PDA

View Full Version : fatlace/illest?

TurboSE
03-17-2010, 10:22 AM
whats the deal? why is this stuff so sought after?

I'm not a "lifestyle" car guy, so maybe I missed something. Why is this stuff so "cool"?

Brian
03-17-2010, 10:24 AM
It just is.

Why is ANYTHING cool?

People make it cool.

TurboSE
03-17-2010, 10:29 AM
It just is.

Why is ANYTHING cool?

People make it cool.

as vague as that explanation is...I guess it's probably the best there is...I just don't understand people paying $10 for stickers and $20 for license plate frames.

I just don't understand people so eager to advertise on their car for a company that didn't that didn't contribute.

DUFFM4N
03-17-2010, 10:34 AM
why is the sky blue? it just is....it just is

BustedS13
03-17-2010, 10:41 AM
because
illest illest illest illest illest illest illest illest illest illest illest illest illest illest illest illest illest illest illest illest illest illest illest illest illest illest illest illest illest illest illest illest illest illest illest illest illest illest illest illest illest illest illest illest illest illest illest illest illest illest illest illest illest illest illest illest illest illest illest illest illest illest illest illest illest illest illest illest illest illest illest illest illest illest illest illest illest illest illest illest illest illest illest illest illest illest illest illest illest illest illest illest illest illest illest illest illest illest illest illest illest illest illest illest illest illest illest illest illest illest illest illest illest illest illest illest illest illest illest illest illest illest illest illest illest illest illest illest illest illest illest illest illest illest illest illest illest illest illest illest illest illest illest illest illest illest illest

Brian
03-17-2010, 10:45 AM
as vague as that explanation is...I guess it's probably the best there is...I just don't understand people paying $10 for stickers and $20 for license plate frames.

I just don't understand people so eager to advertise on their car for a company that didn't that didn't contribute.

It's just life.

People buy Nike shoes instead of Payless shoes.
People buy a Famous Stars and Strap shirt instead of a plain white one.

People eat "Frosted Flakes" instead of "Ralph's frosted cereal".

None of those brands are contributing to the buyer for their advertising.

tricky_ab
03-17-2010, 10:57 AM
^^Agreed!^^

lflkajfj12123
03-17-2010, 10:59 AM
because it says illest bro

ILLESTTTTTTTT MAN

gotta let everybody know

BlitzRPS13
03-17-2010, 10:59 AM
It's just life.

People buy Nike shoes instead of Payless shoes.
People buy a Famous Stars and Strap shirt instead of a plain white one.

People eat "Frosted Flakes" instead of "Ralph's frosted cereal".

None of those brands are contributing to the buyer for their advertising.

Hey speak for yourself Brian, I actually enjoy Ralph's frosted cereal on a regular basis.

Brian
03-17-2010, 11:07 AM
Pffff you are losing out on the TONY THE TIGER drawing.

ILoveMyRHS13
03-17-2010, 11:34 AM
LOL Ralph's frosted cereal.

Made with real frosting from Ralph himself!

BlitzRPS13
03-17-2010, 11:35 AM
Pffff you are losing out on the TONY THE TIGER drawing.

IT'S...alright.

TUnity2
03-17-2010, 11:38 AM
Because they are ill.

WISH ONE
03-17-2010, 11:51 AM
Illest or Dumbest... lol

mr_eh
03-17-2010, 12:13 PM
because some guys wanted to market... a website to draw people in to generate $ and got someone with a nice car to slap a decal on and then someone with a diff car said hey thats cool *slaps a sticker on* and so on and so forth...

FATLACE ILLEST FATLACE ILLEST FATLACE ILLEST FATLACE ILLEST FATLACE ILLEST FATLACE ILLEST FATLACE ILLEST FATLACE ILLEST FATLACE ILLEST FATLACE ILLEST FATLACE ILLEST FATLACE ILLEST FATLACE ILLEST FATLACE ILLEST FATLACE ILLEST

Matej
03-17-2010, 12:30 PM
http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x249/frd206/NewCamera/660627d9.jpg
http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e236/deathrace2000/Photo-0166.jpg

derux
03-17-2010, 12:43 PM
http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x249/frd206/NewCamera/660627d9.jpg

That is funny. I want one of these stickers

mrchomponthis
03-17-2010, 01:10 PM
Fatlace and illest in is a touchy subject for the supporters I believe. There is really no reason for this style or look its a form of expression I guess. Gives someone the thought they are in an exclusive group. Yet anyone can buy a sticker. The person or company who created these stickers is banking on people trying to be "unique" if you want to be unique build a car you like. Other things that I don't understand are; snow plow bumpers, crazy paint colors, wheels that are far too wide to be functional, dildo shift knobs, and anything you bought that had the cool jdm tyte brand when you wasted an extra x amount of dollars when you could buy a replica that's identical. Sorry if the punctuation is bad wrote this on the cellularrrrr

ILoveMyRHS13
03-17-2010, 01:23 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_1W1gF1axY9M/S5RJ7vcdtzI/AAAAAAAAAD8/kq7azHBne8A/s1600/IMG_0618.JPG

BustedS13
03-17-2010, 02:33 PM
wow. i want that fellahush one.

Shaminii
03-17-2010, 02:50 PM
Its trendy like the whole state of CA. I don't get the whole sticker thing either. I understand that fatlace sells clothes but nobody can ever explain to me what illest is other than it just sounds like a fancy word that could come from the dictionary. To me it just seems like a sticker company that sells stickers. I guess people just like the logo and feel the need to have that logo all over them to feel like they are a part of something. Either way, fatlace, hellaflush, and illest are all lame.

Brian
03-17-2010, 03:10 PM
Straight to the bank.

I guess banks are trendy.

NERV
03-17-2010, 03:28 PM
fellahush is awesome. Please sell me some.

I actually like Fatlace and all the stuff they do. I'm not from Cali nor live there but to me they're just cool peeps that like cars/fashion/design/streetculture. Its all about the branding/marketing though. The head guy knows what he's doing. They have lots of cool content on their site though. Plus the whole hellaflush movement gave a name to that style, so people follow. I'm probably not gonna rock their stickers but give them much respect, no hate from me.

C-unit
03-17-2010, 03:43 PM
^ fully agree. I am not into reping stickers for other people but no doubt they have some smart marketing skills.

and I thought Illest is for the Illinois peeps?? What's the point of rocking it if your not from there???

bboyoracle
03-17-2010, 03:52 PM
As someone mentioned before it just gave a "identity" to something we all follow.

I do enjoy their posts from time to time but this post.....

HELLAFLUSHâ„¢… Offset is Everything » T2Films X ASB (http://fatlace.com/hellaflush/theflushness/t2films-x-asb-2.html#comments)

...I cant support people that make light of a serious subject like drunk driving.

Brian
03-17-2010, 03:53 PM
Del has a song about drunk driving.

Homer_Simpson
03-17-2010, 04:04 PM
fellahush is awesome. Please sell me some.

+1, I'll buy two.

nrg
03-17-2010, 04:15 PM
one word: MARKETING

HyperTek
03-17-2010, 04:19 PM
its trendy

Xbroke_kidX
03-17-2010, 04:21 PM
I like to call it the Lemming effect.

svensko
03-17-2010, 04:30 PM
Because most 240 owners are in high school and care how the general public perceives them.

pignose4life
03-17-2010, 04:46 PM
a few threads down theres a fixed gear bike thread im pretty sure everyone in there should be able to help out

ESone3
03-17-2010, 04:53 PM
iLL Garage WHUT!!!!! What?

ZenkiCam
03-17-2010, 05:18 PM
Because most 240 owners are in high school and care how the general public perceives them.

motherfucking right.

i want that silliest sticker so bad. im not gonna lie, i used to be into the whole trends thing. do my own thing now.

Brian
03-17-2010, 05:22 PM
motherfucking right.

i want that silliest sticker so bad. im not gonna lie, i used to be into the whole trends thing. do my own thing now.

So now you want to hop onto the anti-trend trend and get the other sticker.

Brian
03-17-2010, 05:23 PM

Because most people are people and care how the general public perceives them.

ZenkiCam
03-17-2010, 05:27 PM

ya brah. cause its silly y0

Brian
03-17-2010, 05:28 PM
ya brah. cause its silly y0

hey man, no hate here.

Do your thing.

:boink::boink::boink::boink::boink::boink::boink:

tricky_ab
03-17-2010, 05:29 PM
This thread delivers! BTW, I don't get the hate on the brand in general...

lflkajfj12123
03-17-2010, 05:31 PM
It's not so much the brand... Its more about the people reping the brand.

wangan_cruiser
03-17-2010, 05:35 PM
i think its personal choice. they want to rep it so be it.

u dont want to then dont.

KoukiMonsta
03-17-2010, 05:36 PM
It's not so much the brand... Its more about the people reping the brand.

yes this.

msgmsgmsgmsg

ZenkiCam
03-17-2010, 05:36 PM
its the attitude that comes from the people repping the brand more like it. it just reeks of elitism, even though anyone can possess it.

iROYAL
03-17-2010, 05:46 PM

LOL This is the post of today. There's the bandwagon and the anti-bandwagon bandwagon. Lose-lose situation in the eyes of the neutral party. :(

Touge Noob S13
03-17-2010, 05:52 PM
Is it just me or are all the Fatlace haters outside of California? Wait I was right, that one guy is from "jawja".

iwishiwas-all*
03-17-2010, 06:24 PM
most of the people who will "hate" on such trends are people who cant be apart of such for what ever reason ; monitary, stylistic, personal preference, retardation or others.
There are some who just dont associate with trends in general, god bless you, you are a better man then I.
Some people may just not associate such because they are the pioneer of their own trends, whatever they may be.

BUT WAIT!
you own a 240sx!
you do associate yourself with trends to begin with! You bought into a piece of crap falling apart pos of a car, (like the one I own, how beautiful it may be it still blows) and follow what everyone on this site does to their car and try to do the same to yours.

The reason why you are soo fucked over this illest-fatlace shit, which I like the style they push, not so much the branding behind it, is because you have determined you cannot associate yourself with it, because of the reasons I listed above. Most likely you are a broke ass, your car is flat black and 4lug, tails are blown out, and your windows have different shades of tint, BUT GOD DAMMIT YOU GOT YOUR SR20DET!

If you build your car wisely, and spend appropriately, you may have a nice, clean respectable car, which such illest/fatlace shit seems to associate with. But you didnt, you blew cock and now are screaming bloody murder because as much as you want to do what you see, you cant, so you hate.

Dont worry, its quite normal, we all do it. we all associate with some trends here or there, you are lying to yourself and us if you say you dont. I personally dont think lambo doors and 5zigens are fashionable, but if you want to rock it, go ahead, you aint gonna see me hating.

ManoNegra
03-17-2010, 06:37 PM
i like looking at nice kitted, painted, flush cars
but definitely think they're not practical and sometimes downright dumb
I can appreciate those type of builds though
it seems to me that a lot of kids go out of their way to go into debt and make ill financial decisions
just to live up to that 'lifestyle' though and that's sad really
oh well, one is only young and naive once....
then you get old and naive

Matej
03-17-2010, 06:41 PM
Someone once called me a 'HellaFlush bandwagon fanboy.'
Then they proceeded to make fun of the word 'hella.'

I did not know how to respond. :(

turbo2nr
03-17-2010, 06:54 PM
its so you can take pics like this with your 240sx duhh:

http://i41.tinypic.com/152dl5c.jpg

i think its more about attitude.. and how you see your self and your vehicle..

C-unit
03-17-2010, 07:23 PM
most of the people who will "hate" on such trends are people who cant be apart of such for what ever reason ; monitary, stylistic, personal preference, retardation or others.
There are some who just dont associate with trends in general, god bless you, you are a better man then I.
Some people may just not associate such because they are the pioneer of their own trends, whatever they may be.

BUT WAIT!
you own a 240sx!
you do associate yourself with trends to begin with! You bought into a piece of crap falling apart pos of a car, (like the one I own, how beautiful it may be it still blows) and follow what everyone on this site does to their car and try to do the same to yours.

The reason why you are soo fucked over this illest-fatlace shit, which I like the style they push, not so much the branding behind it, is because you have determined you cannot associate yourself with it, because of the reasons I listed above. Most likely you are a broke ass, your car is flat black and 4lug, tails are blown out, and your windows have different shades of tint, BUT GOD DAMMIT YOU GOT YOUR SR20DET!

If you build your car wisely, and spend appropriately, you may have a nice, clean respectable car, which such illest/fatlace shit seems to associate with. But you didnt, you blew cock and now are screaming bloody murder because as much as you want to do what you see, you cant, so you hate.

Dont worry, its quite normal, we all do it. we all associate with some trends here or there, you are lying to yourself and us if you say you dont. I personally dont think lambo doors and 5zigens are fashionable, but if you want to rock it, go ahead, you aint gonna see me hating.

LOL, quite true but I still believe the one who is not really into repping whoever(not necessary haters) are one of those type you describe.

I don't really think I drive a pos nor falling apart car but that doesn't mean I want to join someone else's bandwagon. I always believe modifying your car is just to satisfy yourself and not give a shxt what the general public thinks. I am not hating on the people who are repping for illest/fatlace and I am sure they are bunch of cool guys. I do however think who doesn't follow the trend are not necessay a loser or minority.

9s13Coupe3SX
03-17-2010, 07:33 PM

http://i41.tinypic.com/152dl5c.jpg

uh...ok??? Mind you go more into detail with that? What does attitude has anything to do with you taking pictures of your car with a illest frame? More like ignorance..lol.

Like what everyone stated...its just a trend, nothing to do with attitude .

mrchomponthis
03-17-2010, 07:35 PM
so your car is a pos if your 4 lug, stock body, and have og paint? i guess that means my car is a POS... haha and damn its stance is functional?!?!?! how lame right? And did i almost forget i don't have 50mm spacers damnnnit.

BUT WAIT!
you own a 240sx!

Touge Noob S13
03-17-2010, 07:54 PM

BUT WAIT!
you own a 240sx!

Found the guy you were talking about iwishiwas-all*

Fatlace and illest in is a touchy subject for the supporters I believe. There is really no reason for this style or look its a form of expression I guess. Gives someone the thought they are in an exclusive group. Yet anyone can buy a sticker. The person or company who created these stickers is banking on people trying to be "unique" if you want to be unique build a car you like. Other things that I don't understand are; snow plow bumpers, crazy paint colors, wheels that are far too wide to be functional, dildo shift knobs, and anything you bought that had the cool jdm tyte brand when you wasted an extra x amount of dollars when you could buy a replica that's identical. Sorry if the punctuation is bad wrote this on the cellularrrrr

dat411kid
03-17-2010, 08:16 PM
I like the style....I like what the brand represents, and I like what there doing for the car scene...With car exposure, event hosting and car shows.....So in return I rock thier sticker to show my support....

VROOOM
03-17-2010, 08:30 PM
i want to be cool, where do i get one of these?

TurboSE
03-17-2010, 08:31 PM
I never knew this thread would garner so much attention. I got the answer I expected "because, just because." I'm not hating, I just don't feel the need to rep my clothes on my car...maybe I'll slap a Jockey sticker on my bumper.

If you have to display your attitude with a sticker, it's not really your attitude is it.

Regarding the post that says "Because you own a 240, you follow trends", not all of us bought our cars after seeing Tokyo Drift.

carry on ladies and gentlemen

iwishiwas-all*
03-17-2010, 08:35 PM
honey buns, most of us didnt buy our cars after tokyo drift, hahaah i tried selling mine after.

ZilviaKid
03-17-2010, 08:35 PM

yeah keep believing that bumper sticker and license frame gives you attitude.

you bought right into their shit.

how you see yourself and your car?

lmao!!!

khilgers
03-17-2010, 08:39 PM
they now have super cool chrome badges. Yeah, I'm still not buying it.

http://fatlace.3dcartstores.com/assets/images/accessories/illestemblems.jpg

iROYAL
03-17-2010, 08:44 PM
What comes up must come down. It'll just be another sticker you see on cars, just like this one. Appreciate if you want, hate if you like. It's not like it's going to make a difference.

http://www.nbaloud.com/userimages/user1195_1152781808.jpg

Taniguchi_Is_#1
03-17-2010, 08:49 PM
in soviet russia, retards are full of zilvia.net.

Shaminii
03-17-2010, 09:00 PM
Many silly post to be had (those who don't rep have busted 4 lug 240s and its all about attitude, style, image).

What happen to having to just having nice fitting wheels without it having it be a trend or the cool thing to do in the first place or what my impression of the posts on here "illest/fatlace" style?

Can somebody tell me what 'illest' is or it still just a fancy sticker that many people are buying through marketing tactics?

PandahZ650
03-17-2010, 09:16 PM
Can somebody tell me what 'illest' is or it still just a fancy sticker that many people are buying through marketing tactics?

illest is kinda like the word dope and means things like The maddest, sickest, best shit, the tightest, the best, or the sickest.

Fries
03-17-2010, 10:17 PM
I thought it was a group of dudes with good looking cars and people who support the brand/style of built vehicles.

I could be wrong.

It sounds like envy. If you build your car to your on liking and it doesnt fit into the illest/fatlace style [whatever that may be] then make your own sticker.

Maybe you don't need a sticker. A broke down car doesnt need a sticker to say "drift slut" or "I'm broke" and a well built car doesn't need a sticker to say "well built" or "I care more about looking good than driving".
Its just a sticker and people will judge your vehicle before they start looking for vinyl.

FaLKoN240
03-17-2010, 10:18 PM
You guys all fucking SUCK.

It's a hip hop reference.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/SuXJWL0nul8&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/SuXJWL0nul8&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

The reason it's so big is because Mark has contributed to the scene, by hosting events (drift and show), building a brand, and coming up with original ideas and designs.

No one makes, creates, or designs something for EVERYONE to like. If a lot of people like it, it's called SUCCESS.

There's always going to be haters.

Hating is a trend that goes along with success, you guys all think it's SO stupid, but so many people follow/like it, and you guys get your jollies hating on it, which is fine too.

There's always going to be someone trying to bring down someone doing well.

Mark is a really cool down to earth and friendly guy. But I'm sure he knows not everyone likes his ideas/designs and I'm sure he doesn't give a shit.

He's doing his thing and doing it right. I'm sure he'll eventually he'll design something even the haters will like eventually, just a matter of time.

ESone3
03-17-2010, 10:34 PM
You young bucks!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIVVVL0Ger8

too old to embed video I guess

NERV
03-17-2010, 10:38 PM
You guys all fucking SUCK.

It's a hip hop reference.

haha, I'm actually surprised at how many of you guys dont know that ILLEST is a hiphop reference.

Honestly, I don't understand why some of you guys hate it so much. Its just something that someone is doing, and others want to participate. Seems some of you are just wanting to find a reason to not like it just because a lot of people do.

I wouldn't call all his ideas original, but definitely well made and thought out. I like checking out the cars on the site and the designs are usually pretty cool for the most part. I always look forward to see new posts there, even the ones that aren't automotive related. Some of you guys need to chill though, no need for drama, its just people doing stuff that they find fun, thats all.

Still need a few fellahush stickers though, thanks

tricky_ab
03-17-2010, 10:52 PM
I didn't think it would take this long for people to get were it came from...oh well (People need to step up to the classics)...

Someone once called me a 'HellaFlush bandwagon fanboy.'
Then they proceeded to make fun of the word 'hella.'

I did not know how to respond. :(

Punch them in the throat?

ESone3
03-17-2010, 10:56 PM
One more to make me feel older

YouTube - Mecca Graphics (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAArn8ot9c4)

Most, maybe all of you guys probably don't know that Fatlace/HellaFlush started out as Mecca Graphics/360 Video back in the mid 90's. Mark was one of the first to sell vinyl car stickers when NO one was doing it, and 360 with the car video's.

TurboSE
03-17-2010, 10:57 PM
haha, I'm actually surprised at how many of you guys dont know that ILLEST is a hiphop reference.

Honestly, I don't understand why some of you guys hate it so much. Its just something that someone is doing, and others want to participate. Seems some of you are just wanting to find a reason to not like it just because a lot of people do.

I wouldn't call all his ideas original, but definitely well made and thought out. I like checking out the cars on the site and the designs are usually pretty cool for the most part. I always look forward to see new posts there, even the ones that aren't automotive related. Some of you guys need to chill though, no need for drama, its just people doing stuff that they find fun, thats all.

Still need a few fellahush stickers though, thanks

I don't hate it, I just didn't understand why the stuff was such a big seller, didn't know if i was missing something...

svensko
03-17-2010, 11:08 PM
When I see a 240 riddled with ridiculous stickers, I can only think to myself "Holy shit, I wonder what their credit card debt is like."

If you're going to mold your life to fulfill some image so that you can impress others (although I'm sure the zip-tied bumpers do that for you already) then expect to be picked on. Most people grew out of this during their transition from high school to undergraduate. Clearly, not everyone did.

reyes23
03-17-2010, 11:40 PM
hahaha FUCK YEA ,,FALKON240=KNOWS WHATS UP
+1 FOR U SIR

Gnnr
03-17-2010, 11:41 PM

Wow. Before you go making shit up why don't you research. As far as I know Mark has been heavy into the car culture scene from waaaay back.

You people sound like Kanye West with all the whining and bitching thats going on here.

Its just a name.

Just like JimmyUP, RiskyDevil, JDM Ego, dorkidori, etc. People support them because they like the people behind it.

mrchomponthis
03-17-2010, 11:48 PM
I'd say most people who run these stickers have no idea who Mark is or what he's about or why he ever started this fad. More power to the guy for making money of tool academies.

ericcastro
03-18-2010, 12:04 AM
I dont like any of it.
i dont dislike any of it.

My car is not my lifestyle, its something i have fun in on the weekends.

I just look at stuff like this as things for the younger dudes.
15-19.
When everything is so important and shit.

As you grow up, you tend to move on to things that do matter, and this stuff goes away along with your baggy clothes/tight jeans.

Good that the dude can sit here and make money with little effort.
Guess its all in the font.

Tearlessj
03-18-2010, 12:05 AM
Because it makes me cool as fcuk.

BustedS13
03-18-2010, 12:19 AM
Just like JimmyUP, RiskyDevil, JDM Ego, dorkidori, etc. People support them because they like the people behind it.

isn't risky devil ACTUALLY A CAR CLUB? everything else you mentioned just sells stickers of their name.

lflkajfj12123
03-18-2010, 12:31 AM
I'd say most people who run these stickers have no idea who Mark is or what he's about or why he ever started this fad. More power to the guy for making money of tool academies.

yeah this

everyone just sees illest and doesnt see anything behind it or marks work

TurboSE
03-18-2010, 12:33 AM
Wow. Before you go making shit up why don't you research. As far as I know Mark has been heavy into the car culture scene from waaaay back.

You people sound like Kanye West with all the whining and bitching thats going on here.

Its just a name.

Wow...you need to relax...how many people with fatlace/illest stickers have received any help with their build from said company...prolly less than 1%.

I'm glad the company contributes to the "scene"...but he hasn't done anything for me or my car...so I don't see the need to rock his stickers.

ZenkiCam
03-18-2010, 12:36 AM
When I see a 240 riddled with ridiculous stickers, I can only think to myself "Holy shit, I wonder what their credit card debt is like."

If you're going to mold your life to fulfill some image so that you can impress others (although I'm sure the zip-tied bumpers do that for you already) then expect to be picked on. Most people grew out of this during their transition from high school to undergraduate. Clearly, not everyone did.

I dont like any of it.
i dont dislike any of it.

My car is not my lifestyle, its something i have fun in on the weekends.

I just look at stuff like this as things for the younger dudes.
15-19.
When everything is so important and shit.

As you grow up, you tend to move on to things that do matter, and this stuff goes away along with your baggy clothes/tight jeans.

Good that the dude can sit here and make money with little effort.
Guess its all in the font.

i like the way both of you think. pretty much summed up my whole stand point on it. hell i used to rep it. guess i grew out of it. only stickers i got on my car now are my shiny Tail of the dragon, dragon stickers :D

and its definitely the font. the graphic design part of it is the reason it got big.

Gnnr
03-18-2010, 12:54 AM
isn't risky devil ACTUALLY A CAR CLUB? everything else you mentioned just sells stickers of their name.

What I'm saying is that its a name people support. But yeah, you're right...

Wow...you need to relax...how many people with fatlace/illest stickers have received any help with their build from said company...prolly less than 1%.

I'm glad the company contributes to the "scene"...but he hasn't done anything for me or my car...so I don't see the need to rock his stickers.

I'm saying dont' make assumptions. I agree, you don't have to buy anything. This is America.

TurboSE
03-18-2010, 01:32 AM
What I'm saying is that its a name people support. But yeah, you're right...

I'm saying dont' make assumptions. I agree, you don't have to buy anything. This is America.

What did I assume? I said I don't see why someone would do something...there's no assumption there...I was stating my opinion. Thanks for agreeing though, your approval means a lot to me.

C-unit
03-18-2010, 01:37 AM
So apparently those who rock the stickers thinks the one who doesn't are haters now?? jezz

No one is hating on the one who rep them, you guys need to chill...

4DOOR_LIFE
03-18-2010, 01:41 AM
i wonder where the idea came for the font

Titleist.com - Titleist Official Site: learn about Titleist golf balls, golf clubs and accessories (http://www.titleist.com/)

TurboSE
03-18-2010, 01:45 AM
So apparently those who rock the stickers thinks the one who doesn't are haters now?? jezz

No one is hating on the one who rep them, you guys need to chill...

I'm not trying to hate...building a car is a great act of self-expression and personal style. Doing anything to your car because of someone else's opinion takes away from that. Stickers, no stickers...do what feels right to you...

I just wanted to know what fatlace contributes...they contribute to events and whatnot...very cool, question answered.

TurboSE
03-18-2010, 01:48 AM
in soviet russia, retards are full of zilvia.net.

PS - this is just f'in hilarious...how many Zilvians do you think actually remember Yakov?

B Love
03-18-2010, 01:53 AM
You guys are taking it wayyyy to seriously. Its a sticker. Plus if you dont even understand the meaning of the word or what its about you will never get it its not a childish thing or something you just grow out of. People are over thinking it too much and im sure dude who owns fatlace and what not is swag surfin right past you :coold:

BustedS13
03-18-2010, 02:04 AM
PS - this is just f'in hilarious...how many Zilvians do you think actually remember Yakov?

i have SEEN Yakov live. BRANSON, MOTHERFUCKER.
the WORST vacation your parents will ever plan, or win somehow.

ayuaddict
03-18-2010, 02:11 AM
They are nice people.

If they were still a tiny company getting their name out, i would put a sticker on my car or something to help get the name out.

now, i don't see the point. So i place the stickers they give me on less tacky places such as my tool box or computer.

Not a big deal.

Kamburrito
03-18-2010, 03:12 AM
i like herrafrush, fatlace, illest. its pretty dope, and i like their clothing designs.

FaLKoN240
03-18-2010, 05:44 AM

Why the fuck would you expect a small company to do shit for you? Who are you? What do they have to gain from helping you?

I don't understand a post like this, you sound like someone who believes they are born entitled to/ for something.

They give the stickers away or sell bundles of them for cheap.

If assholes are RESELLING them for hella money and fuckers are dumb enough to pay. That's not Fatlace's fault.

smelly240
03-18-2010, 05:54 AM
think of it as just a clothing line thats hip to car trend... that is all.

!Zar!
03-18-2010, 06:03 AM
You all who are bitching and complaining sound like a bunch of kids throwing a temper-tantrum for no real purpose.

Fatlace is a lifestyle of someone. A vision of what Mark/his friends are into. It branched out and has become quite successful in the scale of such a small business.

The people who have the stickers on their car can have it for different reasons. Some might have it because they like the design, while others like it because they can identify with the things that Mark and others are into.

Fatlace isn't about being hella flush or fitted out in clothes. It is pretty much a lifestyle of which can envelop many different things. Most people are into car, clothing, music, art, food, ect. If Mark was into lamps, damn straight there would be a Fatlace lamp.

He is just sharing what he is into and many people are into it and identify.

So all you people who are hating are doing so because either you don't understand the logistics behind it, or you are being closed minded.

Fatlace/Mark hasn't caused you any harm, so why all the hate?

svensko
03-18-2010, 08:26 AM
I think the major disconnect between the two groups here involve also how they view their car. The Illest/FatLace people see their car as a form of expression and as a lifestyle. The rest of us see it as a fun toy that we play with when we have time. Someone feel free to correct me.

TurboSE
03-18-2010, 09:09 AM
Why the fuck would you expect a small company to do shit for you? Who are you? What do they have to gain from helping you?

I don't understand a post like this, you sound like someone who believes they are born entitled to/ for something.

They give the stickers away or sell bundles of them for cheap.

If assholes are RESELLING them for hella money and fuckers are dumb enough to pay. That's not Fatlace's fault.

I don't expect them to do anything for me, but if they didn't give me anything, sold me parts, discounted shipping, valuable info/opinions...then why would I help them. "Oh wow, free stickers....sweet, don't see those everyday."

Thanks for the rant, and missing the point of my thread...I wasn't suggesting it is Fatlace's fault, I was merely asking what made them so highly sought after.

FaLKoN240
03-18-2010, 09:17 AM
They're not mailing out the stickers internationally. You get the stickers if you buy something from them. So most likely you won't have a sticker unless you're interested in their product.

It's like Twitter. You wouldn't follow someone you're not interested in. Just like you wouldn't have Twitter unless you were interested in it.

Taniguchi_Is_#1
03-18-2010, 09:17 AM
i don't get free things or valuable info for wearing the clothing i do, driving the car i do, going to the school i do, eating the food i do, etc, but i still do it because i want to. if you don't want to put a sticker on your car, i'm sure mark arcenal won't take it personally. fuggedaboutit.

TurboSE
03-18-2010, 09:21 AM
They're not mailing out the stickers internationally. You get the stickers if you buy something from them. So most likely you won't have a sticker unless you're interested in their product.

It's like Twitter. You wouldn't follow someone you're not interested in. Just like you wouldn't have Twitter unless you were interested in it.

I get that, but if the only people with the stickers are the ones buying their stuff...then why are people so eager to pay $10 for a sticker that was free? Just wondering what made it so special. My question has been answered...thank you.

FaLKoN240
03-18-2010, 09:33 AM
People paying for free stuff makes no sense to me.

But they do run out of certain designs and move on to the next ones.

It's a seasonal clothing thing.

!Zar!
03-18-2010, 09:42 AM
I don't expect them to do anything for me, but if they didn't give me anything, sold me parts, discounted shipping, valuable info/opinions...then why would I help them. "Oh wow, free stickers....sweet, don't see those everyday."

Thanks for the rant, and missing the point of my thread...I wasn't suggesting it is Fatlace's fault, I was merely asking what made them so highly sought after.
Since when do people/businesses HAVE to hook you up some how?
I do not expect you to like something you don't.

Do you see me starting threads about how so many people have JimmyUP stickers/shirts, no. But the basis of my argument is not and can not be, 'oh, well if they don't give me free stuff and what not, fuck them'. That is a horrible reason.

Fatlace is more than just a sticker company. Think of the stickers like a happymeal.
Don't hate on the people who like their happymeal toys.

I get that, but if the only people with the stickers are the ones buying their stuff...then why are people so eager to pay $10 for a sticker that was free? Just wondering what made it so special. My question has been answered...thank you.

Honestly, I have no idea why people are willing to spend $10 on like a sticker or two.

If you looked in one of, 'that sellers' threads you would see even I said WTF.
I have a bunch of various Fatlace things.

My personal reason? Because Mark and everyone who helps him out is a personal friend of mine. So to me, I enjoy all the support he is getting.

NERV
03-18-2010, 12:15 PM
I don't hate it, I just didn't understand why the stuff was such a big seller, didn't know if i was missing something...

Oh no doubt. Wasn't referring to you when I was talking about hate though, its all good. Lots of other dudes here just love the rag on shit though, lol.

Brian
03-18-2010, 12:24 PM
FATLACE

illest

Taniguchi_Is_#1
03-18-2010, 12:26 PM
ǝɔɐ1\ʇɐɟ

ʇsǝ\11ı

wh0aitznic0
03-18-2010, 12:46 PM
El Oh El.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v93/Chrome345/6fhaxc6.jpg

XeroX
03-18-2010, 01:00 PM
Lol you mostly were able to get illest stickers by sending a SASE....this was back in april 09 or something, but...yea....they were def free even without having purchased anything lol...

TurboSE
03-18-2010, 01:16 PM
Since when do people/businesses HAVE to hook you up some how?
I do not expect you to like something you don't.

Do you see me starting threads about how so many people have JimmyUP stickers/shirts, no. But the basis of my argument is not and can not be, 'oh, well if they don't give me free stuff and what not, fuck them'. That is a horrible reason.

Fatlace is more than just a sticker company. Think of the stickers like a happymeal.
Don't hate on the people who like their happymeal toys.

Honestly, I have no idea why people are willing to spend $10 on like a sticker or two.

If you looked in one of, 'that sellers' threads you would see even I said WTF.
I have a bunch of various Fatlace things.

My personal reason? Because Mark and everyone who helps him out is a personal friend of mine. So to me, I enjoy all the support he is getting.

They don't HAVE to hook me up...I don't HAVE to rep their company. I rep the people who do...Zerolift I ordered a lot of stuff, cut me a break on shipping, and some tech support, I'll pay to put their sticker on my car. Rawbrokerage.com helped me with tech support and shipping when I placed a big order, I'll pay to put their sticker on my car. If McDonalds gave me free cheese burgers for life, I'd prolly put their sticker on my car, but I'm not going out of my way for someone that won't go out of their way for me.

Horrible or not, it's my reason. I'm not here to argue why I won't rock their stickers.

I've been to the Fatlace site, they have some cool gear and I have no doubt Mark is a cool guy and very active in the community. If someday that effects me, I'll jump in line for a sticker.

Brian
03-18-2010, 01:18 PM
Cool stickers are just as important as a cool paintjob and wheels.

ILoveMyRHS13
03-18-2010, 01:20 PM
Needs to be reiterated.

Brian
03-18-2010, 01:21 PM
Needs to be reiterated.

Truth be told.

NERV
03-18-2010, 01:30 PM
They don't HAVE to hook me up...I don't HAVE to rep their company. I rep the people who do...Zerolift I ordered a lot of stuff, cut me a break on shipping, and some tech support, I'll pay to put their sticker on my car. Rawbrokerage.com helped me with tech support and shipping when I placed a big order, I'll pay to put their sticker on my car. If McDonalds gave me free cheese burgers for life, I'd prolly put their sticker on my car, but I'm not going out of my way for someone that won't go out of their way for me.

Horrible or not, it's my reason. I'm not here to argue why I won't rock their stickers.

I've been to the Fatlace site, they have some cool gear and I have no doubt Mark is a cool guy and very active in the community. If someday that effects me, I'll jump in line for a sticker.

At the end of the day its just branding. Just like people wear Nike logo T-shirts, or them stupid Aeropaste shirts, shit like that. Fatlace is a brand about cool stuff. Of course people want to be cool, so they rock them stickies and Tee's.

Touge Noob S13
03-18-2010, 01:58 PM
At the end of the day its just branding. Just like people wear Nike logo T-shirts, or them stupid Aeropaste shirts, shit like that. Fatlace is a brand about cool stuff. Of course people want to be cool, so they rock them stickies and Tee's.

I want to see EVA Unit-01 with a Fatlace sticker on it.

svensko
03-18-2010, 02:14 PM

Which brings us back to my highschooler hypothesis.

wh0aitznic0
03-18-2010, 02:19 PM
I want to see EVA Unit-01 with a Fatlace sticker on it.

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w95/wh0aitznic0/EvaUnit01and00fatlace.jpg

Bubbles
03-18-2010, 02:20 PM
You really think Brian likes paintjobs and wheels so that he can impress people?

The friends I actually care about couldn't pick out Work wheels, you think I'm going to do it to impress random people I don't care about?

Brian
03-18-2010, 02:22 PM
Which brings us back to my highschooler hypothesis.

Life is a fashion show. Life itself is about outdoing the next guy and showing off your things.

That's life.

Amen.

TheRonTom31
03-18-2010, 02:29 PM
The stickers work good to cover cracks on aero. lol

sparkyS13
03-18-2010, 02:32 PM
it just is

1eightySX
03-18-2010, 04:16 PM
think of it as just a clothing line thats hip to car trend... that is all.

That is probably the best thing I have read in this thread so far. Kind of like a Skateboarder wearing DCshoes back in the day. It is a brand for a lifestyle... to some degree.

!Zar!
03-18-2010, 04:22 PM
Except he was into cars before he started the clothing store.

BustedS13
03-18-2010, 04:25 PM
That is probably the best thing I have read in this thread so far. Kind of like a Skateboarder wearing DCshoes back in the day.

except they're skate shoes. they're an actual product that you use to perform an activity.
this is more like a skateboarder having a DC sports sticker, but not owning anything made by DC, because, in this alternate universe, DC DOES NOT MAKE ANYTHING but STICKERS.

Matej
03-18-2010, 04:31 PM
Hypebeast Autoworks.

fckillerbee
03-18-2010, 04:36 PM
I don't have one of the stickers...can I have one? I'll put it on the new windshield I get.

I read half a page...and all I hear is cry cry cry.

and for the record....for mr mcdonald and his sticker problem....instead of NOT helping your community, why don't you REPRESENT what this industry has to offer, and help someone out!

Does it hurt you to help someone else?

cdvr-s13
03-18-2010, 04:48 PM
I love seeing hondas with illest stickers.

yeah fwd and a 170whp is the shit brah

FaLKoN240
03-18-2010, 04:51 PM
I love seeing hondas with illest stickers.

yeah fwd and a 170whp is the shit brah

That's pretty fast to me. :)

ayuaddict
03-18-2010, 04:56 PM
holy shit.

170whp is kind of a lot.

but whats that gotta do with stickers?

Brian
03-18-2010, 04:57 PM
Stickers help to increase the good looks of the fast car.

!Zar!
03-18-2010, 05:00 PM
Stickers are like jewelry.

Matej
03-18-2010, 05:05 PM
Sticker economy.

Stick market trading.

TurboSE
03-18-2010, 05:32 PM
I don't have one of the stickers...can I have one? I'll put it on the new windshield I get.

I read half a page...and all I hear is cry cry cry.

and for the record....for mr mcdonald and his sticker problem....instead of NOT helping your community, why don't you REPRESENT what this industry has to offer, and help someone out!

Does it hurt you to help someone else?

I have no problem helping...those that are willing to help others.

Fatlace
03-18-2010, 05:39 PM
firstoff, I Heart BH.

Most of you guys are right. I do things I'm really into and many times they've happened to be before a trend. It's not like I'm putting advertising dollars against it, I just do it. Like the guy who said if I was into lamps, I'd come out with a lamp line. Fatlace is all about the culture that surrounds us. Before it was everything that was around me but now, its about the people that make up Fatlace. (The bloggers on the site, the people that make shit happen on the daily.) It's why we have fun doing the things we do. The sticker thing is a phenomenon I can't even comprehend but appreciate it.

Here's a story...
A few years ago (2006), we were headed to get some dinner with the "godfather of Japanese Street Culture", Hiroshi Fujiwara. (please google him if you don't know who he is but he's behind many brands like Bape, Head Porter, Fenom, etc). Hanging out with Hiroshi you learn alot and I'm very honored to be his friend cause he is one of the reasons why I love working. If many of you dont know, I'm a work-a-holic. You can catch me anytime of the day online as my brain doesn't stop working. ANYWAYS, while we were at dinner, (btw, Hiroshi is a HUGE car nerd which also is the reason why we hang. Most of our conversations are about transportation) I stopped to ask Hiroshi how he connects with the youth being he's a bit older than many of the people that support him. His answer was real simple.. If you're into what you're into, like really into it and you show that passion, then you shouldn't have to worry about anyone.

If that doesn't make sense to anyone, then it might just be me but we like to do things cause we're really into those things. We aren't a skate team nor are we professional drifters. We just love to do those things that we love doing.

again, BH is my hero. I cannot wait to get to ASB and drift this year.

Brian
03-18-2010, 05:45 PM
KEEP doin' it.

KEEP IT UP.

KEEP the dream alive.

FATLACE

illest

ZilviaKid
03-18-2010, 05:59 PM
{Citation Needed}

lol

ThatGuy
03-18-2010, 07:29 PM
Explanation given, waste of space Thread is over.

:lockd: