PDA

View Full Version : JIC gone fyi

yokotas13
03-23-2010, 06:16 PM
liquidated their stock here in japan maybe 2 days ago. our shop got a load of jforce 5s, seats, strut bars, and other shit. they are gone for good

DRIFTER-M
03-23-2010, 06:50 PM
That sucks, another legit brand gone...

Cue the knockoff hate in 3,2,1...

yokotas13
03-23-2010, 06:52 PM
well to be honest, JIC was never really htat popular here in japan

lflkajfj12123
03-23-2010, 06:55 PM
smh

SEE WHAT YOU'RE DOING TO JAPAN MEGAN USERS

speedfiend
03-23-2010, 07:00 PM
Honestly I wasn't a big fan of JIC in the first place. Had a set of their RUCAS on my s14 for right at a year and one of them seized to the point of trying to heat it to get it to come loose and it never did. Had a buddy that had a set of their top of the line coils on his s13 and one of them blew after about a year of use. Mainly daily driver and like 2-3 autocross events. Oh well hate to see the knockoffs win again but this one I think was coming.

DRIFTER-M
03-23-2010, 07:02 PM
Honestly I wasn't a big fan of JIC in the first place. Had a set of their RUCAS on my s14 for right at a year and one of them seized to the point of trying to heat it to get it to come loose and it never did. Had a buddy that had a set of their top of the line coils on his s13 and one of them blew after about a year of use. Mainly daily driver and like 2-3 autocross events. Oh well hate to see the knockoffs win again but this one I think was coming.

Well, to be fair, wasn't there an issue with their coilovers in the USA for a while? I think it was the valving was different than Japan, and it created some issues?

Regardless though of how anybody felt about JIC, they have been around for a while. They made some cool stuff. It is sad.

Om1kron
03-23-2010, 07:02 PM
oh noes....

CrimsonRockett
03-23-2010, 07:21 PM
This sucks.

jserman
03-23-2010, 07:31 PM
I love there rims and there seats......Sucks if they went under

xpertsnowcarver
03-23-2010, 07:33 PM
That blows. I have their tie rod inners and FLT-TAR coilovers and love them to death. Best coilovers I've used compared to Tein Flex, HKS Hypermax Ds, and Apex'i N1s - as far as road racing.

lflkajfj12123
03-23-2010, 07:43 PM
This sucks.

YOU STILL HAVE YOUR CUSCO THOUGH, man.

udon!
03-23-2010, 07:52 PM
R.I.P JIC

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y100/sc3camry/DPP_0078.jpg

DRIFTER-M
03-23-2010, 08:17 PM
MAGIC!!!!!!!

:naw:

R.I.P.

Fries
03-23-2010, 08:32 PM
:( Wish I could have been there for the liquidation though.

tricky_ab
03-23-2010, 08:54 PM
God damn! Well this sucks!

Cue the knockoff hate in 3,2,1...

Damn right! I've got my pitchfork ready!

wh0aitznic0
03-23-2010, 09:27 PM
This really blows. I really liked my FLT-A2's. Rode AWESOME.

yokotas13
03-23-2010, 10:06 PM
I love there rims and there seats......Sucks if they went under

I'm getting at least two seats maybe 4 if they can find two more at 8000 yen each

tricky_ab
03-23-2010, 10:46 PM
^^Damn that's cheap!

Matej
03-23-2010, 10:51 PM
JIC made wheels and seats?

I always thought they only made rusted old coilovers.

FaLKoN240
03-23-2010, 10:54 PM
My buddy pretty much nailed it on the head:

no surprise there

overcharging for average shit

poor advertising

poor sponsporships

so no one cared and no one buy their shit

Mister.E
03-23-2010, 11:01 PM
well to be honest, JIC was never really htat popular here in japan

Concur. none of the Japanese guys i know rock anything from JIC. They always seemed really overpriced and unpopular IMO.

TheWolf
03-23-2010, 11:04 PM
How about import business sucks right now. Poor economy and they marketed to people that are most hurt by this. Another cashflow short company folds. I can't tell you how many engine rebuild facilities I've seen die because they tooled themselves up for mega overhead. Things got slow and they drowned in debt.

