thing (if it happens).

After using the Driod for about a month & also the iphone for over a year,
I'm inclined to say I prefer the iphone as well.

drift freaq
04-10-2010, 01:09 AM

A 4g i-phone offered officially via T-mobile might be the best thing (if it happens).

ditto the above statements. except I used a Mytouch and G1 for a good year and a half. Android has nothing on the Iphone.

S14_Kouki
04-10-2010, 02:36 AM
Yes I agree with everyone iPhones are awesome. I'm actully using it to post this. Just looking to see what ppl think about the new evo. All my friends that are into phones, computers, ect are saying the evo is going to be super sweet. I would look to see the iPhone open to t-mobile with 4g.

FusionR240sx
04-10-2010, 02:42 AM
can iphones zoom with their cameras yet?
j/w?
sold my iphone cuz it wasn't worth paying att 100bux a month.
when i can do much more and save myself $30 a month by having sprint.

i will be getting this 720p snapdragon 1ghz beast when it's out.
only thing i don't like is the 4.3" screen...
3.5" woulda been fine..
fones huge.

marveezee
04-10-2010, 05:51 AM
Yea, okay, Iphone has cool apps and talk and surf net at the same time, but it's provided by the worst cell phone carriers (though there is news of it coming to verizon?) and more than likely, other carriers will do the same.

I, for one, am excited for this phone. 4g network is the now thing, and people always want the now. Besides, I'm pretty sure people are just fine with 3g network, it's the actual company your with. ( and yea soon everyone will be 4g) Sprint and Verizon have the best coverage, service and plans. Iphone is limited to T-Mobile and At&T, which everyone knows are the worst everything, but it's surely compensated with the production of many CDMA (sim card) phones. Which, imo, in turn, you pay that compensation with having ridiculous bills.

A Verizon friend told an Iphone friend "man with my phone, I can at least, clearly, hear you cutt off." lol

As far the EVO goes, for a phone that has great reception, service, and plan, AND I know it's worth my money, yea, I can't wait for it to come out.

Baka Sama
04-10-2010, 06:18 AM
I'm waiting for all the new phones to come out this summer but the EVO is high on my list. I think the only real downfall for me is that I wish it would have waited for windows phone 7. For me the new interface is much better than android and this would have been a perfect phone to use it on.

Im liking that its on sprint and wondering if it will be on the 69.99 unlimited plan too. But I guess we will have to wait and see. If not theres always hope the new CDMA Iphone will be on Sprint and not just Verizon.

kandyflip445
04-10-2010, 08:41 AM
Rooted Droid>Jailbroken Iphone

lol

I like the android phones. I honestly think the Iphone is a good device but I just don't like the majority of Iphone users with the "apple is better for everything" attitude. Kinda ruins it for me for some reason. lol

The Evo should be a cool phone.

nismo 240sx
04-10-2010, 10:11 AM
the evo is the same base as the hd2 by tmoblie except its andriod...by summer all of La county is going to be 4g...so if your in la county phone should be stupid fast. and as far as the iphone am pretty sure is going to become a world phone so every one will be abel to use it. just like the black berrys with cdma gsm network.

Strider
04-10-2010, 12:32 PM
iPhone > this.

Have you even seen the stats of the Evo 4G compared to the iPhone? It has the iPhone beat hands down.

ILoveMyRHS13
04-10-2010, 12:34 PM
Why the hell can't AT&T get cool phones? I don't want an iPhone but I want something with an Android OS. I guess it's time to switch to Verizon...

Strider
04-10-2010, 12:36 PM

Not true. Sprint is the only network in the US with a functioning 4G network. All other networks plan on rolling out a small percentage by late 2011 early 2012. Currently Sprint has already rolled out over 60% of its WiMax(4G) services.

Strider
04-10-2010, 12:41 PM
the evo is the same base as the hd2 by tmoblie except its andriod...by summer all of La county is going to be 4g...so if your in la county phone should be stupid fast. and as far as the iphone am pretty sure is going to become a world phone so every one will be abel to use it. just like the black berrys with cdma gsm network.

I noticed your in Pomona. What's really cool is there rolling out 4G in San Diego as we speak and Los Angeles is being rolled out in small areas of L.A but a permanent full out roll out won't happen till summer. Since we're both basically some what smack in the middle we'll get the benefit being able to jump areas for better downloads speeds since were basically in the middle of LA and SD. =)

hockeyrules
04-10-2010, 12:42 PM
This looks just like the HTC HD2, had an unlocked Iphone for 2 years, I loved it but it isn't worth having it on at&t. These HTC actually look like there going to be nice and decent quality...compared to the old ones.

