PDA

View Full Version : Predators (New Predator Movie)

innovation
03-22-2010, 07:00 PM
"Black ops military commando vs. Predator… Mafia hit man vs. Predator… Ninja assassin vs. Predator… Hannibal Lecter-style psychopath doctor vs. Predator. It’s like someone went down to a comic shop, recorded a group of nerds playing a session of “Who Would Win in a Fight” and then based a big-budget movie off of it. This is going to be awesome!"

9u8vZwvP57Y

Finally a legit Predator movie.

keistyle
03-22-2010, 07:33 PM
It's that guy with the nose.

Honestly, with a cast like that, it's only bound for success. Morpheus is in it too.

One thing is that there will be no team Alien,nor team edward. . i mean predator.

Bubbles
03-22-2010, 08:34 PM
Don't make fun of people with big noses, our kind take offense to that.

We're a proud people.

ManoNegra
03-22-2010, 08:59 PM
Alex Rodriguez, don't let me down.

ZilviaKid
03-22-2010, 09:50 PM
i shouted fuck yes when i realize what movie it was a preview for.

snappy
03-22-2010, 10:49 PM
I'm am totally surprised that so many big name actors signed on for this. To be honest the original was the only film I liked. But then again I'm giddy about Furious 5... so I'm dork too.

Mister.E
03-22-2010, 10:56 PM
Chris Hansen will put a stop to those fuckers

http://420.thrashbarg.net/chris_hansen_dateline_nbc.jpg

simmode1
03-22-2010, 11:36 PM
Finally a legit Predator movie.
:werd:
I'm gonna act like the Predator 2 and those two Predator vs Aliens movie never happened. This seems like the true sequel to the first movie...

satal95
03-23-2010, 12:10 AM
This looks badass

theronin
03-23-2010, 01:06 AM
if a whole spec ops unit couldn't take on 1, how in the world are we supposed to believe that a rag tag bunch of killers can take on what? 7-8 Predators?

Mister.E
03-23-2010, 01:09 AM
im just hoping there is more fighting/violence. they failed big time with AVP, that movie could have been so much better.

BOROSUN
03-23-2010, 01:33 AM
they are human specialized killers. i dunno about 7-8 predators that's a army already. maybe they're taking turns cause last time i checks 1 predator can take out hordes of aliens.

predators are the ultimate hunters or ultimate cheaters...they have cloaking, thermal vision, amplified hearing, fucking eye/head controlled lasers, killer bomerang disc, shoots horseshoe daggers, badass staff, wolverine claws, mutlipul enhanced vision, and they are freaking strong & fast. not only that they go thru insane training to kill and hunt.

NecroS14
03-23-2010, 02:27 AM
Alex Rodriguez, don't let me down.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a344/optmus82/a-rod.jpg

:down::down::down:

Robert Rodriguez, don't let me down. :wiggle::wiggle:

spiderlone
03-23-2010, 02:32 AM
:werd:
I'm gonna act like the Predator 2 and those two Predator vs Aliens movie never happened. This seems like the true sequel to the first movie...

hey avp2 wasn't that bad! part one was and predator 2 well. I'm not even gonna bring that up!! but the Predator In Avp2 was just plain out badass

spiderlone
03-23-2010, 02:34 AM
check out this home made preview! Not that bad!

Batman vs alien vs predator!

YouTube - BATMAN VS. PREDATOR (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOZVp9NFhQE)

spiderlone
03-23-2010, 02:39 AM
YouTube - Alien Vs Predator (Shower) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrqSCn0sBPw&feature=related)

simmode1
03-23-2010, 03:20 AM
hey avp2 wasn't that bad! part one was and predator 2 well. I'm not even gonna bring that up!! but the Predator In Avp2 was just plain out badass

None of the humans stood out at all in AVP2... no interesting dialog, no character development, nothing. Just humans doing stupid stuff and getting killed. Compare the characters on the two AVP movies against the crew in the first movie and tell me which movie had more interesting characters...

