PDA

View Full Version : My adventure at pep boys

Johny5
06-27-2003, 09:21 AM
Me and my friends always like to go see some of the wierd and crazy stuff these guys think up. Light-up headrest "shox" bwahahha, or "APC Edition" badges (I'm actually going to buy one of these soon I think).

But this is not your typical flame post.

For the first time I saw some cool stuff. They had metric adapters for my oil pressure gauge, that was nice to see. They also had 3a Racing seats that were identical to recaro SRD's :eek: of course they were blue but if they were black with no company name on them then that would be nice because if anything broke you could bitch at 3a/pep boys not some ebay seller.

Then I hit the domestic section. To my delight I find that they sell hayden oil and transmission coolers ALONG with oil relocation kits. I'm actually thinking about buying this $44 oil relocation and giving it a try. I mean hell, what could go wrong right?

So who elses pep boys has some pretty decent stuff? Don't be shy, you know you go look.

Dousan_PG
06-27-2003, 09:23 AM
ive been eyeing those oil cooler kits for soem time
at least the fittings
i got a z32tt oil cooler waiting to go on, im just lazy to do it

im getting some under body neons soon
serious.

id say go for the relocation kit!

dont pay 300 bucks for a JdM tYtE yO one.
that's for suckas

Johny5
06-27-2003, 09:25 AM
What worries me though the most is domestic/metric threads. I guess I'll be the guinea pig on this one though and steal my friends $44 :D

old_s13
06-27-2003, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by Johny5
For the first time I saw some cool stuff. They had metric adapters for my oil pressure gauge, that was nice to see. They also had 3a Racing seats that were identical to recaro SRD's :eek: of course they were blue but if they were black with no company name on them then that would be nice because if anything broke you could bitch at 3a/pep boys not some ebay seller.

Do me a favor, quit being stupid. Anything made by APC simply cannot be compared to anything quality, let alone RECARO. FACK man, do me the favor and dont even mention these two companies in the same message.. it really angers me.

How the hell can you even say such a thing? Just be quiet. I always ask myself on forums like this, is it too much to just NOT say anything? Instead, we get people asking questions like "how do I made my S13 look like a Skyline." My answer? How do I make my first permanently attach to your [email protected][email protected]#%@!#

DAMNIT! Mess up my entire morning right after I ate my cereal. Dont you guys have anything good to say! :) We need an enforcer.. someone who is just evil and yells at someone. And for chrissake, someone take out these stupid curse-filters.. since when is a-ss a bad word? Since when is pi-ss a bad word? Christ.

Johny5
06-27-2003, 10:32 AM
Damn who ****ed in your cheerios captain jackass? First off, I'd never buy the damn seats. I think its actually pretty funny they make them in the first place. I was simply commenting on them. I guess a Larry Law such as yourself just can't stand people commenting on OPEN MESSAGE BOARDS. Do you know what that means smart guy? Because last time I checked I can say whatever the hell I want to.

method2833
06-27-2003, 11:04 AM
last time i went to pep boys was for some wipers, when i first got my s13 and i was gonna browse to see what they had and as soon as i saw a rusty apc catback on display i turned around and speed walked out like i stole something, this was in febuary and i've never been back

nisho
06-27-2003, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by old_s13
Do me a favor, quit being stupid. Anything made by APC simply cannot be compared to anything quality, let alone RECARO. FACK man, do me the favor and dont even mention these two companies in the same message.. it really angers me.

