PDA

View Full Version : bad injector in my 240sx ka24de

phosho510
03-22-2010, 08:19 PM
So i have a bad injector in my 240sx. I went to the junk yard to pick up a replacement. I pulled one off an 1996 infinity g20. They have the sr20de motor. They are side feed and they look the same as the ones on the ka24de. I wanted to make sure they will work as a replacement though, if not i may have to go back to find one off another nissan, I am having a hard time getting them off the rails too. I keep twisting them and pulling them. The seals of them are tight. Can someone help clarify if the infiniti g20 injectors will work on my ka and some tips and tips to remove them with ease, because i dont want to break them. thanks

modulation
03-22-2010, 10:13 PM
If it's red and side-feed then it'll work.

To get the fuel injectors out of the way, the best solution I've found is to get a pair of vice-grips and have them clamped on the long part of the rectangle on the top. Then spin the injector around in a circle. Then pull straight out, you'll leave a indentation in the plastic at the top bot barely and it'll work.

As far as the seals go since they are 10+ years old, not much you can do there. I would just buy some replacements they aren't too expensive from ebay.

phosho510
03-22-2010, 10:20 PM
yea they are red and side feed. I'll try the vice grip method. Kinda need a quick fix car for now to get around town. thanks for the response

modulation
03-22-2010, 10:40 PM
yea they are red and side feed. I'll try the vice grip method. Kinda need a quick fix car for now to get around town. thanks for the response

Remember to spin the injector before trying to pull it out, that really helps to free it from it's "seal" of sitting there for 10+ years.

Pacman
03-22-2010, 11:24 PM
When you twist, spray with brake clean. Its a great lubricant and will allow them to come out. It won't damage the plastic or anything.

phosho510
03-23-2010, 12:32 AM
Ok thanks for the responses, ill let you know how it goes tomorrow

importdude
03-23-2010, 02:20 AM
remove the cap

thread the screw/bolt back in
use that and lay a flathead on top of the screw
pry in the slot using the bolt head as leverage
as it loosens back off the screw so u get more leverage

they will come out easy with no damage

phosho510
03-23-2010, 03:48 PM
Ok i got the injectors removed and replaced. The g20 injectors work great. my car is running healthy again. : ) thank you everyone.