PDA

View Full Version : what do you look for in a good suspension arm?

mrchomponthis
03-23-2010, 10:05 PM
what makes an arm good? tensile strengths, weld quality, filler used, certified welders, gases used while welding, quality of heims? i would love to see how well these arms fit together before being welding. pbm i believe shows a video. or does it only matter how beefy they look lol

dato
03-23-2010, 10:23 PM
Who ever has the best advertising and uses aurora heim joints

Renelovesnike
03-23-2010, 10:29 PM
are you talking about lower control arm or "ruca/tension/traction arm/ect"?? and im pretty sure the thicknes/welds/rust protective coat/track tested all apply!! i know spl is a good brand and is all track tested!! im sure most people go with a brand that is fairly inexpensive and has a good review for not failing! =]

im thinking about going pbm, tho =]]]

InlineS13
03-23-2010, 10:32 PM
+1 There's cheap stuff and nice stuff. If you want nice stuff get MAX or SPL or something.

mrchomponthis
03-23-2010, 11:09 PM
I am talking about all suspension arms i thought i made myself fairly clear. so thickness makes a difference what if the weld quality is terrible and the welder is terrible. most production welders can stack dimes all day, but what about the penetration of the weld? I would love to see some of these companies have there stuff stress tested for quality Home Orange Coast Testing, Inc. (http://www.orangecoasttesting.com/)

Dazzla
03-23-2010, 11:40 PM
SPL, Cusco, JIC etc.

hOngsterr
03-23-2010, 11:40 PM
this can kinda tie in with that thread thats been made about the "whats the best tension rod" or something like that, aurora joints?

check peaks lol

az_240
03-24-2010, 03:00 AM
SPL. Quality, reasonable prices and good customer service.

KA24sleeper
03-24-2010, 02:42 PM
isis is cheap and dosent look too good, circit sport, megan, kazama, peak,stk are the run of the mill "basic" arms for most everyday driver/somewhat track use. spl, max, jic, cusco and battle version are the higher end models for real track use. tho the best of the best and is most talked about is the spl arms. beefy, tough, thick welds and is constently beeing updated every so often is what makes them the "best of the best" catagorie.( saving up for some my self:boink:)

WISH ONE
03-30-2010, 02:11 PM
SPL. Quality, reasonable prices and good customer service.

Customer service and product availability are huge with me.
I am happy with my PBM components, however i dont really like the fact that they never seem to have anything in stock.
Do they not produce enough or do they really sell like crazy.
In the future I may pick up SPL products just because of this reason.
It would be really nice to see some actual Pressure test results or cool product testing videos just like PBM shows they building process.

I LUV MY S13
03-30-2010, 02:25 PM
Im going all pbm...i got spl tension rods but they began to rust a bit and the joints were cracking, friend had similar issues within weeks of use..so that kinda scared me off from the rest of their stuff

tein, peak performance, pbm, cusco, kazama are all good

wh0aitznic0
03-30-2010, 02:26 PM
Have a gander at my sig and all your suspension questions will be answered.

Chernobyl
03-30-2010, 02:32 PM
I look at the URL to make sure I'm ordering them from splparts. That's the only thing to look for.

Matej
03-30-2010, 02:52 PM
Ikeya Formula or nothing.

Teddy
03-30-2010, 02:55 PM
Ikeya Formula all the way.

WISH ONE
03-30-2010, 03:14 PM
Ive been eyeballing the 326 power products but damn theyre expensive.

Renelovesnike
03-30-2010, 03:24 PM
Ive been eyeballing the 326 power products but damn theyre expensive.

326 power is hella GANGSTER JDM!!!! :faint:

d*star180
03-30-2010, 03:48 PM
isis is cheap and dosent look too good, circit sport, megan, kazama, peak,stk are the run of the mill "basic" arms for most everyday driver/somewhat track use. spl, max, jic, cusco and battle version are the higher end models for real track use. tho the best of the best and is most talked about is the spl arms. beefy, tough, thick welds and is constently beeing updated every so often is what makes them the "best of the best" catagorie.( saving up for some my self:boink:)

You have no idea what the fuck your talking about. And your categorization is fucking retarded.