How the hell can you even say such a thing? Just be quiet. I always ask myself on forums like this, is it too much to just NOT say anything? Instead, we get people asking questions like "how do I made my S13 look like a Skyline." My answer? How do I make my first permanently attach to your [email protected][email protected]#%@!#

DAMNIT! Mess up my entire morning right after I ate my cereal. Dont you guys have anything good to say! :) We need an enforcer.. someone who is just evil and yells at someone. And for chrissake, someone take out these stupid curse-filters.. since when is a-ss a bad word? Since when is pi-ss a bad word? Christ.

dude are you f*cking stupid... all he is saying is that they kinda have some cool stuff.. and you are flaming out about brand names in the same sentence.. i get sick of all the "JDM ONLY" hoes with stock cars..

hooter
06-27-2003, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by nisho
dude are you f*cking stupid... all he is saying is that they kinda have some cool stuff.. and you are flaming out about brand names in the same sentence.. i get sick of all the "JDM ONLY" hoes with stock cars..

Please bear with Old_S13. He is a very angry man...Hulk beware!

Actually, he was kinda kidding in his post (notice the smiley face). its just hard to show sarcasm on the internet since a lot of it has to do with speaking tone. Mike is about as non-jdm as you can get.

-Charlie

WhiteNissanS13
06-27-2003, 12:49 PM
i saw something one time, its a kit where you can connect a chandalier(is that how you spell it?) to your dome light, adds a fancy touch.:hammer:

Dousan_PG
06-27-2003, 12:57 PM
tell me where i can get that, and you'll find it in my car shortly after :)

pruto
06-27-2003, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by old_s13
We need an enforcer.. someone who is just evil and yells at someone.

we got Dousan and James, i don't think we need anymore evil on this board. :p

so mike, when did you start actively posting (and patrolling) on zilvia?

hooter
06-27-2003, 02:00 PM
I think he's just bummed out cause he scared away all the newbies on sr20.hybrids.jp. No one to yell at anymore.

-Charlie

sykikchimp
06-27-2003, 02:16 PM
Because last time I checked I can say whatever the hell I want to.

umm,, correction, you can say whatever I feel like not deleting. This is a private msg board that you agree to the terms of, to post on. :whip:

While posting that your a closet pep-boys lover isn't against the rules (albeit funny as sh1et :rofl: ), calling people names is.

:bow:

Sky13
06-28-2003, 04:36 PM

Then I hit the domestic section. To my delight I find that they sell hayden oil and transmission coolers ALONG with oil relocation kits. I'm actually thinking about buying this $44 oil relocation and giving it a try. I mean hell, what could go wrong right?

your oil could all leak out and your engine could blow up. :doh:

scandalcat1
06-28-2003, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by sykikchimp
While posting that your a closet pep-boys lover isn't against the rules (albeit funny as sh1et :rofl: ), calling people names is.

:bow:
you might want to take a dose of your own medicine. look at what you said. the "closet" comment is a reference to a certain lifestyle. some may take that a different way than you meant.

btw, pep-boys supplies many basics for people besides APC stuff and all that customization. like engine oils, additives, D.I.Y. bodywork paraphenalia, OEM replacement parts, NGK IRIDIUM SPARK PLUGS, 300ZX rebuilt TT Calipers and master cylinders, engine hoists, carpeting, sound dampening supplies, oil filters (K&N), Lucas products (above additives), jacks jackstands truck lift kits, tailgates, etc. too much to list.

boro240
06-28-2003, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by scandalcat1
you might want to take a dose of your own medicine. look at what you said. the "closet" comment is a reference to a certain lifestyle. some may take that a different way than you meant.
what? closet as in hes HIDING IT and DOESNT WANT TO ADMIT it, thus..."in the closet". if someone takes it differently its their own fault. you shouldnt have to worry about everyone feelings before posting something. oh crap! maybe i offended the people who have no fingers, and cant post.

scandalcat1
06-28-2003, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by boro240
what? closet as in hes HIDING IT and DOESNT WANT TO ADMIT it, thus..."in the closet". if someone takes it differently its their own fault. you shouldnt have to worry about everyone feelings before posting something. oh crap! maybe i offended the people who have no fingers, and cant post.

the thread actually refers to pep boys, since they have no locations in hawaii it would seem irrelevant for you to post, maybe past visits to the store in the states...possibly?

sounds like you are worrying yourself about others as well, judging by the response and tone of your argument. even sarcasm is up for discussion. BTW, when else has anyone used the closet reference for anything other than where it originated?
yeah, 10 years ago i came out of the closet about my liking of pinot grigio?

back to the thread point, the oil cooler kit works fine, it has a LLT warranty but is durably built. the transmission coolers are highly effective on 4x4 trucks and diesels for the most part.