OptionZero
03-23-2010, 11:05 PM
ah, no wonder. I noticed a crapload of JIC wheels for sale on craigslist and ebay and was wondering why

FaLKoN240
03-23-2010, 11:09 PM
ah, no wonder. I noticed a crapload of JIC wheels for sale on craigslist and ebay and was wondering why

Ohhhh yeah... that makes sense too.

They were DIRT cheap too. :madfawk:

jspecusa
03-23-2010, 11:11 PM
JIC=made in korea
motoria is the company
it's consider megan of Japan.
you guys will see more company folding in 2010,
buy up the parts you like before it's done.

illvialuver
03-23-2010, 11:32 PM
Hope there wheels are cheap, but I bet some dumb ass would be like they are outta business now their shit is rare. I wonder how this will effect the us branch , or John at Zeal motorsports?

Any news brainfood?

PRADOgy
03-23-2010, 11:40 PM
Even if parts where awsome or average. JIC was one of the legit company's out there. Errr =(

PRADOgy
03-23-2010, 11:42 PM
I read some one who posted some where on this thread bashing Megan. Dude, I think Megan has come a long way and admire their dedication to the scene. Its just another company. They may not be the best but are also not the worst. Its another option out there.

snappy
03-23-2010, 11:46 PM
Well I guess whoever has any JIC equipment will jack up the prices cuz now they're SUPER rare JDM fool!!!

brainfood
03-24-2010, 10:00 AM
JIC-Magic USA is still here and going strong. BTW

shiftdrift
03-24-2010, 10:04 AM
damn, i'm rocking their flt-a2 coilovers on my hatch and i love them, never had any problems.

DRIFTER-M
03-24-2010, 10:26 AM

Hmm interesting...

So, JIC is now USDM tyte for good? No more JDM?

So, people will be importing parts TO Japan, if people there want JIC parts?

Thats a change.

Om1kron
03-24-2010, 10:30 AM
Hmm interesting...

So, JIC is now USDM tyte for good? No more JDM?

So, people will be importing parts TO Japan, if people there want JIC parts?

Thats a change.

That's weird I was told JIC USA has also liquidated their stock, they're right down the street from me.

SlideWell
03-24-2010, 10:35 AM
shitty :/ i loved their exhausts on a variety of cars.

Homer_Simpson
03-24-2010, 10:43 AM
overcharging for average shit

I don't know how it is in Japan, but the last time I asked them about one of their muffler (JIC US) they wanted $800. Fucking $800 for a steel muffler!

wh0aitznic0
03-24-2010, 11:00 AM
I want a JIC Bullet !!

ronmcdon
03-24-2010, 11:45 AM
Its sad to see them go.
Had a set of their flta1s on my civic from years ago and it worked great.
However, they really don't make anything you can't get from competitors.
Now if say Garrett or Koni or Recaro went under, I would be devastated.

2Slow40
03-24-2010, 11:57 AM
Their colors and logo look ugly and cheap. This is why I've never cared about them, seems kinda shallow but it's true.

brainfood
03-24-2010, 02:44 PM
I was waiting for till an offficial press release but it seems that the time has come to let the cat out of the bag. There will be an official release soon but here is the low down on what is going on with JIC USA.

JIC USA has always been a seperate entity from JIC Japan, it is only branch of JIC that is independently owned and opperated. JIC Japan stopped importing parts over a year ago due to shaky economic conditions in Japan and since then JIC USA has been working hard to develop their own product lineups. With over 30 years of combined drift/drag/circuit experience the new product lineup will be amazing. The new coilovers will be manufactured in the USA, machining, design, assebly all done in the USA. This will give us strict control over the quality of the product and production times. Expect a lot of new and exciting things from Sieger Sports and JIC Magic USA. The inventory that has been liquidated in the USA is all old product line that was imported from Japan and will for obvious reasons no longer be imported. If anyone wants to come by and check out the shop and all of our cars or needs any work done we are capable of doing anything here at Sieger Sports and of course specialize in chassis tuning and alignment/suspension setup. This coming year will be an exciting one, we had taken a small break from motorsports to work on new company direction but we will be back strong this year with the Porsche, GTR and Rx8 competing in time attack as well as me driving my R32 and S13 at local drift events. Ill see everyone at the track! If you have any questions or need any work done give me a call at the shop 626-576-0900
thanks guys!