Chernobyl
03-30-2010, 04:17 PM
your categorization is fucking retarded.

Agreed. :Ownedd:

D.Adams
03-30-2010, 04:25 PM
SPL / PBM / Ikeya Formula

DJPimpFlex
03-30-2010, 08:49 PM
SPL /thread. By far the best. US support, and 2x as beefy as the BV arms I had prior. I've also had cusco ruca's and they weren't anything to write home about.

SPL or go home.

anton1o
03-30-2010, 10:54 PM
Ikeya.
http://www.cnsdesignstudio.com/DRFT/sub1.jpg

Teddy
03-31-2010, 01:32 AM
SPL or go home.

Well, I don't know about go home, but I will agree that SPL is definitely one of the finest options out there.

Chrischeezer
03-31-2010, 01:46 AM
Ikeya.
http://www.cnsdesignstudio.com/DRFT/sub1.jpg

holy god.. spectacular

I always look at the weakest point of the part. and judge for myself if it would last. Drift Works makes some pretty serious stuff. Use highest quality for the most vital components, and you can save with the lower budget parts for the small things.
not a big fan of china made.. but lots of ppl use em.

Chernobyl
03-31-2010, 10:02 AM
What's the deal with Ikeya? Are they actually good and track proven, or just the new JDM hotness that everyone is sackriding for no real reason?

ManoNegra
03-31-2010, 10:31 AM
What's the deal with Ikeya? Are they actually good and track proven, or just the new JDM hotness that everyone is sackriding for no real reason?

Ikeya Formula has been around since forever in Japan.
Koguchi's World 180 had all their arms, in fact they were (are?) one of his main sponsors.
Too baller for most broke 240 kids though.

Friend of mine has their FLCA Tension Rod combo,
quality shit

seen the new SPL stuff
also quality shit

own a set of Peak Performance S14 RUCAs myself
beautiful finish, Aurora heims
may replace my POS Powertrix ones with them if I don't go SPL first
(I like my shit to match)

anton1o
04-01-2010, 12:59 AM

haha, Ikeya may not be Street popular because it costs 3 arms and 4 legs, Its the best shit.. Just since its from Japan alot of people just wont pay for a really really expensive product then have to pay freight ontop.

Nothing wrong with supporting your Local brands, but if your spending big bucks you would be looking at Ikeya thats for sure!

ManoNegra
04-01-2010, 08:20 AM
350k Garage Ito R34 with custom Ikeya Formula suspension:

http://ll.speedhunters.com/u/f/eagames/NFS/speedhunters.com/Images/Dino%20Dalle%20Carbonare/2010/March%202010/GarageIto34/GI-BNR34-133.jpg

CAR FEATURE>> GARAGE ITO WITH PROSTOCK GT-R - Speedhunters (http://speedhunters.com/archive/2010/03/04/car-feature-gt-gt-garage-ito-with-prostock-gt-r.aspx)

CrimsonRockett
04-01-2010, 09:57 AM
Omgz I should sell my box full of Cusco arms and order Ikeya instead.

Joking aside, Ikeya is quality stuff, but expensive as shit.

If I didn't get Cusco everything, I probably would have gone with SPL based off their customer service and quality.

ManoNegra
04-01-2010, 10:19 AM
do it Johnny! You know you want to... lol
yeah, quality Japanese arms have a price premium attached to them

mrchomponthis
11-12-2010, 12:36 AM
Why do you need the most beefy control anyway? more often than not they aren't going to break...

godrifttoday
11-12-2010, 01:48 AM
Why u want to have the more money? This ties into bigger is better theory

WISH ONE
11-12-2010, 10:39 AM
The only time components really break IMO is when you crash bad, and if you happen to crash bad enough its likely even the most expensive parts will take a toll.
I would love to see companies stress and pressure test components using certified machinery, and not just the "oh yeah we ran a few track events, its holding up" approach. Theres so much bogus shit out there especially for our nitch market, everyone virutally makes the same thing and calls it the best. Half of the time parts come from the same place. Sad but true

sulik
11-12-2010, 11:22 AM
Drift Works makes some pretty serious stuff. Use highest quality for the most vital components, and you can save with the lower budget parts for the small things.