BoostSlideWayz
04-10-2010, 12:51 PM
i absolutely hate it when you get the latest phone and you think you got the best of the best and then this comes out.. i just got the HTC droid for verizon.. its a really great phone.. im sure this one will be awesome

Strider
04-10-2010, 12:53 PM
I wouldn't be to mad if I were you. The Droid is the best phone on Verizon right now in my opinion and a great phone overall. Unless you were wanting to switch to Sprint to take advantage of video conferencing and stuff I would just stick with your Droid.

drift freaq
04-10-2010, 01:29 PM
Ah you know what. I don't like Sprint. Verizon is expensive. I have no problems with T-Mobile the Phone that was posted is basic a HD2 which is already available on T-Mobile and its Win MO phone. Which is even worse than Android.

I have had Android for over a year and half and its glitchy. It has nothing to do with the carrier its the OS. Oh and people have reported the same things with the faster Nexus one.

I have also run HTC phones, Motorola phones, Samsung phones Nokia phones. HTC is not bad but not great either.

I have a friend that runs a Iphone on T-Mobile and loves it even without using 3G. Oh and T-Mobiles 3G has been growing in leaps and bounds and is full 7.2 speeds.
Also the Frequencies they purchased from the government for their 3G and future 4G are uncluttered bandwith. Its actually previously unlicensed airwaves so it means they will not reach a congestion point nearly as quickly.

Now I happy with my carrier and its customer service. So I am not looking to change carriers for the sake of a phone. I think that is all of you should be looking it at.
I would not go to ATT for an Iphone but I will bring an Iphone to T-Mobile.

P.S. I should not have to Root my phone to get it to perform properly either. Fuck this fractured shit that needs to be fixed by the end user.

That's Microsoft PC crap all over again. Google=New Microsoft.

kyoru
04-10-2010, 02:29 PM
looks good but...I think the software could use tweaking and updating to contend

wh0aitznic0
04-10-2010, 05:47 PM
Have you even seen the stats of the Evo 4G compared to the iPhone? It has the iPhone beat hands down.

On paper, so do the dozens of other "iPhone clones" that came out after the original iPhone release.

"It's got so0o0o many advantages over the iPhone, but I'd still rather have an iPhone."

R_G
04-10-2010, 06:18 PM
It sucks that the evo is only going to run android. I personally don't like the way android copy spb mobile shell.

Strider
04-10-2010, 06:18 PM
On paper, so do the dozens of other "iPhone clones" that came out after the original iPhone release.

"It's got so0o0o many advantages over the iPhone, but I'd still rather have an iPhone."

^I'm not exactly sure which iPhone clones you're talking about. I'll be honest with you though, there have been quite a few phones that have been trumpeted up and down the street as the iPhone killer but none have come close. For those who follow technology waves closely they could tell you that they knew none of them spec wise was that relevant. This phone however, is a lot different then all those other phones you could name. Coming out with the new Android, 1ghz processor, video conferencing, 5mp cam, multitasking etc and to top it off on a 4G network that is as fast as some people cables modems at home. I really don't see how the iPhone can actually compete this time.

SimpleS14
04-10-2010, 06:34 PM
i absolutely hate it when you get the latest phone and you think you got the best of the best and then this comes out.. i just got the HTC droid for verizon.. its a really great phone.. im sure this one will be awesome

That's technology for you, and FYI....Droid is made by Motorola.

Future240
04-10-2010, 06:38 PM
Specs seems awesome, but I am cautious since it's an HTC. I've never met a user of their phones that hasn't had some major issue.

!Zar!
04-10-2010, 07:03 PM
Iphone is the best phone that does more than being a phone.

/debate

kandyflip445
04-10-2010, 11:57 PM
P.S. I should not have to Root my phone to get it to perform properly either. Fuck this fractured shit that needs to be fixed by the end user.

That's Microsoft PC crap all over again. Google=New Microsoft.

I actually never had any glitches with my Droid before rooting. I went from 2.0.1 to 2.1 OTA update. Then I went back to 2.0.1 to root the phone just so I could overclock the phone and have wifi tether along with a smoked glass theme. lol

What problems exactly do you have with Android that you think is glitchy?

