PDA

View Full Version : s13 sr wont start HELPP!!!

anfitch2k5
04-03-2010, 10:22 PM
okay so let me tell you as much as i can cause this is getting freakin annoying..
i have a 95 240, s13 black top sr20. since summer is coming around i decided to put my AC belt back on, so i took off the power steering belt, put the ac belt back on, put the PS belt back on and tighted everything up, or so i thought. the bolt thats behind the PS pulley that you have to line up the hole in the pulley to loosen the bolt, well i left that one loose and went to start the car. rookie mistake. so of course the motor turned over untill the pulley caught on that bolt. so it cranked, caught and drained real fast, at first i thought my battery didnt have the voltage to crank it, so i got a jump box, hooked it up and tried again, it put so much stress on the motor trying to turn it via starter and my ground strap started smoking and got uber hot. so the motor was searching for a ground. so i realized that bolt was out and tighted it back up and now my car will crank all day long and not start whatsoever. started checkin fuses, fuel, spark, pulled the valve cover off, checked timing marks everything is in working order. i replaced the CAS and same thing. i have 740 injectors, z32 maf and a rom tune.. well i put my factory ecu, injectors and maf back in and its doing the same thing, BUT if i clamp off the fuel supply line, crank the car and hold it at wide up throttle, let it crank for about 15 rotations then it starts acting like it wants to start, at the time someone under the hood is backin off the fuel supply clamp releasing some fuel into the line again, it starts up. have to keep it at wot or it will die, but even at wot its only around 1500 rpm. let off the gas, and dies and wont restart. fuel pressure is normal. and its gettin plenty of spark. so ive tried 2 z32 mafs, all stock maf,inj,ecu.2 cas'. new plugs, new fuel filter. ALL 4 injectors are firing at the same time, that cant be right can it?
maybe some sort of sensor got fried? or ecu was fried? i just dont know where to go from here! anyyyy input/ideas would help! if your reading this, post your ideas please guys. help help help!
thanks in advance!!

anfitch2k5
04-06-2010, 08:02 PM
35 views and no input? :( still searching for answers guys

anfitch2k5
04-10-2010, 03:54 PM
ive had a lot of help from zilvia before but im just still in the dark about this.
what kinda sensor would make it run like this? compression is good.
i dont know wht to do next. someone help me out. this is my last bump! lol

army240
04-10-2010, 10:06 PM
Hey!

First of all, it's normal that your injectors fire at the same time when starting the engine. It's in Simultaneous Mode. After it is started, it goes in Sequential mode. The only time that the ECU will be in Simultaneous mode after start-up will be when it's in Fail-Safe Mode. All that info is in the FSM.

When you say that your fuel pressure is good, can you hear the fuel pump prime with key on? And when you crank the engine, does it still stays at a good reading?

Also, check up all fuses and relays... the current went pretty high when the starter was trying to turn a stuck engine!

Frank

anfitch2k5
04-11-2010, 09:09 AM
yeah i can hear fuel pump come on, and pressure is good the whole time im crankin and while its running all shitty. all fuses and relays are good, i was atleast expecting to blow some fuses or something but i cannot find anything wrong. im glad the injector thing is normal. my next thing i think is going to be some wiring inspections my harness looks like shit, the worst wire job ever was done on it, so i was thinkin to get a new one from enjuku premade for me car for 300 and if that doesnt fix it atleast my engine bay would be cleaner lol. thanks for the info tho frank!

steve shadows
04-11-2010, 03:31 PM
Its really hard to read your posts when they are written like that (like one big run on sentence).

I suggest loosening the CAS bolts while you are trying to crank

First make sure you have good fuelpressure, good fuel pump, some spark and also good new nice spark plugs.

Also make sure you are not fouling your plugs with bad injector o-rings.

Also if you are using larger fuel injectors make sure your EMS or your ECU is properly tuned or configured to work with the larger injectors otherwise you will just keep fouling stuff.

Back to the CAS!!!!

Now try starting the car and have a friend randomly moving the CAS along it's range of movement from one end extreme to the other to see if you can get it to catch and fire.

A common issue lately is the CAS is just dead or skewed or screwed up and even if it's punched properly in the head it's messed up and will not give you the right starting timing.

anfitch2k5
04-11-2010, 08:43 PM
yeah my ecu was tuned for the 740's and it had ran on that setup for more then a few months.

so i put everything back to stock, like another ecu and stock injectors and stock maf.

and also i have tried two differnt CAS. both of them ive tried adjusting while cranking.

im convinced its a wiring issue but idk lol. its definently over fueling.

tha240star
04-14-2010, 10:33 PM
i had the same problem with my cas sensor, it became unaligned by like 1 tooth