Driftworks isn´t china stuff. :nono:
The parts are fabricated in GB.

mrchomponthis
11-12-2010, 01:32 PM
I pm'ed psm months ago asking them if they had any tensile strength tests done, also yamoto garage. no response from either of them....

axiomatik
11-12-2010, 02:33 PM

He didn't say Driftworks is from China.

godrifttoday
11-12-2010, 02:45 PM
He didn't say Driftworks is from China.

:duh::duh::duh::duh:

tqstarburst
11-12-2010, 06:28 PM
what about yamato garage?

Backintoans13
11-12-2010, 06:49 PM
Im getting ready to order all my links here also, am thinking of either going SPL or Cusco. I like the fact that i can get everything else Cusco (Sways, Strut Bars, Coilovers) but like someone mentioned before, having parts readily available and customer service is nice to have. Those that have Cusco, would you go a different route if given the chance to reorder?

DJPimpFlex
11-12-2010, 07:08 PM
I had cusco RUCA's on my S13 for a minute, but I sold them for SPLs. They are definitely good, but not the same quality as SPL. The hybrid adjusters make small adjustments really easy while keeping the heim joints straight.

Backintoans13
11-12-2010, 07:14 PM
One company that i wanted to get back like 7 yrs ago when i first got into 240's was Silk Road. I dont really see anything metioned of them on here but i found a site that also sells the links. What do ppl think of silk road?

Jonnie Fraz
11-12-2010, 08:56 PM
I really think that the fabrication of the arms them self is kinda moot as long as you are buying from a reputable company ie...PBM, SPL, Battle Version, ect. Look at what you are replacing. I have only ever heard of a couple of E-Bay arms breaking. Mainly the failure is going to come from cheep heim joints.
Funny how some are speaking of NDT and DT of the parts that PBM, SPL, or Battle Version make. All you have to do is hold one of their parts in your hand. Just compare the welds to the crappy welds that are on the stock arms that have not failed in the 100,000+ miles.
Customer service is gonna go a long way with me also. Either Kuah, Dan or Alex will be more than happy to help you where they can with your purchase.
Both SPL and PBM make improvements on their products even when they do not have to.

WISH ONE
11-13-2010, 02:10 AM
Yes!^!!!!!!

CaptainVlad
11-13-2010, 08:12 AM
has anyone used those new Stance links?

godrifttoday
11-13-2010, 09:40 AM
Just compare the welds to the crappy welds that are on the stock arms that have not failed in the 100,000+ miles.

yes! When the car is not intended to be drifted! or else things bend..

mrchomponthis
11-13-2010, 12:38 PM
just because a weld looks gross doesn't mean it's not strong FYI!

Jonnie Fraz
11-13-2010, 03:15 PM
just because a weld looks gross doesn't mean it's not strong FYI!

Very true, but an experienced fabricator can tell a good weld from a bad one. My point is this the arms built by the formerly mentioned companies are going to be far stronger than the stock arms, and they held up for a while...true?
Some classes of racing do not allow aftermarket arms and even under pretty harsh conditions they do not tend to fail. Now here is the flip side to the coin...In the event of a mishap the arms are designed to fail so damage is not done to the subframe or the chassis. There will always be a weak link...it is the nature of the beast.
So I guess what would be my advice is to buy a nice set of arms from a company that tickles your fancy. If you are good with a company that you will not get to talk to one of their key people, by all means do so. I work pretty hard for my money, so I don't mind making a few calls and chatting before I send my cash away, and being disappointed when my parts are not up to my standards. I would also ask around and see what your buddies are using. See what they like and dislike about the brand that they are using.
I think that if you track your car on the regular and drive it daily, I would at least check the rod ends at least every track day.
I am pretty sure that you are pretty careful with your money and that is why you stared this thread...to see what we are using and what we think about the parts we have. To be perfectly honest I have a mix of Powered by Max, Battle Version, and I built my toe rods. I don't have anything bad to say about any of them.