I sell cell phones and I've seen a fair share of issues with the Iphone. Especially with the latest release of firmware. People are having a hard time right now with random reboots on 3G and 3GS devices. Others I know have problems with the phone locking up. Just like any other phone I've ever had. RIM devices included.

From using my Droid the OS has been solid but some apps that are developed by 3rd parties are not so polished. Which really has sadly become the state of today's software. A lot of games now have patches ready for them THE DAY THEY'RE RELEASED. Just because they rushed it to the store to meet a deadline or for whatever reason. Now I don't do any programming or claim to know what it takes but I expect to have something that works when I buy it, just like you do. I haven't had any problems with the OS itself and am curious as to what problems you've had/have.

I think the Evo will be a cool device. But lets face the fact that the Iphone WAS a groundbreaking phone and the Evo I don't think will live up to that standard but will be an excellent phone.

Comparing the 3GS PHONE to the Evo, yes the Evo is a better device in terms of specs/hardware. The Iphone just has a big following and people like the interface and are used to it. So much that they will hold out for the next gen device that Apple releases, which I hope is soon because the current model is going to get outpaced quick IMO.

drift freaq
04-11-2010, 12:13 AM
I actually never had any glitches with my Droid before rooting. I went from 2.0.1 to 2.1 OTA update. Then I went back to 2.0.1 to root the phone just so I could overclock the phone and have wifi tether along with a smoked glass theme. lol

What problems exactly do you have with Android that you think is glitchy?

I sell cell phones and I've seen a fair share of issues with the Iphone. Especially with the latest release of firmware. People are having a hard time right now with random reboots on 3G and 3GS devices. Others I know have problems with the phone locking up. Just like any other phone I've ever had. RIM devices included.

From using my Droid the OS has been solid but some apps that are developed by 3rd parties are not so polished. Which really has sadly become the state of today's software. A lot of games now have patches ready for them THE DAY THEY'RE RELEASED. Just because they rushed it to the store to meet a deadline or for whatever reason. Now I don't do any programming or claim to know what it takes but I expect to have something that works when I buy it, just like you do. I haven't had any problems with the OS itself and am curious as to what problems you've had/have.

I think the Evo will be a cool device. But lets face the fact that the Iphone WAS a groundbreaking phone and the Evo I don't think will live up to that standard but will be an excellent phone.

Comparing the 3GS PHONE to the Evo, yes the Evo is a better device in terms of specs/hardware. The Iphone just has a big following and people like the interface and are used to it. So much that they will hold out for the next gen device that Apple releases, which I hope is soon because the current model is going to get outpaced quick IMO.

Quite common problems that a popular reviewer had happen on his Nexus One as well. Stuff like Android system messages asking you to quite or wait. Black screens when you change pages. Android system messages popping up when you have an incoming call.

The minute you click wait or close it locks the up the phone for like 20 seconds and dumps the call and takes it offline. It comes back but it bails the call in the process.

I know a lot of people using Iphone's here in California and no one I know has reported any problems with them. They just work.

Like I said earlier part of the problem with Google is the fractured system of different levels of operating systems. Not being completely across the board equal like they claimed it would be.
Google is not as open in that sense. Otherwise I would have 2.0 on my phone, without having to Root it to get it.

LOL and people complain about the Iphone being closed up tight.

You have a droid that shipped with 2.0 and they upgraded you to 2.1 I am still stuck with 1.6 and no one has made any indications of giving us 2.0 or 2.1 . Instead they brought out the Nexus One.

That's bullshit in the customer service department and a big fail on Google's part. They try and blame it on the manufacturers of the phones and go say Nexus One is how Android is supposed to be. LOL

fail again. Plus like I said before its documented on the net as well. I did my research on this because I wanted to know.

Like I said earlier and its probably why your phone works fine. You rooted it.

Everyone that Roots their Android phone winds up with a streamlined OS that has been corrected by the Cynogen or one of the other OS hackers.
Stock Android OS though? Glitch ridden pile of shit.

When Apple does a OS upgrade its across the board to all generations. Not only that but you don't have to root a Iphone to have it work well.

Oh and Apple is bringing the 4th generation Iphone out in June/July. Which will have multitasking as well.

Wait didn't I already state that earlier in this thread? Or did you just not read it?