Om1kron
03-24-2010, 04:04 PM
thanks for the heads up Bryan.

S-Nation S13
03-24-2010, 04:13 PM
damn...im not a user of their coils but i friend of mine had them i can honestly say i like the way they work, and felt during driving RIP JIC MAJIC

Z33dori
03-24-2010, 05:18 PM
ANY JFORCE 7s..... ????????

LimeLite Racing
03-24-2010, 05:21 PM
Jic ftmf mf ftmfw!!!!!

LimeLite Racing
03-24-2010, 05:21 PM
Psyche!!!!!!!

brainfood
03-24-2010, 07:07 PM
Sorry wheels have been clearanced out long ago they were the first to go ;)

SimpleS14
03-24-2010, 08:47 PM

That's reassuring. I'm guessing it's similar to the GReddy situation ?

brainfood
03-24-2010, 10:57 PM
No Greddy claimed bankruptcy I believe and laid off their full staff we havn't really changed still here going strong just new product lineup.

bones321
03-24-2010, 11:31 PM
ive got the JDM fl2a coils, i love them to death, sucks to see them go down

wh0aitznic0
03-25-2010, 12:08 AM
I was waiting for till an offficial press release but it seems that the time has come to let the cat out of the bag. There will be an official release soon but here is the low down on what is going on with JIC USA.

JIC USA has always been a seperate entity from JIC Japan, it is only branch of JIC that is independently owned and opperated. JIC Japan stopped importing parts over a year ago due to shaky economic conditions in Japan and since then JIC USA has been working hard to develop their own product lineups. With over 30 years of combined drift/drag/circuit experience the new product lineup will be amazing. The new coilovers will be manufactured in the USA, machining, design, assebly all done in the USA. This will give us strict control over the quality of the product and production times. Expect a lot of new and exciting things from Sieger Sports and JIC Magic USA. The inventory that has been liquidated in the USA is all old product line that was imported from Japan and will for obvious reasons no longer be imported. If anyone wants to come by and check out the shop and all of our cars or needs any work done we are capable of doing anything here at Sieger Sports and of course specialize in chassis tuning and alignment/suspension setup. This coming year will be an exciting one, we had taken a small break from motorsports to work on new company direction but we will be back strong this year with the Porsche, GTR and Rx8 competing in time attack as well as me driving my R32 and S13 at local drift events. Ill see everyone at the track! If you have any questions or need any work done give me a call at the shop 626-576-0900
thanks guys!

Hmmm how much for the "JDM" liquidated stock of suspension arms? I already have a complete set from SPL but I just wanna know for future reference?

A31CEFIRO
03-25-2010, 12:33 AM
My friends shop out here got there hands on some of the liquidated stock. Suprised it got out so quick.

yokotas13
03-25-2010, 02:36 AM
Yeah
my shop got ahold of 40 sets of force 5s
4 seats and a couple dozen strut bars
more may be comming too

A31CEFIRO
03-25-2010, 04:59 AM
They got 25 strut tower bars and tons of suspension stuff super cheap. Did you yakota guys pick up any for yourselves?

yokotas13
03-25-2010, 06:22 AM
noone at yokota knows about it asfaras i know
just the shop i work at off base isgetting their stuff

i got a pair of seats for thevan

!Zar!
03-25-2010, 10:09 AM
So... how can I get some of these liquidated parts/prices?