Johny5
06-28-2003, 11:41 PM
Sorry for creating all this havok in this post. I had never thought about the z32 calipers being rebuilt/sold there. I'm gonna price that out next time I head up there.

krazy_racer
06-29-2003, 12:41 AM
i worked for pep boys...

...they suck....

...period.

s13rookie
06-29-2003, 12:48 AM
when i had my civic a few years ago, i had my clutch replaced there. they put my shifter on backwards, so 1,3,5 gears all ended up with me hitting my hands on the center console, but i had an important job meeting so i took the car and figured id rreturn it the next day.

next day, i went bay and explained my problem, the dude at the counter said no problem, just a few minutes, almost 3 hours later, i was paged saying my car was ready. i got in the car and all they did was rotate the shift knob, so it was facing the right way. at this point i decided i would fix it myself and not let these hacks touch another car of mine EVER. i will never deal with them again

boro240
06-29-2003, 01:07 AM
the thread actually refers to pep boys, since they have no locations in hawaii it would seem irrelevant for you to post, maybe past visits to the store in the states...possibly?
and this means im not entitled to an opinion HOW?

just because an expression is often used in a certain way (and maybe thats its origin, i really dont know), doesnt mean that he was using it in anywhere near that same context (i think it was glaringly obvious as well). people with a basic understanding of the english language should be able to discern this. i dont think it was cause for concern.

YoungRookie
06-29-2003, 09:45 AM
I think we need to stop bickering. Even tho i do like those light up led exhaust tips they are JdM TyTe yO!!:D

WhiteNissanS13
06-29-2003, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by s13rookie
when i had my civic a few years ago, i had my clutch replaced there. they put my shifter on backwards, so 1,3,5 gears all ended up with me hitting my hands on the center console, but i had an important job meeting so i took the car and figured id rreturn it the next day.

next day, i went bay and explained my problem, the dude at the counter said no problem, just a few minutes, almost 3 hours later, i was paged saying my car was ready. i got in the car and all they did was rotate the shift knob, so it was facing the right way. at this point i decided i would fix it myself and not let these hacks touch another car of mine EVER. i will never deal with them again

i would have yelled in their faces, anyone can turn a shift knob, but you retards have to take 3 hours to figure out how to do that?!:bash: :bash: and then i'd yell I LOVE KRAGEN, NAPA, and AUTOZONE F*** this company straight to hell. and exit.

transient
06-29-2003, 12:14 PM

And that has what to do with his post exactly???

BTW, when else has anyone used the closet reference for anything other than where it originated?
yeah, 10 years ago i came out of the closet about my liking of pinot grigio?

Actually, I've known that saying to be used in many different ways.