Anyways there it is. Oh and I really do not like the Droid its a very bulky phone.

Strider
04-11-2010, 01:43 AM
wow, a lot of speculation put into this post and I really didnt' know where to begin but I'll break it up in parts so I hit every point.

Quite common problems that a popular reviewer had happen on his Nexus One as well. Stuff like Android system messages asking you to quite or wait. Black screens when you change pages. Android system messages popping up when you have an incoming call.

The minute you click wait or close it locks the up the phone for like 20 seconds and dumps the call and takes it offline. It comes back but it bails the call in the process.

I know a lot of people using Iphone's here in California and no one I know has reported any problems with them. They just work.

True, Android has had its fair share of problems but that is expected especially of any products that is still relatively as new as it is. When the iPhone first came out it was plagued with problems too. But when you say you know a lot of California users and no one has a problem it makes me wonder what your defintion is of "a lot?" Because I know quite a few who have some problems whether it major or minor issues. But I don't claim my experiences to be representative of the whole Apple experience.

Like I said earlier part of the problem with Google is the fractured system of different levels of operating systems. Not being completely across the board equal like they claimed it would be.
Google is not as open in that sense. Otherwise I would have 2.0 on my phone, without having to Root it to get it.

Google actually addressed this fact at CTIA last week. I'll address it below and with a link.

LOL and people complain about the Iphone being closed up tight.

I believe the complaints people are making about the iPhone being 'closed tight,' are referring to Apple's refusal to open there OS and limit third party developers kits on there phone. Hell, just recently they put more restrictions in clause 3.3.1 of the new iPhone SDK terms of use (http://www.engadget.com/2010/04/08/apples-iphone-lockdown-apps-must-be-written-in-one-of-three-la/). "The new wording disallows developers to use third party, cross platform development tools (like Flash CS5) to build their apps..."

That's why people complain about Apple being 'closed up tight." just so you know.

more on iPhone SDK rules: Steve Jobs responds directly to developer over new iPhone SDK rules, cites blog for explanation -- Engadget (http://www.engadget.com/2010/04/10/steve-jobs-responds-to-complaint-about-new-development-tool-rest/)

You have a droid that shipped with 2.0 and they upgraded you to 2.1 I am still stuck with 1.6 and no one has made any indications of giving us 2.0 or 2.1 . Instead they brought out the Nexus One.

That's bullshit in the customer service department and a big fail on Google's part. They try and blame it on the manufacturers of the phones and go say Nexus One is how Android is supposed to be. LOL

fail again. Plus like I said before its documented on the net as well. I did my research on this because I wanted to know.

This despite what you believe and there was actually an interesting article about this on BoyGenius and the Wallstreet Journal about how this is actually not Google's fault. The manufacturers and carriers are in charge of dispersing the OS as they deem fit. So if both party's want to wait they have that right unfortunately. Unlike Apple and AT&T they didn't sign a contract that gives them control over the little things like that. But Google addressed this problem at CTIA last week and to overcome this fragmentation the OS is going to broken up into components like Google Maps for example which you could download on your own from the Google App store thus circumventing this whole fiasco. All this will start with Froyo up to Gingerbread.

More info: Exclusive: Android Froyo to take a serious shot at stemming platform fragmentation (http://www.engadget.com/2010/03/29/exclusive-android-froyo-to-take-a-serious-shot-at-stemming-plat/)

Like I said earlier and its probably why your phone works fine. You rooted it.

Everyone that Roots their Android phone winds up with a streamlined OS that has been corrected by the Cynogen or one of the other OS hackers.
Stock Android OS though? Glitch ridden pile of shit.

Everybody does something to there phone to make it better. You seem to forget that tons of iPhone users have jailbroken there phone just to get features or get things running smoothly as well. Again, your point the finger at Google as if Apple doesn't have these same problems.

When Apple does a OS upgrade its across the board to all generations. Not only that but you don't have to root a Iphone to have it work well.

Again, Apple has the luxury of having an exclusive contract with AT&T which allows them to control almost every aspect of the phone which a company like Google doesn't have the benefit of having.

Oh and Apple is bringing the 4th generation Iphone out in June/July. Which will have multitasking as well.

I'm actually glad Apple is brining out the iPhone with features that most users agree should have been on the original phone. Palm Pre, Moment, Droid and a plethora of other phones came out last year and the year before with multitasking but I'm glad Apple has finally decided to upgrade their phone so it has this feature stock.

