PDA

View Full Version : SFI Notice to Decertify Impact Racing Products

03-27-2010, 03:28 PM
LOL even Bill Simpson was buying Chinese counterfeit.

Bill Simpson’s Impact Racing products losing certification - Sprint Cup Series | NASCAR Racing News - SceneDaily.com (http://www.scenedaily.com/news/articles/sprintcupseries/Bill_Simpsons_Impact_Racing_products_losing_certif ication.html)

ZilviaKid
03-27-2010, 10:52 PM
that really sucks for anyone who just bought a new helmet or gear.

those fuckers are not cheap at all..

TheWolf
03-28-2010, 07:14 AM
Sounds like a licensing bitch when you read the article.

While I'm no fan of using chinese knock off parts in safety equipment. If HANS is charging $42 for a $8.90 clip, I could see why. Bill Simpson is the kind of guy that would buy them from the same place HANS was. Cut the middle man out. Pretty straight shooter dude. I wonder how much SFI charges for those patches?

IE if everyone is getting their stuff made in china already but was selling the licensing cert.

03-28-2010, 11:37 PM
Cut the middle man out.

Of course he was trying to cut out the middle man. If you don't have to pay SFI (stupid money I am sure) to get the patches, there is money to be had. Everyone knows that, but if you want to sell SFI stuff that is what you have to do. It's a mandatory fee to sell SFI certified products. It's why gear that is just as good without the SFI cert is always much cheaper.