Yeah, the Predator may be cool and all, but he has no lines. No crazy shit like

"Long Tall Sally, she built sweet, she got everything, that Uncle John need. Aw baby, I'm gonna have me some fun, I'm gonna have me some fun, I'm gonna have me some fun."
"I don't care who you are back in the world, you give away our position one more time, I'll bleed ya, real quiet. Leave ya here. Got that?"
"You're all a bunch of slack jawed faggots! This stuff will make you a sexual Tyrannosaurus. Just like me!"

And of course
"Get to da choppa!"

Enna
03-23-2010, 04:49 AM
Fuck yeah.

spiderlone
03-23-2010, 06:05 AM
None of the humans stood out at all in AVP2... no interesting dialog, no character development, nothing. Just humans doing stupid stuff and getting killed. Compare the characters on the two AVP movies against the crew in the first movie and tell me which movie had more interesting characters...

"Long Tall Sally, she built sweet, she got everything, that Uncle John need. Aw baby, I'm gonna have me some fun, I'm gonna have me some fun, I'm gonna have me some fun."
"I don't care who you are back in the world, you give away our position one more time, I'll bleed ya, real quiet. Leave ya here. Got that?"
"You're all a bunch of slack jawed faggots! This stuff will make you a sexual Tyrannosaurus. Just like me!"

And of course
"Get to da choppa!"

Of course we all know that! I simply liked avp2 cause the predator scenes were bad ass. Never said It was better than the original predator.

spiderlone
03-23-2010, 06:08 AM

And of course
"Get to da choppa!"

I also believe He says "You're ghostin' us, motherfucker I don't care who you are back in the world, you give away our position one more time, I'll bleed ya, real quiet. Leave ya here. Got that?

spiderlone
03-23-2010, 06:15 AM
Billy. Billy... The other day, I was going down on my girlfriend, I said to her, "Jeez you got a big pussy. Jeez you got a big pussy." She said, "Why did you say that twice? I said, I didn't

Hey Billy. Billy The other day, I went up to my girlfriend, I said, "ya'know I'd like a little pussy". She said, "Me too, mine's as big as a house!"See, she, she wanted a little one 'cause hers was big as a house.

simmode1
03-23-2010, 06:34 AM
Hahahaha... Pred-quotes...:p

Antihero983
03-23-2010, 06:38 AM
for some reason, I thought it would be a good idea to go see Repo Men the other night (it sucked) and this preview was shown.

I laughed through the whole preview.

Adrien Brody? A killer? Please.

I can alomst guess what happens, so its not worth it.

Daniel.
03-23-2010, 10:13 AM
No Chopper? Instafail

exitspeed
03-23-2010, 10:21 AM
I'm looking forward to it actually. I forgot to make a thread for this the other day when the trailer came out.

Read up on the film. It has some real potential.

Oh and it being called Predators is a nod at Alien and Aliens.

BustedS13
03-23-2010, 11:21 AM
this stuff will make you a god damned sexual tyrannosaurus, just like me.

FRpilot
07-12-2010, 12:47 AM
Don't know why this thread hasn't been bumped since the movie came out on wednesday. I guess people don't care anymore.

To my surprise, there were a lot of people in line to watch this. Mostly males though and a few girls who were probably dragged by their bfs to watch it. i was surprised to see a group of 3 teenage girls in the back after the movie was over. they probably just snuck in after twilight ended. Out of every 10 people, 9 out of 10 were probably still guys though.

Anyways, I just watched it and it was pretty good and entertaining if you are a fan of the series. I still think the first one was the best, but how can you top that one. I'm sure any fan of the franchise would enjoy it as long as they add a lot of blood and gore and throw in a bunch of predators with shoulder plasma cannons blasting things into puppy chow.

Some pretty good trailers too. A movie I never heard of called expendables with an all star cast of action stars! Jason Statham, Jet Li, Terry Crews, Stone Cold Steve Austin, the villian from iron man 2, the Russian boxer from rocky, bruce willis, Sylvester Stallone, and even Arnold! Probably going to be a shitty plot but who cares as long as there is a lot of blowing up things and killing.

Also another trailer about a guy going out for revenge with a mexican setting. Seems like a lot of action with a Pastor getting involved in it and Jessica Alba and Michelle Rodriguez is going to be in it.