Hope that helped

mrchomponthis
11-13-2010, 04:10 PM
I agree with all your points, I more so started this thread to just give people an opportunity to voice there opinions. I personally have Kazama tension rods, random brand rucas, and peak traction arms, and am looking into pbm toe arms. In my opinion s chassis guys are "perfect consumers" with the lack of information on products being sold. My welding teacher William Galvery once told me, I'd never buy any type of suspension component if i don't know what the hell its made out of, gases used, filler used, and metal used. I think all companies should have this information accessible to there consumers.
Very true, but an experienced fabricator can tell a good weld from a bad one. My point is this the arms built by the formerly mentioned companies are going to be far stronger than the stock arms, and they held up for a while...true?
Some classes of racing do not allow aftermarket arms and even under pretty harsh conditions they do not tend to fail. Now here is the flip side to the coin...In the event of a mishap the arms are designed to fail so damage is not done to the subframe or the chassis. There will always be a weak link...it is the nature of the beast.
So I guess what would be my advice is to buy a nice set of arms from a company that tickles your fancy. If you are good with a company that you will not get to talk to one of their key people, by all means do so. I work pretty hard for my money, so I don't mind making a few calls and chatting before I send my cash away, and being disappointed when my parts are not up to my standards. I would also ask around and see what your buddies are using. See what they like and dislike about the brand that they are using.
I think that if you track your car on the regular and drive it daily, I would at least check the rod ends at least every track day.
I am pretty sure that you are pretty careful with your money and that is why you stared this thread...to see what we are using and what we think about the parts we have. To be perfectly honest I have a mix of Powered by Max, Battle Version, and I built my toe rods. I don't have anything bad to say about any of them.

Hope that helped

hellion240sx
11-13-2010, 05:13 PM
I agree with your teacher, he might know what he is talking about haha. someone said there was avideo of them making the suspension, anyone have a link? also I am thinking about going with pbm suspension, or spl. customer service for spl is by far the best I have experienced. I'm just up in the air. I also agree with the strength of the product test. that would be nice to know. email them again. show them this thread. see if they can give some input. I work hard for my money as well, hell I have four jobs, I certainly don't want to waste my money.

tims05
11-13-2010, 06:54 PM
I know its been asked but anyone have any opinions on the Yamato Garage parts?

ManoNegra
11-13-2010, 09:32 PM

They look like just another come late budget company trying to get their piece of the s-chassis pie.
Why bother when there's already plenty of reputable proven options?

GunmetalSR
11-13-2010, 10:19 PM
YouTube - Parts Shop MAX newest super low S-Chassis camber arm fabrication (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j47Sgvj3Whw&feature=player_embedded)
i love this video...its inspiration for me to weld better

hellion240sx
11-13-2010, 11:34 PM
werd, just watched the vid. ten mins and you have an arm :)

R33E8
11-14-2010, 08:24 AM

They use QA1 rod ends which are pretty good.. I have a set of rucas and toe arms from them but haven't installed them yet.. The quality is OK.. I'm waiting for some spherical bearing covers before I install them..

hellion240sx
11-14-2010, 09:54 AM
o yeah it's on the PBM site now...

I'm such a hesitater when it comes to buying :/

Jonnie Fraz
11-14-2010, 11:35 AM
YouTube - Parts Shop MAX newest super low S-Chassis camber arm fabrication (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j47Sgvj3Whw&feature=player_embedded)
i love this video...its inspiration for me to weld better

I love this video also...Now all their arms are TIG welded instead of MIG. If you are a welder/fabricator you know how much more skill and time it takes to do that.

