PDA

View Full Version : will a car pass inspection with the ABS light on?

BustedS13
03-18-2010, 01:57 PM
the check engine light is off, but the ABS light is on (on my CL, not any nissan product). it's being inspected right now. think it'll pass?

wh0aitznic0
03-18-2010, 02:21 PM
Yes. The Integra has had the ABS light on for YEARS and it passed inspection like that around this time last year.

Bubbles
03-18-2010, 02:25 PM
Inspection?

Last time I checked my name's Ron Burgundy.

BustedS13
03-18-2010, 04:02 PM
the answer: i don't know.
i take it in after dumping brake fluid all over the abs pump.
they fail safety because it looks like it's leaking.
the abs light mysteriously no longer comes on. it came on on my WAY to the mechanic.
i take the car and wash the engine bay.
they pass safety.
but emissions is reading "not ready", presumably because i haven't driven the car in three months. so now i have to go drive the car illegally with expired plates for like an hour or two so it'll read emissions.
i hate cars and scheister mechanics.

racepar1
03-18-2010, 06:09 PM
the answer: i don't know.
i take it in after dumping brake fluid all over the abs pump.
they fail safety because it looks like it's leaking.
the abs light mysteriously no longer comes on. it came on on my WAY to the mechanic.
i take the car and wash the engine bay.
they pass safety.
but emissions is reading "not ready", presumably because i haven't driven the car in three months. so now i have to go drive the car illegally with expired plates for like an hour or two so it'll read emissions.
i hate cars and scheister mechanics.

Or you could just NOT dump brake fluid all over the master cylinder. That seems like the best option to me. If that cannot be accomplished then washing the brake fluid off AFTER you spill it all over the place would be the acceptable solution. The emissions is reading "not ready" because someone either cleared the computer or disconnected the battery. OBD2 cars have emissions system monitors built into the car. When you clear the computer it clears the monitors and you are only allowed to have 2 monitors not completed for smog inspection or whatever. That is in cali, but it seems that you are subject to the same law in that particular instance.

BustedS13
03-18-2010, 10:15 PM
don't spill this, don't drift into telephone poles, okay fine MOM

racepar1
03-18-2010, 11:39 PM
don't spill this, don't drift into telephone poles, okay fine MOM

Hey now, I never said ANYTHING about drifting into telephone poles. That's fine as long as you film it for all of us to watch...

1_Bad_Silvia
03-19-2010, 01:32 AM
it should pass?

BustedS13
03-19-2010, 01:34 AM
i bought insurance just after midnight, so the policy isn't effective until saturday at midnight. anybody know if this means i can't actually register my car until saturday? because that'd just be another nail in my ballsack.

lflkajfj12123
03-19-2010, 12:52 PM
you can register it fine

driftn_silvia
03-19-2010, 01:20 PM
i bought insurance just after midnight, so the policy isn't effective until saturday at midnight. anybody know if this means i can't actually register my car until saturday? because that'd just be another nail in my ballsack.

did it have suspended registration? if so you can start the incomplete reg....the ins. co. has to send prove or electronically sent it...after is bout 48hr. they uplift the suspension.

BustedS13
03-19-2010, 01:29 PM
did it have suspended registration? if so you can start the incomplete reg....the ins. co. has to send prove or electronically sent it...after is bout 48hr. they uplift the suspension.

lol wut?
plates expired at the end of november, i was driving a different car at the time, now i want to drive that car again.
got my insurance, got my personal property tax shit, got my safety inspection.
drove the car for a hundred miles today attempting to get the emissions shit to "ready" itself. retested and got three "not ready" results instead of four. OH BOY.
i get to drive the car on the road illegally even more tomorrow, and then pay the dickhead shitface mechanic another 20 bucks to test it again, and it'll probably still fail, even though the car is in tip-top shape and would pass an ACTUAL emissions test (roller).
US DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION, A++++++ JOB, WOULD PAY TAXES AND FEES AGAIN

snappy
03-19-2010, 10:30 PM
I'm gonna use this thread to vent my frustrations as well... My car recently had no problems passing the emissions and all other tests except for the damn mother effin $#%^ suckin check engine light. I think if it isn't a gross polluter then who the eff cares if the check engine light comes on.

Just to clarify; California and states like CA need to stop being such dicks.
Sorry Busted, I feel your pain.

BustedS13
03-20-2010, 12:52 AM
it's 2am, and instead of going to bed, i'm driving to where my Acura is tucked away so i can cold start it and drive it around for a few minutes. thanks government