VROOOM
03-25-2010, 10:41 AM
any of you guys that got liquidated stuff have any Evo X coilovers for sale?

wangan_cruiser
03-25-2010, 12:12 PM
damn that sucks. guess i need to start searching cheap jforce 7 with low offset for my set.

so whats gonna happen to coils if needs rebuild, i believe any coil over makers can rebuild them right? anyone?

brainfood
03-25-2010, 02:03 PM
Coilovers will still be servicable here in the USA at Sieger Sports. Just like always. I believe we are one of the very few manufacturers that services in the states.

yokotas13
03-25-2010, 06:40 PM
So... how can I get some of these liquidated parts/prices?
be in the right place at the right time
and you werent

we got our force 5s for 240 a set of 4lolololz

karl wasabi
03-25-2010, 06:47 PM
and you werent

Holly crap. Are you going to be selling any? Do you have any force 7's???????

DRIFTER-M
03-26-2010, 12:44 AM
Holly crap. Are you going to be selling any? Do you have any force 7's???????

Count me as interested.

We need answers!!!

Anything? :x:

CrimsonRockett
03-26-2010, 02:15 AM
and you werent

$240 a set and flipping them for $1000.

Must be nice.

yokotas13
03-26-2010, 08:25 AM
gotta do what you gotta do. Step into a deal, and make money, you would too
however, i bought those at a slightly higher, not much but slightly since i dont have a dealers liscense here in japan.
But, as always prices are negotiable.

fliprayzin240sx
03-26-2010, 06:56 PM
Question now is which company will be next to fold in Japan?

drift freaq
03-26-2010, 07:42 PM
Question now is which company will be next to fold in Japan?

maybe we should take bets?

yokotas13
03-26-2010, 08:26 PM
I'm hoping ame

fliprayzin240sx
03-27-2010, 06:48 AM
I'm hoping ame

Doubt it tho, dont think theyre doing that bad. I see alot of folks rocking them in the states and a whole bunch of them in YAJ. That means alot of folks are buying them.

But if AME goes out, I want a fucking set of rims for $500.

yokotas13
03-27-2010, 06:50 AM
i woudlnt buy AME even for 500 bucks

EDacIouSX
03-28-2010, 04:51 PM
$240 a set and flipping them for $1000.

Must be nice.

gotta do what you gotta do. Step into a deal, and make money, you would too
however, i bought those at a slightly higher, not much but slightly since i dont have a dealers liscense here in japan.
But, as always prices are negotiable.

You nkow whats funny? He'll "Flip them" but the purchaser/buyer will never receive it. So, in all honesty, yokata's will have 4 wheels for $250 bucks + $1,000 from an unsuspecting buyer.

Sounds a little bit than "nice" to me. At least for one person.

yokotas13
03-28-2010, 07:25 PM
eh? everyone has what they have ever ordered, or their money back. dunno what yer talkin bout willis

Om1kron
03-28-2010, 07:57 PM
eh? everyone has what they have ever ordered, or their money back. dunno what yer talkin bout willis

Unless he bought something from you Grant, I don't see where he gets off.

yokotas13
03-28-2010, 09:53 PM
Danes wideband took forewver but he gotnit in the end. That's all I can think of

iHeartTheTouge
04-03-2010, 10:47 PM
oh man that sucks. i've been wanting to buy some of their wheels for the longest time! i'll have to convert something to 5 lug asap!

JDMpurest
04-04-2010, 12:28 AM
i woudlnt buy AME even for 500 bucks

Because your a moron, AME is made by ENKEI pretty much the best wheel manufacturer in the world. Sure ENKEI doesnt make a whole ton of good street wheels, but there the lightest and strongest on the market. They make wheels for numerous manufacturer's including OEM's. Not to mention there bad ass F1 and motorsport wheels. Anything Enkei makes is bomb proof. AME's are wack? ha shows how much you know dude. Grant what kind of wheels do you like then? Because obviously you can't spot quality. Good job failing all your PT test's Duuuddeee!

articdragon192
04-04-2010, 01:22 AM
Because your a moron, AME is made by ENKEI pretty much the best wheel manufacturer in the world. Sure ENKEI doesnt make a whole ton of good street wheels, but there the lightest and strongest on the market. They make wheels for numerous manufacturer's including OEM's. Not to mention there bad ass F1 and motorsport wheels. Anything Enkei makes is bomb proof. AME's are wack? ha shows how much you know dude. Grant what kind of wheels do you like then? Because obviously you can't spot quality. Good job failing all your PT test's Duuuddeee!