XxCAPTAINxX
11-14-2010, 12:57 PM

yeah i have their RUCA's for s13. they are beefy and look well made. i have done a couple events with no problems but thats not saying much. basically they look legit but im going PBM as soon as these break(if they do)

Irresistible
11-14-2010, 01:35 PM
I may as well ask my question in this thread...

Would keeping stock traction rods and RLCAs, and getting some adjustable toe rods and RUCAs be okay? Obviously I won't have as much flexibility with alignment. All I need is 0 toe and a little bit of camber, will I be good with just the two links?

mrchomponthis
11-14-2010, 02:46 PM
just get ruca's and tension arms. Thats all you really need :) and if you want a little more buy energy bushings for the other arms.

Would keeping stock traction rods and RLCAs, and getting some adjustable toe rods and RUCAs be okay? Obviously I won't have as much flexibility with alignment. All I need is 0 toe and a little bit of camber, will I be good with just the two links?

mrchomponthis
11-14-2010, 02:55 PM
You are assuming things you don't know!
They look like just another come late budget company trying to get their piece of the s-chassis pie.
Why bother when there's already plenty of reputable proven options?

Irresistible
11-14-2010, 03:51 PM
just get ruca's and tension arms. Thats all you really need :) and if you want a little more buy energy bushings for the other arms.

Tension as in the arms for the front? Just making sure you didn't make a mistake, cus I was asking about the rear suspension, but your answer tells me more. So thanks man.

s14freak93901
11-14-2010, 03:56 PM

most people don't touch the LCA. only toe,camber,traction. yes, you''ll be good with only toe and ruca.

Tig weld takes time and isn't easy. PBM has great prices on their multi links.

Irresistible
11-14-2010, 04:18 PM
most people don't touch the LCA. only toe,camber,traction. yes, you''ll be good with only toe and ruca.

Tig weld takes time and isn't easy. PBM has great prices on their multi links.

Alright awesome. Maybe getting energy bushings and a new joint for my RLCA wouldn't be a bad idea.

s14freak93901
11-14-2010, 05:39 PM
replacing the bushings is a must. what about your subframe?

Irresistible
11-14-2010, 05:47 PM
replacing the bushings is a must. what about your subframe?

Rear subframe, I plan on getting solid diff bushings from Stance, and a subframe brace. I don't know about taking out the front and rear subframe to get risers, and solid subframe bushings because it's a daily car, so I don't want the suspension to be TOO stiff. Also, I don't know if I'd be able to take the subframe out and put it back in on my own.

ManoNegra
11-14-2010, 07:31 PM
I don't know about taking out the front and rear subframe to get risers

There's no front subframe nor bushings on on our cars
cross member bolts directly to the chassis
FSM can be downloaded from free you know

and solid subframe bushings because it's a daily car, so I don't want the suspension to be TOO stiff.

they don't make the car stiff, that's what cheap oversprung coilovers are for.
they make the rear of the car feel great
problem is they're very noisy and can be annoying on a daily driven car

Also, I don't know if I'd be able to take the subframe out and put it back in on my own.

not recommended for a novice but not impossible either
I've done it by myself before:

http://zilvia.net/f/chat/165043-bushings-2.html#post1766348

Irresistible
11-14-2010, 10:33 PM
There's no front subframe nor bushings on on our cars
cross member bolts directly to the chassis
FSM can be downloaded from free you know

they don't make the car stiff, that's what cheap oversprung coilovers are for.
they make the rear of the car feel great
problem is they're very noisy and can be annoying on a daily driven car

not recommended for a novice but not impossible either
I've done it by myself before:

http://zilvia.net/f/chat/165043-bushings-2.html#post1766348

Thanks. I'll look into it some more and decide from there.

I thought there was a front subframe and bushings, but I'm also an idiot.