scandalcat1
06-29-2003, 03:44 PM
the rules of the forum says to send an email or pm to discuss angry thoughts or expressions of dislike in private. i will post one more time for this thread and await any further communications through the proper channel.
originally posted by boro240??
and this means im not entitled to an opinion HOW?
just because an expression is often used in a certain way (and maybe thats its origin, i really dont know), doesnt mean that he was using it in anywhere near that same context (i think it was glaringly obvious as well). people with a basic understanding of the english language should be able to discern this. i dont think it was cause for concern. basic understanding eh? that might explain frivolous lawsuits and their misinterpretated origins? more info? everyone interprets things differently from the constitution (supreme court) to the koran (the freakin [email protected]@n and other [email protected]@l militias) a good example of a non-basic understanding of the english language, "Steve Bozell of corona,ca sued the Corona library because he wanted to have a forum to explain that he was not gay which they all assumed that he was when he returned his wife's copy of The Bridges of Madison County. The librarian directed him to the gay section of the library and that made him very sad. i could elaborate in more detail but don't want any mods dissatisfied with my performance on the forum. the most popular understanding of the term, "out of the closet" as seen here:
1) (http://www.anonymousconfession.com/closet.html)
2) (http://www.advicemeant.com/personal/ask02/0503.shtml)
3) (http://www.almenconi.com/topics/tv_movie/04-02.html)
4) (http://www.oswego.edu/~gonian/archives/2002/1018/opinion/opinion2.html)
i would post more, but have grown weary.
newayz,Johny5 good topic. pepboys carries some good stuff and have good warranties. if some would come, "out of the closet" and admit they like pep boys, denial is the first sign of a problem. i made a funny!!! :drool:

P.S. boroguy, part of being american (even though you are living in a discontiguous state far away, nevertheless a beautiful part of our vast country, i still luv ya!) means we can all express opinions as long as they fall within the forum rules. so no hard feelings...:boink:

nissan slut
06-29-2003, 08:27 PM
wow some of you guys can be real homos on some issues. now stick that in yerr pipe and smooke it!

zero.counter
06-29-2003, 08:30 PM
Pep Boys is an o.k. store for the basics. They have lately been severely catering to the APC crowd however. I remember when that isle was just edelbrock equipment.

sykikchimp
06-29-2003, 10:15 PM
Quit whining ya cry baby. :cry: If you get offended by stupid crap like me saying someones comming out of the proverbial "closet" about liking pepboys, then you have some serious insecurity issues. Get over it. I didn't mean it that way, and there was no reason for you to distort it into that. :rolleyes:

s13rookie
06-29-2003, 10:41 PM
i hate pep boys, they messed up some service on on old car of mine. however, if i need something like wax, bulbs, im cool with them if it will save me a few dollars

Johny5
06-30-2003, 11:37 AM
Yeah their service might suck but thats why they will never touch my car, no one touches my car but me unless I need an alignment. My point is though, how can they mess up selling rebuilt calipers or another companies oil cooler/filter relocator etc. All I'm saying is maybe some of you who just think its a purely apc company would be surprised to see they do carry some quite useful stuff.

zero.counter
06-30-2003, 03:49 PM
My point is though, how can they mess up selling rebuilt calipers or another companies oil cooler/filter relocator etc.
Good Point, IMO;)

weirdstyles.net
06-30-2003, 06:36 PM
quoteing dude who said, i worked at pep boys...they suck

being that your probably a lazy bastard...yes, you suck.

Lets lay it out like this, if you have had a problem with manny moe or even the lovable jack and all you have managed to do is bitch and moan and complain on a MB, then its your ****. You could have easily reported to 1800 pep boys, M.A.P. (Motorist Assurance Program) or to ASE. If you took non of those steps to solve your problem, you have a very tiny leg to stand on...and your wearing no shoe. I worked at Pep Boys and probably will be back there within a week. Lemme break it down kids....

1) All Mechanics, Technicians and, Master Tech.s are different people and all make mistakes. If you can show me 1, not two but 1, garage that has never and will never make a mistake, I will remove my testicals and promptly feed them to my dog. Every garage is going to make mistakes, that is just how it goes. And when you have hundreds of stores in all of the continental US of A, then yes, you are going to have a few more mistakes than Joe's Garge on Main St.

2) Pep Boys underpays you, like every major business you will EVER work for. You dont make money by paying morons (like us) more than they deserve or require. Duh.

3) Pep Boys sells APC products. Look, we all make mistakes ok? Remember that time at your friends house, with that girl? You got reaaally drunk? See, your just like Manny and Moe. Not, Jack. He bats for the other team.

4) They actually are over priced! Its simple math, 3$ @ WalMart is better than 7$ at Pep Boys.