AMEs are just overpriced Enkeis and just as soft as Enkeis. Enkeis are pretty strong for their weight for a cast wheel, but still soft. Seriously, for the price of AME, you can toss a couple hundred more and get forged wheels, orr get used forged wheels for less.

JDMpurest
04-04-2010, 02:25 AM
AMEs are just overpriced Enkeis and just as soft as Enkeis. Enkeis are pretty strong for their weight for a cast wheel, but still soft. Seriously, for the price of AME, you can toss a couple hundred more and get forged wheels, orr get used forged wheels for less.

What are you talking about AME's and ENKEI's are retarded strong. Just because there cast does not mean they are not as strong as forged. Ever heard of Enkei's MAT casting process? These people cast there wheels for a reason. AME has been in buisness since 1981, enkei has been making wheels way longer than that, they know what there doing. AME's are extremely popular in Japan there not going out of buisness any time soon. AME Tracers are very popular racing wheel here.

yokotas13
04-04-2010, 04:16 AM
And rota is a popular wheel to drifT with in the us

stfu ame sucks

yokotas13
04-04-2010, 05:25 AM
what do i like?
I like kranzes mainly
some work stuff, alot of rays stuff. enough to put tes on my jeeps when i had it

btw, passed all my PT tests with flying colors

articdragon192
04-04-2010, 11:25 AM
What are you talking about AME's and ENKEI's are retarded strong. Just because there cast does not mean they are not as strong as forged. Ever heard of Enkei's MAT casting process? These people cast there wheels for a reason. AME has been in buisness since 1981, enkei has been making wheels way longer than that, they know what there doing. AME's are extremely popular in Japan there not going out of buisness any time soon. AME Tracers are very popular racing wheel here.

If you knew anything about cast wheels, you'd know that if you reduce weigght, you reduce strength in a cast wheel. Its just the nature in the metallurgy. Now, yes I know what the MAT (most advanced technology) casting process it. It's rim rolling. It's still a cast wheel. A better cast wheel than say a gravity or low pressure cast wheel, but cast nonetheless and has its limitations in strength.
I'm not saying they are crap wheel, because I don't think they are. I used to have a set of RPF1. They're nicely priced for the quality. But everyone overhypes their strength. 5Zigens are stronger and weight maybe a pound or two more. Very negligeble. And AMEs are overprices for what they are... cast Enkei wheels.

TypeXcoupe
05-09-2010, 12:08 AM
Most OEM "enkei" labels are "overpriced". There's no doubt about that.

It's very likely Enkei is OEM Manufacturer for one of the wheel brands you guys really like. One piece or Multipiece.

Let's name some others:

Advan, Weds, Racing Hart, Lowenhart, all the Takechi stuff pretty much. Not to mention a bunch of Luxury Brands. The Japan guys must know more about this than I. So it's honestly not fair to say they are overpriced because so many of the other brands produced by them are extremely revered in both the states and Japan.

We are extremely fortunate in the states that the Enkei MSRP is MUCH LOWER than in Japan. In Japan RPF1 MSRP is like 35% higher or something. As a result these other wheel brands appear extremely overpriced for the same "rim rolling" technology. From a manufacturing standpoint and an end user point, rim rolling is the next coming. I don't believe there are that many machines out there so now I wonder who is producing the

Volk TE37 Super Lap: Mold Form Forged, slightly cheaper than the real monoblocks
Work 11R-FT: Flow Formed

At the end of the day people need to support companies that strive to be on the cutting edge of technology and involved in motorsports from an engineering standpoint. All of the above brands partake in some form of Time Trial Competition and/or Series.

Personally I believe great companies with great products DIE DUE TO POOR BUSINESS MANAGEMENT and CUSTOMER RELATIONS.

Treat your customers like your friends, take responsibility for product claims timely, and continue to improve/engineer better products. Paying your suppliers is always an important part of the equation and falls under that "business management" aspect.

The one thing I really liked from JIC were their exhaust systems. They just never lined up exactly correct, but they sounded great.