Oh yea, a new Resident Evil movie and a Julia Roberts chick flick trailer which was totally out of place.

punxva
07-12-2010, 06:11 AM
it was alright, i didn't love it and i didn't hate it. It was one of those movies that you see once and that's it. I wouldn't buy it when it comes to dvd

DALAZ_68
07-12-2010, 07:21 AM
AVP wasnt that bad...t was pretty ok for wat it was...
AVPR sucked complete dick...

i have some hope for this new one...

aznpoopy
07-12-2010, 08:03 AM
i just watched it last night.

i went into it half expecting it to suck despite the positive reviews.

without giving anything away, it turned out to be pretty damned awesome. about as good as a predator sequel could be, IMO.

besides being not really cheese and lame (unlike the AVP movies), the fight scenes were actually cool (moonlit duel stands out in my memory, along with a certain unexpected 1v1 towards the end), and there were a ton of nods and references to other predator material for nostalgia freaks.

really digging the IDF sniper chick too. pretty hot in a plain kind of way, lol.

DALAZ_68
07-12-2010, 08:32 AM
^sweet...probably anothe rmovie i wont get to watch in theaters...lol

conrad_s13.5
07-12-2010, 11:50 AM
they even had background music and sound credit music and lots of little things die-hards would notice!

i dug it!

***SPOILER***(highlight message)
holy shit at 1 on 1 samuri style fight!!!!!!!!!!
..and what did you guys think about the new "bigger" predators newly introduced. looked like a bug,...lol

FRpilot
07-12-2010, 07:05 PM
i thought the way the main character calls out the predator at the end was lame even though it was paying homage to the original film.

it was pretty good as a sequel to the first one. but the cast was not as good as the cast in predator 1 (who could beat the lineup). my biggest gripe was that half the characters being hunted weren't as badass as they claim to be. especially the looney prisoner, the doctor, and the silent yakuza.

i think it was a big better than predator 2, but the weaponry in predator 2 was awesome (the boomerang disc thing and the spear gun staff"

ESmorz
07-12-2010, 07:48 PM
. my biggest gripe was that half the characters being hunted weren't as badass as they claim to be.

the silent yakuza.

SPOILER

Mother fucker went toe to toe with one of the big boys and slayed it with a Katana. If that's not a bad ass, I don't know what is.

Honestly I thought the movie was great and I came in with huge expectations as a fan. It payed great homage to the original while being a new school movie. The only thing I didn't like was Fishburn's part. That was stupid, but overall necessary.

ZilviaKid
07-12-2010, 10:11 PM
it was an enjoyable flick

could have been longer with more cool species imo

510-SR20DET
07-13-2010, 02:13 AM
i got to watch it for free so im not tripping

fherjohn
07-13-2010, 03:01 AM
yakuza!!!!!

SRS BZNS
07-13-2010, 08:41 AM
I really agree with it being longer with more species. I wish the predators would have tracked and fucked with the people more than just straight up killing most of them in 20 minutes

S13E
07-13-2010, 11:28 AM
It's Five O Clock............

punxva
07-13-2010, 12:28 PM
It's Five O Clock............

Rape time... haha best line in the whole movie

sw20>>s14
07-13-2010, 01:31 PM

you dont know anything about anything......

hey, predators is still holding strong in the 60s with RT...thats saying A LOT already!!! might have to check it out this weekend...

TurboSE
07-13-2010, 03:05 PM
I'm not a comic or video game fan in any way, but my dad took me to see the original "Predator" when I was little and I've been hooked on the franchise ever since..

Things I liked/disliked (SPOILERS)

The new species...the "dogs" were cool...more like real hunters. I don't know about the things with the "roaches"...what were they? Coulda used some more explanation.

Fishburn saying he'd been there for 10 seasons...seemed like forever...but seeing the air-drop at the end of the movie makes it seem like he'd been there only a few weeks, maybe.

Fishburn's part, kinda needed...but a role that could've been wasted on one of the film's "lessor" actors.