Future240
04-11-2010, 02:38 AM
I agree with the point about the jailbroken iPhones. I love my iPhone, but I would never want one that is just stock. The functionality I've gotten from jailbreaking is great. Apple should have included this stuff but didn't. I think all OS wil have issues. IPhones have one where the zoom zooms in too close and you have to tap it with three fingers to get it right. The second day I had mine it would not play sound out of the speakers untill I restarted it.

All these phones are great/buggy in someway.

drift freaq
04-13-2010, 12:23 PM
wow, a lot of speculation put into this post and I really didnt' know where to begin but I'll break it up in parts so I hit every point.

True, Android has had its fair share of problems but that is expected especially of any products that is still relatively as new as it is. When the iPhone first came out it was plagued with problems too. But when you say you know a lot of California users and no one has a problem it makes me wonder what your defintion is of "a lot?" Because I know quite a few who have some problems whether it major or minor issues. But I don't claim my experiences to be representative of the whole Apple experience.

Google actually addressed this fact at CTIA last week. I'll address it below and with a link.

I believe the complaints people are making about the iPhone being 'closed tight,' are referring to Apple's refusal to open there OS and limit third party developers kits on there phone. Hell, just recently they put more restrictions in clause 3.3.1 of the new iPhone SDK terms of use (http://www.engadget.com/2010/04/08/apples-iphone-lockdown-apps-must-be-written-in-one-of-three-la/). "The new wording disallows developers to use third party, cross platform development tools (like Flash CS5) to build their apps..."

That's why people complain about Apple being 'closed up tight." just so you know.

more on iPhone SDK rules: Steve Jobs responds directly to developer over new iPhone SDK rules, cites blog for explanation -- Engadget (http://www.engadget.com/2010/04/10/steve-jobs-responds-to-complaint-about-new-development-tool-rest/)

This despite what you believe and there was actually an interesting article about this on BoyGenius and the Wallstreet Journal about how this is actually not Google's fault. The manufacturers and carriers are in charge of dispersing the OS as they deem fit. So if both party's want to wait they have that right unfortunately. Unlike Apple and AT&T they didn't sign a contract that gives them control over the little things like that. But Google addressed this problem at CTIA last week and to overcome this fragmentation the OS is going to broken up into components like Google Maps for example which you could download on your own from the Google App store thus circumventing this whole fiasco. All this will start with Froyo up to Gingerbread.

More info: Exclusive: Android Froyo to take a serious shot at stemming platform fragmentation (http://www.engadget.com/2010/03/29/exclusive-android-froyo-to-take-a-serious-shot-at-stemming-plat/)

Everybody does something to there phone to make it better. You seem to forget that tons of iPhone users have jailbroken there phone just to get features or get things running smoothly as well. Again, your point the finger at Google as if Apple doesn't have these same problems.

Again, Apple has the luxury of having an exclusive contract with AT&T which allows them to control almost every aspect of the phone which a company like Google doesn't have the benefit of having.

I'm actually glad Apple is brining out the iPhone with features that most users agree should have been on the original phone. Palm Pre, Moment, Droid and a plethora of other phones came out last year and the year before with multitasking but I'm glad Apple has finally decided to upgrade their phone so it has this feature stock.

No speculation. Observed facts. I won't deny the Iphone had problems when it first came out. They were worked out rather quickly though. Most of them were addressed by Apple in the first 6 months. I don't claim to be representative of the whole Apple experience.

You are trying to put words in my mouth with that comment.

All I did state is I know quite a lot of Iphone user's here in California and they are not having any problems. Stop trying to twist my words.

Its been almost 2 years since Google brought out Android though. The glitches I speak of are still present in 2.1 and like I pointed out are even reviewed and documented on the Net.

As far as people complaining about Apple being closed , yes some developers have whined but a lot of non developers all over the net who are either Android heads or Microsofties have whined as well.

You are not educating me on stuff I have already studied up on. So your " just so you now" comment is rather antagonistic, but I will avoid rising to it beyond this statement.

As far as Google's mismanagement of the OS and blaming it on the carriers or the handsets. I call bullshit on that. That is an excuse to cover they fact they fucked up on controlling the issue from the get go.

Now they are trying to address because so many people like I made a big deal about it.

As far as people Jailbreaking their phones people will do what they do because some want to tweak shit.