Yes, I defend their service dept. 72/hr service rate is NOT that bad, considering the 80+$/hr rate for small dealerships. And if they do fauk up, they will fix if or pay to have it fixed. I have seen two very happy people @ PB's efter very bad oil changes. One drove home in a 00 Sebring, cause we blew hers up....hers with the damaged front end, fauked up paint and tapping motor she "bought from her uncle for 1500" Now has spankin new 00. She likes that happens, and we will always pay out that *** you shut you up....

too long..bed time..

krazy_racer
06-30-2003, 08:40 PM
look ****er... you dont know me so you cant call me lazy or anything...

the pep boys i worked at sucked... the manager i worked under was a complete dimwit, half of the service department was somehow related to the district manager,so they really didnt get fired or nothing much happened when something was "missing" (there was only one good intaller there who knows his **** and i give major props to)

try calling 1800-pep-boys he he

and have the district manager go check stuff out... yeah allright buddy.

the assistant manager that worked under the complete idiot who shouldnt even be a manager was a brilliant person... and he worked for pep boys for over 20 years and never had one shot at management...
what does that tell you about the company???

when i asked him why didnt he get a break, he told me because oftentimes, the dimwits are at the right place at the right time... of course he never dissed the manager or anything... that guy showed a lot of respect to his superiors but i am personally angry he didnt get a break.

i dont really care about APC being sold because business is business ($$ talks)... those ricers go in there and buy the stuff.. good for them who cares... if you dont like it dont buy it...

I was never bitchin or moaning about pep boys like you posted... i just stated my opinion.

and did you know that pep boys is being sued for having employees work during their lunch break, after punching out, and not taking care of injuries?? and its not in the store i worked with... its nationwide.

i messed up my back and just wanted to have it checked out i didnt wanna sue or anything and they took 3 weeks! 3 ****in weeks to send me to one!! and thats after calling your beloved 1 800 pep boys number... Now for that you betcha i have a reason to sue them but i really dont care.. i have no permanent damage and ive moved on...

yes they suck. I wouldnt again work there and if you wanna work there go ahead but dont try to defend em like you own the place because youre not getting any compensation for kissing their *** on a message board.

zero.counter
06-30-2003, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by krazy_racer
and did you know that pep boys is being sued for having employees work during their lunch break, after punching out, and not taking care of injuries?? and its not in the store i worked with... its nationwide.

I know you guys are in a heated discussion so don't get mad if I have a correction to your statement. Not all states are required to gives employees meal breaks (rest periods) as defined by the department of labor's standards act and even OSHA. Freakin exempt, suck man (http://www.dol.gov/esa/programs/whd/state/meal.htm)
I am not starting a war, just stating a correction to the lawsuit you bring forth. my employers suck, they give the 1st shift those options but not 2nd or 3rd. (we take em anyways, haha)

krazy_racer
06-30-2003, 10:24 PM
hey man thanks for the input... i like a good discussion as long as it doesent get personal like that a-hole that called me a lazy bastard... i mean who the fuk does he think he is....

anyways.. the lawsuit was brought up by employees who were told to punch out for lunch and asked to work (for free) also employees nationwide complain that they would punch out and keep working because managers told them that if they didnt do it theyd get less hours the next period...

nissan slut
06-30-2003, 11:01 PM
um...this thread is :ghey: and should probably be moved.

weirdstyles.net
07-01-2003, 12:46 PM
I wouldnt find it proper to discuss private business with people outside the business, but yes they are being sued. I got the same notice, and it is fooked up. As far as who the hell am i? I got my finger crushed but 3 tons of steel and didnt sue, I make 7.76 as a Service Advisor and getting my a$$ handed to me on a daily basis. I know you, your every installer I have EVER worked with. That is three stores in 2 1/2 years. Everyone complains about their job, then they move to another one and complain about that on. Who am I? Im a realist, and asshole and worst of all, truthful.