The "new" Predators...after all these decades of Predators hunting and killing on Earth, we're supposed to believe that there's some kind of bigger/stronger Predator that's just been leaving us alone? To me that's like grizzly bears going to other planets to fish while we sit at home and watch TV.

The yakuza sword fight...epic.

Topher Grace goes from pussy to psycho in like 2 minutes time.

Not much use of the Predator's technology, they cloaked, they used shoulder cannons, and the mimic think where they use recorded voices.

Why don't any of them bounce around the trees or show the agility they showed in the first 2 movies?

All together, it was enjoyable and a good watch if you're a fan of sci-fi or the franchise.

Also, my amazing GF who works at the theater snagged a poster for me...prolly the coolest movie poster I've ever seen. She also got me in to see it at midnight the day it debuted...for free...I'm a lucky guy.

Slightly off-topic: I've played "Predator: Concrete Jungle" so many times I've almost burnt out my PS2 (told ya I'm not a gamer)...can anybody recommend any other Predator games?

tricky_ab
07-13-2010, 07:11 PM
I'm kinda torn and there's more movies that I'd like to watch a head of this one. I'll just pick it up once it drops on bluray.

conrad_s13.5
07-14-2010, 08:04 AM
check out AVP on 360 its a cool game!

FRpilot
07-14-2010, 11:26 PM
check out AVP on 360 its a cool game!

will check it out on pc. one of the few new games that utilizes microsoft direct x 11

ryan hagen
07-14-2010, 11:43 PM
doesnt he say the bigger predators are slower at some point? and from the sword age, it looks like the big ones just kidnap us to there rather than kill us on our planet

conrad_s13.5
07-15-2010, 08:17 AM
^ could be,.. if thats the case then they arent THAT random.
we safe to type freely yet or still put "spoiler"?.......lol

DALAZ_68
07-15-2010, 08:25 AM
give it like another week b4 u just post the spoiler without warning...i still wanna go watch it...lol

FRpilot
07-15-2010, 12:39 PM
doesnt he say the bigger predators are slower at some point? and from the sword age, it looks like the big ones just kidnap us to there rather than kill us on our planet

didn't remember he mentioned any origins of the two, but it would be interesting to see different types of predators or even a new movie to detail more of their planet and species. sort of like avatar.

reminds me of warcraft/starcraft where there are different factions/clans of humans, orcs, protoss, zergs, etc that just don't get along with each other, yet similar and different at the same time..

the big ones have to have some sort of disadvantage or pretty even with the classic predators or one of them would be extinct.

conrad_s13.5
07-15-2010, 01:28 PM
^ that whole avatar idea would be boss!.....if they could find someway to do it right.....lol
just my first couple thoughts of it would be funny.....like them taking, or little baby predators....hahhahaha

Kougeki
07-15-2010, 02:22 PM
I really don't wanna pay to see that movie. The Predator dogs kinda made it too silly for me. If they wanted to make AvP, it should have no human interaction. Just Aliens and Predators going at it. But for Predators, I just don't get it.

demonspeed
07-15-2010, 02:55 PM
gimmie about an hour and ill tell you how it is.....

2Slow40
07-15-2010, 03:09 PM
Why does everyone talk shit on Predator 2? That movie was fuckin badass. Yeah it had the corny 90's movie feel to it at some points but that's just a symbol of the times.

Predators was really good. I do wish they would have used more technology. The netgun and smart disk were really cool in Predator2. <nerd time>Though, i can see how the Predators wouldn't use the smart disk because they're hunting and the smart disk isn't seen as a honorable weapon. </nerd time>

conrad_s13.5
07-15-2010, 03:54 PM
I really don't wanna pay to see that movie. The Predator dogs kinda made it too silly for me. If they wanted to make AvP, it should have no human interaction. Just Aliens and Predators going at it. But for Predators, I just don't get it.

its not like the dogs had an important roll,.....highlight--> they were in it for a whole 5 mins.

and the whole avp thing couldnt have had any explanation on anything without humans. Neither of them really speak a language so it still would have been a "well that was cool,......but wtf" if they werent in it.......they were just the 'wrong place, wrong time' characters of the movie

FRpilot
07-15-2010, 04:18 PM
Why does everyone talk shit on Predator 2? That movie was fuckin badass. Yeah it had the corny 90's movie feel to it at some points but that's just a symbol of the times.

Predators was really good. I do wish they would have used more technology. The netgun and smart disk were really cool in Predator2. <nerd time>Though, i can see how the Predators wouldn't use the smart disk because they're hunting and the smart disk isn't seen as a honorable weapon. </nerd time>

those weapons from predator 2 were badass. i wish they showed more weapons in this new predator besides the standard shoulder cannon, clocking device, and wrist claw blade.

just like how the public who watches james bond and batman movies love to see the new gadgets they use in every new movie they come out with. sadly, no new weapons in this movie. even avp2 had the sticky lasers, big ass ninja star things, and the evidence concealing liquid.

silviaguy240
07-15-2010, 04:24 PM
saw it last saturday, was pretty good. wasnt really too interested in seeing it but went with some friends. two things that bothered me for those that saw it, the claymore scene and the grenades at the end, WHAT THE FUCK. not enough damage for one and way too much for the other.

Kougeki
07-15-2010, 04:28 PM
its not like the dogs had an important roll,.....highlight--> they were in it for a whole 5 mins.

and the whole avp thing couldnt have had any explanation on anything without humans. Neither of them really speak a language so it still would have been a "well that was cool,......but wtf" if they werent in it.......they were just the 'wrong place, wrong time' characters of the movie

The trailer has a scene with the dogs and that makes it seem like it's essential to the movie. They could make a movie with no human interaction. They just have to have subtitles for the first 5-10 minutes, then just dub over them with voice actors. My first pick would be the guy that made the Arbiter voice in Halo.

babyjesus
07-15-2010, 05:12 PM
whats Topher Grace's part?

aznpoopy
07-15-2010, 10:06 PM
a doctor for the group. *ahem*

awesome AVP is real simple. set it in the future, humans = colonial marines. done deal.

no more of this present day bullshit.

SRS BZNS
07-16-2010, 01:19 PM
I think a more serious AVP is in order. Like every predator alien nerd wants, set in space covering the origins of Predators AND Aliens. Some real good footage of the predator home world and as little human activity as possible. Predators have been at war with aliens for a long damn time now on the comic book side we need more of that or cover some of the predator tribe wars

demonspeed
07-16-2010, 03:15 PM
okay just got done seeing it....its...okay. I would put it as Predator1.5. Dont get me wrong, predator 2 was and still is the shit, but it wasnt focused enough for me.

as far as the dogs, i understand why they put them in, but it really wasnt necessary...and yes, the Yakuza vs predator fight was fucking awesome. I'm definitely buying this pm blu ray when it comes out.
**Spoiler Alert Kinda**
was it me, or was that chick supposed to be the same chick from the first movie??

8Nismo9
07-16-2010, 04:49 PM
okay just got done seeing it....its...okay. I would put it as Predator1.5. Dont get me wrong, predator 2 was and still is the shit, but it wasnt focused enough for me.

as far as the dogs, i understand why they put them in, but it really wasnt necessary...and yes, the Yakuza vs predator fight was fucking awesome. I'm definitely buying this pm blu ray when it comes out.
**Spoiler Alert Kinda**
was it me, or was that chick supposed to be the same chick from the first movie??
i agree with that,it also kinda gave it away when she talked about the debriefing.I also liked how it kept to some of the original roots

FRpilot
07-16-2010, 07:19 PM
not sure. i thought she's just a random new character

Kougeki
07-16-2010, 09:57 PM
Seriously, what does Topher do? I was expecting a camera shot of all of them in a circle getting high. And Morpheus... oh, Morpheus. And the begining, who do they thingk they are? Arnold in Eraser?!

FRpilot
07-17-2010, 12:38 PM
did you watch the movie? topher did nothing but play a psychopathic doctor. everyone in the group had their own background in violence and contributed their "experiences" in determining what they were there for and how they were being hunted. topher gave his expert input as a doctor, but most of the time he just tagged along, cried, and ran like a bitch.

bigbadberrys13
07-17-2010, 02:13 PM
Lame movie. /thread