It does not mean the majority of Iphone users are having or feeling the need to Jailbreak their phone to make it run better.

Saying everyone does is a broad assumption on your part! If not a poorly educated guess on your part.

In fact they don't have to. Something you do have to do with Android. Again not speculation fact and first hand experience.

You claim that Apples ability to keep things pretty much in line is because of their exclusivity contract with ATT. Completely ignores the fact that out side the U.S. the Iphone is sold in many countries not under a complete exclusive license.

It really has nothing to do with the ATT contract. The ATT contract was done for the sake of marketing safety in the beginning.
Bring a new Cell phone product to market sign a exclusive contract with a big player to insure sales. Once sales are achieved open it up to other carriers.

This model has been followed for years in the U.S. by Nokia, Sony Ericcson, Motorola, Samsung etc... Nothing new here and it has nothing to do with the OS on the phones .

You assume it does. You are entitled to your opinion. I know it does not.

As far as the multitasking goes, Android does a poor job of handling it in my opinion and it actually is annoying. If they got it right that would be one thing.
Maybe they will.

At that point Apple will already have it.

The Palm Pre is not worth discussing in this debate because its a failed platform, WebOS is great but no one is really using it.

Android has the potential to be great but like I said before at this point its half baked.

Apple's control over content and their OS has actually delivered a very pleasant easy to use system with a lot of high quality apps.

All you seem to be trying to do here is say Apple sucks and Android is great.

It reminds me of DOS and Windows users from years ago. Always hating on the MAC and its OS . All the while I would turn my computer on and it would work. It would do what I needed it do with no hassle.

Oh you will probably hate because I own a Mac. LOL

Its the same here with the Iphone VS Android. The Iphone just works right now. Android is annoying right now.
Not the future, not the past NOW!

I have stated what I have learned from studying the issue's. I have stated my conclusions. No speculation, just learned information.

I am done here because there is nothing more to say.

DALAZ_68
04-13-2010, 12:38 PM
cool phone...no QWERTY...auto fail...lol

!Zar!
04-13-2010, 12:42 PM
Typing without qwerty is a breeze for me.

I will say this, why are all the web designers and businesses supporting the iphone over any android based phone?

drift freaq
04-13-2010, 12:50 PM
I will say this and then I am not going to post in this thread anymore.

I do not hear Apple Iphone users saying Android sucks.

I do hear Android users saying Iphone's suck.

In the end I am Android phone owner and user. It sucks.

Its just a crack up that Android users and Win Mo users tend to rip on the Iphone but Iphone users just use their phones and are happy.

End discussion.

DALAZ_68
04-13-2010, 01:01 PM
all i hear is Iphone users bashing...well...everything...but different crowds cause different arguments... agree to disagree on that one...

but to me...any phone without QWERTY is fail...lol... fuck ur touch screen, fuck ur onscreen tap sound...i can never get used to it...ESPECIALLY while inibreated...lol i can type with my eyes closed with my HTC 6800 (or any qwerty phone for that matter)...lol...last time i tried doing that with my buddies phone it wasnt possible...lol

Strider
04-13-2010, 01:07 PM
Typing without qwerty is a breeze for me.

I will say this, why are all the web designers and businesses supporting the iphone over any android based phone?

Well that's a no brainer and the answer is obvious. The iPhone at the current moment has a larger base. Designing applications for the iPhone is till more profitable than any other OS. Until the Android OS has a larger percentage of the market, I doubt we will see a massive exodus to Android.

By the way, people speculate Google will have a larger market share by 2012 at its current rate.

!Zar!
04-13-2010, 01:21 PM
People also speculate that the world is going to end in 2012.

Honestly, I could care less which is better. I'm not bound to any one phone.

But to me, an iphone is like sharecropping. Sure, it isn't all that perfect, but I can't go without it.

Strider
04-13-2010, 01:30 PM
I'm not bound to any phone either. I just go with the phones with the best hardware and software and in my opinion right now the hardware on the Evo beats the current iPhone. I guess we'll have to just wait for the next iPhone to drop this summer to see how the two phones stack up against each other.

1990 sr hatch
05-01-2012, 03:13 AM
sr powered droid ftw

apex
05-01-2012, 03:33 AM
WOW bumped a 2 year old thread to say that FAIL!! not even gunna say anytihng bout
where u from haha

Enna
05-01-2012, 06:49 AM
Lol figures.