PDA

View Full Version : weird and unique problem w/my SR

Frankyy
03-18-2010, 04:48 PM
so I did a turbo upgrade 3 weeks ago, I went full out basicly

heres my problem

over 5.5k RPM when under boost in excess of 5 psi it seems like theres a speed limiter but for a gear.. theres jsut no response to the gaz pedal and the boost completely dies within half a second, anything under is fine 15 psi @ 4.5k RPM no problem If I boost at 4 PSI, it will go to 6k RPM + on any gears( did not try 1 and 2 too risky)

rev limiter is set to 7.2k RPM
speed limiter set at 180km

so the problem is not with the ECU, all the settings have been checked over by a proffessional, he has never seen this problem occur tried a few things to solve it nothing helped. it started to happen before with stock ECU and stock injectors

my question is: is there some sort of over boost protector or an internal rev limiter, anything of that kind I don't know

buentellomma
03-18-2010, 09:45 PM
i could be wrong but i would have the ecu tuned for your mods... this happens to me from time to time

Frankyy
03-18-2010, 10:51 PM
i could be wrong but i would have the ecu tuned for your mods... this happens to me from time to time

ya tune is fine everything ECU related is fine, it was my fault, my stupidity, i removed the wire inside the stock intake piping, because it got loose and was making a rattle noise , now the soft ruber intake got warm and the suction squeezed the intake shut letting no air in

thanks alot

0wn3r
03-19-2010, 07:37 AM
what gear..

Frankyy
03-19-2010, 08:40 AM
what gear..

gears from 2-5, gear 1 doesn't make enough boost for the intake pipe to be squeezed

problem fixed though..

0wn3r
03-19-2010, 11:24 AM
gears from 2-5, gear 1 doesn't make enough boost for the intake pipe to be squeezed

problem fixed though..

what? this thread just went from bad to worse.

Frankyy
03-19-2010, 02:58 PM
what? this thread just went from bad to worse.

do you fail at reading?? my 3rd post I said I found and fixed the problem...

you asked a question I answered even thought it is fixed...