Red Dragon3
11-14-2010, 11:35 PM
When i look for suspension parts for my car, i usually look at what kind of research and development a company has shown in developing there products. Read the product description on the company website or the forums threads about the product. If a company has has done the r&d on the product, they will have explanations on how there products will benefit you as the consumer. For example, go to spl or powered by max websites, the product description is very descriptive and they show there in depth knowledge in there products. Then go to websites like god speed and megan racing. The descriptions is minimal. You can clearly tell who did there home work.
I see alot of fanboism on this web site. Alot of people here only support JDM brands, that dont mean S***. The quality of the product does not necessarily reflect on the quality of the product. There is also alot of negative criticism from people towards certain companys, on the basis of one or two cases that has occurred and they boycott the company products. If your going to drive your car hard, or race your car, things will eventually break. These suspension parts are not build out of heavy duty titanium. If you apply too much stress its going to break.
There is alot of copy cats out there. You are entitled to spend your money on what ever you want. But if you want people to continue to research and develop new products, for your car, support the original developers, the ones who actually design the products and not the copy cats. You not necessary paying the company for quality, or "legitness" your pay the extra premium price for their time in researching and there continuation of researching and developing new and better products.

Get yourself some coilovers, RUCA, Toe arms. Those are the most important ones.

11-15-2010, 04:50 PM
what makes an arm good? tensile strengths, weld quality, filler used, certified welders, gases used while welding, quality of heims?

This is a great question, and I had been meaning to do a writeup on this. Basically for a suspension arm, what you want is:

* Light weight
Your suspension arm makes up some of the car's unsprung weight, so the lighter the better. Think of this as paying for lightweight wheels. But weight often has to be balanced against strength/stiffness.

* Strength/stiffness
This depends on the design, materials used, welding, heat treating, etc. Of course, nobody wants a suspension arm that will break, but just because it doesn't break does not mean its a good suspension arm. You want to consider how much a suspension arm will flex when you apply a few thousand pounds of load on it. Replacing that rubber bushing with a super high quality spherical bearing doesn't make sense if the arm still flexes 1/4" under load. On the other hand, you also don't want arms that weigh like a tank. The usual tricks for having good strength vs weight is to use large diameter hollow tubing, keeping bends low, reinforcing bends, using high strength materials (eg. 41XX chromoly vs. 10XX steel), etc.

* Friction
This comes down to the quality of the bearing.

* Precision
You want all components to be machined precisely, so you have as little "slop" as possible. Components that fit too loosely together, can slip/move under load, and that will affect your alignment. Adjusters that thread too loosely means less thread engagement, increasing the likelihood of the thread stripping out under load. Making things precise takes a lot more time and effort.

* User friendliness
Many people may not have considered this because they do not install or align their cars themselves, but remember most alignment shops get paid by the job, not by the hour. If it takes too much effort for them to get your alignment precise, or set things up perfectly right, then they will not do so.

* Finishing
The quality and type of finishes make a difference as to how well the arm will hold up to the weather and use.

hellion240sx
11-15-2010, 11:34 PM
When i look for suspension parts for my car, i usually look at what kind of research and development a company has shown in developing there products. Read the product description on the company website or the forums threads about the product. If a company has has done the r&d on the product, they will have explanations on how there products will benefit you as the consumer. For example, go to spl or powered by max websites, the product description is very descriptive and they show there in depth knowledge in there products. Then go to websites like god speed and megan racing. The descriptions is minimal. You can clearly tell who did there home work.
I see alot of fanboism on this web site. Alot of people here only support JDM brands, that dont mean S***. The quality of the product does not necessarily reflect on the quality of the product. There is also alot of negative criticism from people towards certain companys, on the basis of one or two cases that has occurred and they boycott the company products. If your going to drive your car hard, or race your car, things will eventually break. These suspension parts are not build out of heavy duty titanium. If you apply too much stress its going to break.
There is alot of copy cats out there. You are entitled to spend your money on what ever you want. But if you want people to continue to research and develop new products, for your car, support the original developers, the ones who actually design the products and not the copy cats. You not necessary paying the company for quality, or "legitness" your pay the extra premium price for their time in researching and there continuation of researching and developing new and better products.

Get yourself some coilovers, RUCA, Toe arms. Those are the most important ones.

quoted for truth... also WHY did you have to use spl and pbm as an examp?!?!?! I'm trying to pick one of the two! and that doesn't help :p

s13 @ fullboost
11-16-2010, 12:10 AM
kazama and tien ftw

mrchomponthis
11-16-2010, 12:57 AM
I would like to here from some of the major s chassis companies with some feed back. yep, I AM CALLING YOU GUYS OUT! SERVE YOUR CUSTOMERS

nathanong87
11-16-2010, 07:34 AM
the only thing i look for in suspension arms is the color that they are powder coated and if they go along with my current paint scheme.

all joking aside. i've had no complaints about PBM (rucas), SPL (outers), or battle version (tension , toe). so far they have all "performed" as described.

driftsilvias13
11-16-2010, 08:05 AM
Peak Performance!

Aurora ends and beefy. Also they have a pretty good anti wear coating on their arms. My s14 has all Peak Performance arms.

I'd also suggest SPL. Customer service and the quality is amazing.

axiomatik
11-16-2010, 08:22 AM
:duh::duh::duh::duh:

I don't understand what you are trying to say.

original post mentioned:
Drift Works makes some pretty serious stuff. Use highest quality for the most vital components, and you can save with the lower budget parts for the small things.

comment by sulik:

notice that chrischeezer says: "Drift Works makes some pretty serious stuff." He obviously likes their products and is complimenting them.

He then goes on to give his thoughts on where it's important to use quality parts, and where to cheap out.

Then, in a new paragraph (notice it starts on a new line), he says that he is not a fan of chinese stuff. It is a comment completely unrelated to his earlier comment praising Drift Works.

sulik, who either skimmed it over quickly or has poor reading comprehension skills, assumed that chrischeezer was saying that Drift Works is china-made. That is obviously not the case, and I pointed out that fact in my earlier post.

This concludes today's lesson in reading comprehension.

az24tsx
11-18-2010, 10:56 PM
SPL seems to be one of the top S chassis susp. manufacturers, their products are legit but how do they stack against Ikeya, Dmax, or Cusco?

mrchomponthis
11-19-2010, 01:47 AM
another thread full of insults, bias and nothing more than waste of space on zilvia. mods please close/ lock "shakes head"

az_240
11-19-2010, 04:38 AM
SPL seems to be one of the top S chassis susp. manufacturers, their products are legit but how do they stack against Ikeya, Dmax, or Cusco?

I have spl, bings, and cusco arms.... SPL are my favorite out of those but any of the higher end stuff will be fine.

ManoNegra
11-19-2010, 08:43 AM
SPL or Peak Performance
quality materials, quality finishes, quality made, quality heims, quality made in the USA
/thread

flossyrobinson
11-22-2010, 05:26 PM
With all the current sales of arm packages I have been thinking about picking up some adjustable arms.

I really just need RUCA's and toe arms so i can take out some of the camber and correct toe that i have from lowering it (s14 w/ silk road coils and swift springs) but still considering one of the packages currently for sale on this site.

I dont daily my car, track it when i can and Im not the BEST drifter/driver and not tryin to win any competitions, just have some fun!

So with that said, will I notice a difference between an arm from God Speed, Yamato Garage, PBM, etc?

I've been tryin to read up as much as i have time for and the biggest difference seems to be the heim joints(Aside from R&D) But i dont know if that will effect the feel or just how the arms hold up over time?

WERDdabuilder
11-22-2010, 06:09 PM
well from reading another thread...i think the colors of the arms make them legit!

510-SR20DET
11-23-2010, 02:16 AM
^this guy is a moron. i think the arms which have the shiniest color win.

WISH ONE
11-23-2010, 09:47 AM
the arms with the most paint runs on them are the best, that means the put alot of paint on them so it will never come off, alot of paint makes arms stronger.

mrchomponthis
05-16-2011, 02:33 PM
godspeed the end :)

!Zar!
05-16-2011, 03:35 PM
I've always liked SPL's stuff. But PBM and BV stuff is chill as well.

Kazama links can rot in a trashcan.