PDA

View Full Version : f1 Grand Prix of Australia

HyperTek
03-28-2010, 02:13 AM
amazing race!!!! who else watched it? F1 borring? not that race, pure passing game the whole race.

JayDee M Rolly
03-28-2010, 02:29 AM
i didnt watch the race, i want to though who wants to hook it up with a racing-underground key?

also how the fuck did vettel end up down there!

HyperTek
03-28-2010, 02:35 AM
well i wont spoil it for you.. great race!

it will be up on bbc iplayer in a few hours
BBC iPlayer - Home (http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/)
you just need a UK proxy *find one on google*
use firefox and foxyproxy plug in

Agamemnon
03-28-2010, 08:44 AM
Fantastic race.
Watched it start to finish.
Lots of aggressive passing.
The english commentator cracks me up at sometimes

slider2828
03-28-2010, 10:44 AM
Damn I called it perfect time to sleep.... When Hamilton pitted after trying to chase down kubica, I said that was it.... stuff was locked....

Damn man Hamilton was BRAAAAAVVVEEEEE...... scared me just watching that guy....

drift freaq
03-28-2010, 11:23 AM
Fucking great race, one of the best in quite awhile. It was like a GP2 race, trains all over the place, tons of passing, everyone taking chances. Love having the DVR now I need slingbox so I can fly it to my computer and record a DVD of it.

slider2828
03-28-2010, 11:40 AM
I think races held on non-purpose built race tracks, like AU GP... makes the race way more fun to watch...

HyperTek
03-28-2010, 01:31 PM
^remember how borring bahrain and last years dubai race was? Those desert tracks are wack. Track design consists of soo many flat straight aways, where a cars straight away advantage pulls it away from the rest. They only have them there because those people got shitton of money... but that brown desert scenery is not very pretty either.

slider2828
03-28-2010, 02:05 PM
Totally agree... I mean Bahrain and desert tracks are soooo boring.... its basically means pole sitter is going to win, unless you left brake failure hahahaha!!!

Freddy
03-28-2010, 03:03 PM
just what the race. First BBC presentation of the race is amazing, also the safety car looks sooo sexy. Man so much passing exactly what F1 should be. Now i'm actually considering going to the Canadian grand Prix.

Oh and for the people that use Google Chrome, I use proxy switchy extension, and hypertek tips to watch the race on iplayer

Gnnr
03-28-2010, 08:16 PM
Warning: Possible spoilers ahead.

That race was nucking futz! 100x better than Bahrain. So many mini-battles being fought throughout, so much overtaking, the rain, safety car instant deploy.

Hamilton's car sure can take a beating. Hamilton was a beast on overtaking but he was really frustrated (read: bitchy) about the 2 stop strategy at the end. I think Button just made a smarter choice, which seemed like a gamble at first.

The battle between those two is great! Vettel vs. Webber also, Schumacher the oldest driver and the youngest Alguersuari battling....man, this was awesome! I love the Melbourne track.

Massa in oh-shit mode almost the whole race, everything crazy was happening around him, haha. Alonso clawing his way back up. Feel sad for Vettel. I think the Red Bull cars are running the strongest but his car seems to be plagued with reliability problems.

BTW, I think that the new no-refueling rule makes the race even more competitive because the strategy is at the beginning of the race with brake and tire conservation with the added weight and trying to handle the car better as well. And as the race goes on the cars get faster and faster because of the decreasing weight and the strategy is to go all out, its brilliant!

ManoNegra
03-29-2010, 12:14 AM
Just finished watching it a bit ago.
Awesome race, feel for Vette though.

JayDee M Rolly
03-29-2010, 01:28 PM
wow im watching it right now, just passed the part where vettel got fucked.

WTF RBR, build him a reliable car! 2 races with 2 poles and no wins because of car failure!!!

!Zar!
03-29-2010, 01:42 PM
Webber can die in a fire.

That is all.

haha

JayDee M Rolly
03-29-2010, 02:31 PM
i agree hahahaha

Gnnr
03-29-2010, 08:33 PM
Webber can die in a fire.

That is all.

haha

Are you referring to the Hamilton incident? I'm a Hamilton fan and I think that it was just a regular race incident. Overtaking like that is going to always come with that risk of the guy behind you not being able to react in time, or locking up, misjudge space, etc. Either way he would not have gotten pole position, Alonso would have kept him at bay. IMO, what screwed him up was the 2 stops.

ManoNegra
03-29-2010, 10:29 PM
Hamilton whining like a little girl - priceless!

simmode1
03-29-2010, 11:20 PM
Wow that was an exciting race! From start to finish! At first I was all hype cuz my boy Hamilton hauled ass down from 11th place to pass Button and grab 7th! And then Jensen pitted and hit Lewis with the okie doke! THAT IS WHAT I WANNA SEE FROM THAT TEAM!!!! Lewis is a bad ass driver, but Jensen hit his ass with that superior strategy and tire conservation skills! Wooo boy!:naughtyd:

I hate Vettle, so I was happy to see him stuff it... But I really like Webber and would have like to see him on the podium at his home track, but he was having such a tough day even the commentators could see that he was driving angry. His crash was inevitable at that point, IMO. Road rage + F1 = Wreck. At least the homie Hamilton was able to recovery for 6th though...

Hey... what do you guys think of Hamilton getting arrested down there before the race for burning out from stop lights on the street?! I bet his ass was street racing some crazy Aussie! Hahaha!!! I FUCKING LOVE THIS GUY!!!!:fawk:

HyperTek
03-29-2010, 11:46 PM
vettel is good but i think he is a bit borring, same with Button. Hamilton is fun to watch because hes aggressive and he has an attitude to do whatever it takes to win.. I like Webber too, hes more exciting to watch over vettel.

Gnnr
03-30-2010, 12:50 AM
From another forum

Stats are in from Clip The Apex:
Total overtakes: 32 (Bahrain was 21)
Drivers: most overtaking moves: Michael Schumacher (8), Fernando Alonso (5), Lewis Hamilton (5), Mark Webber (5)
Most times overtaken: Pedro de la Rosa (5), Felipe Massa (5), Karun Chandhok (4)

JayDee M Rolly
03-30-2010, 04:34 PM
oh yeah i forgot to add my opinion yesterday after i watched it ha.

awesome race. hamilton whining was pretty funny. ferrari looked super confused as to what to do hahaha.

still pissed about RBR Renault...Vettel had that race...

kandyflip445
03-30-2010, 10:24 PM
AWESOME race. Saw it on Sunday.

Does anyone else think Vettle just overdrives his car? Like the car isn't suited to his aggressive driving? I dunno. Just seems like that to me.

I also think it's funny how some places made it seem astonishing that Glock passed Schumacher even though it had to do more with where MSC tried to pass him at initially.

kandyflip445
03-30-2010, 10:25 PM
oh yeah i forgot to add my opinion yesterday after i watched it ha.

awesome race. hamilton whining was pretty funny. ferrari looked super confused as to what to do hahaha.

still pissed about RBR Renault...Vettel had that race...

He never had the race. He never had his car. :spank: