PDA

View Full Version : DEFTONES- DIAMOND EYES MAY 22nd

jimmytango00
03-16-2010, 10:36 PM
I seriously cant wait for this shit to drop. I've been a deftones fan since I was 12yrs old and i've loved everything they've done since. This album is truly going to be amazing from the little i've heard.

If there are any other deftones fans or if you are just a music junkie and have an open mind to music... please discuss

YouTube - Deftones - Rocket Skates (Official Video) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woR6ohiFeYE)
YouTube - Deftones-Diamond Eyes (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_OdgKH-HuQ)

Om1kron
03-16-2010, 11:19 PM
hrmn... how are they releasing another album, didn't chino's ass have a stroke? it's probably going to be some super mellow ass album unless someone else is doing all of the yelling for him.

jimmytango00
03-16-2010, 11:27 PM
hrmn... how are they releasing another album, didn't chino's ass have a stroke? it's probably going to be some super mellow ass album unless someone else is doing all of the yelling for him.

No, chino never had a stroke.

Im going to take a wild guess and assume you didn't even listen to the songs.

GTFO! :keke:

03-16-2010, 11:57 PM
i <3 Deftones!
abe cunningham kills that drum set!
cant wait either. although i was alll wet when i heard their album "EROS" was releasing in oct.
it never came out :/

zspeedrft
03-17-2010, 12:02 AM
ive been into deftones since 7th grade(13 years ago) favorite album has to be adrenaline...cant wait for the new album to drop...has anybody seen them live???? they kick ass!

03-17-2010, 12:07 AM
too bad Chi Cheng isnt playng on ths album :(
some of my favorite tracks are be quiet and drive, hexagram, good morning beautiful...soooo many good songs ;)

jimmytango00
03-17-2010, 12:17 AM
ive been into deftones since 7th grade(13 years ago) favorite album has to be adrenaline...cant wait for the new album to drop...has anybody seen them live???? they kick ass!

yea, i've seen them about 7 times now. I saw them at the private show they had at virgin mega in hollywood a few years back and got to meet them.

too bad Chi Cheng isnt playng on ths album :(
some of my favorite tracks are be quiet and drive, hexagram, good morning beautiful...soooo many good songs ;)

It sucks that CHI didn't pull through in time for this album. but we need to keep our heads up cause i know CHI would be proud and happy for the rest of the band. The cool thing is that CHI specifically picked Sergio Vega (current bass player) to fill in a few years back, so if anyone deserves it its Sergio

i <3 Deftones!
abe cunningham kills that drum set!
cant wait either. although i was alll wet when i heard their album "EROS" was releasing in oct.
it never came out :/

Yes! abe is definitely my favorite drummer. I know there are better drummers that our technical and all crazy and what not, but Abe has this super unique style and groove that i've never heard in anyone else.

Oh and EROS was just put aside till CHI gets better. They Did not feel right releasing it since it was written with CHI, so they wrote all new material for Diamond Eyes.

03-17-2010, 12:27 AM
im a drummer myself so i know abes talent ;) (no homo)
so much groove and rythm
fucking amazing lol i can talk about deftones all day ahahah

jimmytango00
03-17-2010, 12:33 AM
same here man , he really influenced my style of drumming

zspeedrft
03-17-2010, 01:01 AM
im a drummer myself so i know abes talent ;) (no homo)
so much groove and rythm
fucking amazing lol i can talk about deftones all day ahahah

i play guitar....lets start a deftones cover band lol....i know alot of their songs

zspeedrft
03-17-2010, 01:03 AM
favorite song "head up"....keeps me pumped through the day

BustedS13
03-17-2010, 01:21 AM
favorite song "head up"....keeps me pumped through the day

yessssss
easily my favorite.
thank god good bands from before this past decade of shit still put out quality music.

jimmytango00
03-17-2010, 01:23 AM
yessssss
easily my favorite.
thank god good bands from before this past decade of shit still put out quality music.

I always find my self listen to bands i listened to growing up. There are still good bands out there but you have to look hard.

Om1kron
03-17-2010, 08:51 AM
No, chino never had a stroke.

Im going to take a wild guess and assume you didn't even listen to the songs.

GTFO! :keke:

ah, ok it was a while ago I saw the news, it was chi cheng who was hospitalized. why all of the stupid ass tabloids said chino was hospitalized and was in a coma, wtf. lol

Antihero983
03-17-2010, 08:55 AM
Deftones are too epic.

I've seen them 8 times over the years, and they never dissapoint!

I love that new Rocket Skates song, and cannot wait for this album....

My favorite songs are still 7 words, Be Quiet and Drive, Digital Bath, Head up, Around the fur....and shit there's another one off of adrenaline that I really like and the name escapes me...

lewisfk
03-17-2010, 09:32 AM
yes, thanks for the post man! I would have slept on the release of this cd! My fav cd is White Pony, and i also love the cover songs they did about 2-3 years give or take! I wish Tool and Deftones would do some more tracks together!

XeroX
03-17-2010, 09:54 AM
Classy Sacramento rock at its finest!

I just saw them in concert a year or so ago here in sac....good show....

Om1kron
03-17-2010, 04:48 PM
I personally like the Knife Party acoustic/live version I have on my pc.

bornslippy73
03-17-2010, 06:38 PM
I can't wait!! I never get tired of their music.

jimmytango00
03-25-2010, 09:58 PM
I can't wait!! I never get tired of their music.

the album leaked, shits amazing, better than I expected, yes i will still buy it.

deftones FTMFW!

here is one of the songs off the new album.

Enjoy / discuss.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgZcq_LqyzM

atutt
03-25-2010, 10:12 PM
yes, thanks for the post man! I would have slept on the release of this cd! My fav cd is White Pony, and i also love the cover songs they did about 2-3 years give or take! I wish Tool and Deftones would do some more tracks together!

I concur. Nothing tops White Pony...
Passenger is their best song. In my opinion.

It's to bad when I've seen them live they were less than amusing... But I don't think I've seen them since the Summer Sanitarium Tour.. Back in what, '03???

This new stuff is pretty decent. Nice to see that there are still musicians that don't suck... The last half of the decade sucked fucking ass.... Only a handful of bands put out some top quality shit..

And now I'm going to go listen to some Tool... lol

hegamiz
03-25-2010, 10:37 PM
Hell yeah can't wait for this! The singles are already in my ipod lol

Favorite album has to be Around the Fur just cause of My Own Summer i grew up with that album. nostalgia love it!

Slammed180
03-25-2010, 10:56 PM
Passenger is their best song. In my opinion.

I agree with you here. Maynards voice is so eerie in that song, it gives me chills.

I really hope this album has a heavier undercurrent to it. I can't say I enjoyed their last album as much as adrenaline or white pony. So far the two songs I've heard are too soft for my tastes (vocally at least).

jimmytango00
03-25-2010, 11:15 PM
white pony was a good album but around the fur still owns. White pony is a bitter sweet album, warner brothers goal with that album was to make them "mainstream" and like "limp bizkit" as far as popularity not sound. It kinda worked cause everyone and their momma knew change in the house of flies and everyone I know that likes deftones found out about them cause of white pony.

04-22-2010, 10:38 PM
so its coming out may 4th! :D

04-27-2010, 12:32 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWpREY6KinI
fuuuuuuuuuck!<33

driftsilvias13
04-27-2010, 04:05 PM
Deftones are so good. Cant wait for this album.