PDA

View Full Version : s13 spoiler holes

chiboy002
04-05-2010, 09:55 PM
ok guys, honestly i did my research. googled this a bunch of times and cant find shit. even went on nico and didnt find shit either. i know this is a common question and im sorry but ---

My hatch holes are fucked. they were bondo'd like shit and i just pushed em out. i have either opted to fiberglass - kitten hair or MIG weld sheet metal under neath... now here is the issue

how good is the fiber glass?

how the fuck do i get to the holes on my hatch. the "frame" of it or w.e is in the way of 2 larger holes, how would i spot weld sheet metal from there?

if any one with experience with this could please help me...

2_slow_40
04-05-2010, 10:11 PM
LIES LIES AND MORE LIES!!!! You OBVIOUSELY didn't search. Here, try this. http://zilvia.net/f/search.php All you gotta do is type in "hatch holes". There you go, not so hard, was it???

chiboy002
04-05-2010, 11:30 PM
LIES LIES AND MORE LIES!!!! You OBVIOUSELY didn't search. Here, try this. http://zilvia.net/f/search.php All you gotta do is type in "hatch holes". There you go, not so hard, was it???

clearly you dont know shit, or i was searching wrong terms because i googled and also searched here "spoiler delete" "spoiler holes" "welding spoiler holes" "s13 hatch spoiler holes weld" "how to weld the holes on stock spoiler" "spoiler weld" and all other combinations. i did it when i posted the thread, and at school. i remember seeing a good write up, but i cant find it anymore

projectRDM
04-06-2010, 09:45 PM
Obviously you want to weld. It doesn't require a writeup either, cut some small sheetmetal, hold from underneath with a screwdriver or something to keep pressure on it, weld a bead around the hole, fill the area with weld, grind, bondo, prime, paint. You can reach all the holes from underneath if you use a long handled tool.

I agree, you didn't search, nor did you use common sense.

03redTuscani
04-07-2010, 03:31 AM
Wow, of all my years over on my Tiburon forum, flaming people for not searching, or sucking at searching, you have to rank up there with those n00bs.

Also, if you have intent on welding it yourself, and you didn't have the sense on how to do it, you clearly have no skill in welding and it would be a disaster.

Don't fiberglass it. Fiberglassing is meant for use on other fiberglass, not metal. Use traditional bondo to finish it off.

chiboy002
04-07-2010, 12:03 PM
Don't fiberglass it. Fiberglassing is meant for use on other fiberglass, not metal. Use traditional bondo to finish it off.

alright, my autos teacher told me to just fibre glass it

Obviously you want to weld. It doesn't require a writeup either, cut some small sheetmetal, hold from underneath with a screwdriver or something to keep pressure on it, weld a bead around the hole, fill the area with weld, grind, bondo, prime, paint. You can reach all the holes from underneath if you use a long handled tool.

I agree, you didn't search, nor did you use common sense.

the holes are pretty far back, i didnt think it was that easy. also, welding would be the proper way to do so, other than a new batch. i wanted a write up so i can read about the heat dissipation and how to get it from warping other than using low currents and thin wire. you were wrong :fawkd: