PDA

View Full Version : iambape/Andy Pham - scammer

driftsilvias13
03-11-2010, 05:10 PM
Andy Pham
[email protected] (paypal id)
408-334-8185

I purchased wheels off of this seller iambape. The communication was great before purchasing them and they shipped fast but...

The wheels were packaged shitty. Just threw in a box together (2) without any padding, only plastic bags here and there. Looked like the box was almost broken from them bouncing around.

The finish (paint on the wheels) looked like he used white out to paint the chipped parts. This was never shown in the pics or mentioned. He claimed he didnt know because they arent HIS wheels but a friends. (But he is the one who had them and packaged them and listed the wheels as his)

I contacted the seller right away and he said he couldnt refund me because it was his friend who has the money. I told him he was responsible because the transaction was done through him. I told him to at least refund me the amount to get the paint refinished and he agreed. I waited days and weeks and all I got were excuses. Finally I gave him a deadline or else action would be taken. That deadline has past and he made an excuse saying he was going to send me a money order since he didnt want his parents to find out he was spending more money. Well that was last Thursday and well what do you know a week later no response. Ive PMed, called, and texted multiple times and the last thing I got was "no internet and I sent it out".

If any of you guys know him, tell him to make this right. I have been patient enough. I am filing a claim against him and also going to contact the police department in that area unless he contacts me.

Any other suggestions on getting my money back?

Here is an example of the PMs between us. I have so many PMs like this..
Quote from iambape:
"i know you did the transaction with me. my friend asked me cause he needed money. i cant say no. this is only a website. we all know we would rather pick friend > site. nonetheless, i dont know what to say but go ahead tell the mods that i sold the wheels for a friend. cause i cant do anything. friday morning? well , ill try my best. cant give you any guarantee. certainly i shouldn't give a fuck but i try my best."

Quote from me:
"The way you are treating this transaction is ridiculous. Just because the wheels arent yours doesnt mean you shouldnt care. Look, all I am asking is that you have your friend refund me the amount to refinish these white out looking wheels that we agreed on. I paid a certain amount. Have him refund from the money I paid. I do understand that it isnt YOU but you are the one I dealt with. At the LEAST update me with what is going on. I mean did you tell him? What did he say? etc. stuff like that. I really do not want to have to per sure any legal action so let me know. Thanks."

fcken_engus
03-13-2010, 07:09 PM
theres nothing you can do imo, he sent you the wheels, and the transaction was completed. try filing a claim with paypal, but from what i read, paypal is notorious for not giving a crap about buyer's protection.

FaLKoN240
03-13-2010, 11:56 PM
The wheels you bought have gone through so many hands I'm not surprised the paint is chipped.

You bought used wheels man.

What did you expect?

driftsilvias13
03-15-2010, 02:51 PM
The wheels you bought have gone through so many hands I'm not surprised the paint is chipped.

What did you expect?

So you're saying that because the wheels are used I should expect the paint to be chipped? So i guess everything you buy used you can expect it to be in shitty condition right? Even when the seller says it isnt?

No where in the pictures or description says anything about paint finish being bad and I even asked him if the finish was ORIGINAL.

driftsilvias13
03-15-2010, 03:12 PM
I just called and texted and he finally texted back pretty much saying

ill ttyl when im back from business.

I dont care this isnt my problem

ntegrals
03-15-2010, 06:12 PM
Claim paypal. F it.

traxx07
03-15-2010, 06:37 PM

What did you expect?

Your a moron.

If I posted up something in mint condition and sold it to you all fked up you would be pissed too. Or would you expect it to be messed up? Make a claim and put that it was not as described. Its not his problem? Make it his problem. Paypal called someone that tried to scam me 80 bucks and got my money back. They dont give a shit huh? They will get you the money one one or another and if he doesnt care to solve the problem it will go on his credit. They will give it off to a third party company to collect and it will be all on him.

Now go make a claim instead of posting a meaningless thread.

FaLKoN240
03-15-2010, 06:44 PM
So you're saying that because the wheels are used I should expect the paint to be chipped? So i guess everything you buy used you can expect it to be in shitty condition right? Even when the seller says it isnt?

No where in the pictures or description says anything about paint finish being bad and I even asked him if the finish was ORIGINAL.

Hmm well if the seller says,

hello zilvia user.
no money for fenders and paint - reason.
therefore, i have to sell ;[

item: works meisters
description: the lip is straight as f**k. the wheel isnt oval what so ever. paint chip here and there. but looks clean nonetheless.
specs: 17x9 -69 offset. (pair)
Price: around 800 shipped. this is pretty low. =]

Yes, if I see that he says there are paint chips here and there, I would expect paint chips.

Your a moron.

If I posted up something in mint condition and sold it to you all fked up you would be pissed too. Or would you expect it to be messed up? Make a claim and put that it was not as described. Its not his problem? Make it his problem. Paypal called someone that tried to scam me 80 bucks and got my money back. They dont give a shit huh? They will get you the money one one or another and if he doesnt care to solve the problem it will go on his credit. They will give it off to a third party company to collect and it will be all on him.

Now go make a claim instead of posting a meaningless thread.

Pot meet kettle.

Like I said above, if I was buying something used, I would NEVER expect it to be perfect.

If your money is burning a hole in your pocket, you should probably buy things in person, or ask for pics of each and every detail.

Better to make the seller work for you BEFORE you give him your money than after.

You look after you leap, by then it's too late.

Don't be mad because I'm right.

kushlivin
03-15-2010, 07:29 PM
^^^^ that girl in your avatar is hot

!Zar!
03-15-2010, 07:41 PM
That IS Falkon240 fyi.

driftsilvias13
03-15-2010, 08:06 PM
I filed a paypal claim already and contacted sjpd. Gotta contact an attorney friend soon for small claims.

kushlivin
03-15-2010, 09:53 PM
That IS Falkon240 fyi.
WoW, nice:faint:

!Zar!
03-15-2010, 10:42 PM
No dumdums.

I was talking about the post above mine.

I don't know wtf, 'iambape' is.

But I do agree with what Falkon240 said.

Buying used product is up to you to figure out condition.

If he sold you a new item and marketed it as new, then sold it to you, I would agree you have a right to be pissed.

But he sold you something used. Used stuff in used quality.

Fair enough deal to me.

FaLKoN240
03-15-2010, 10:43 PM
This:

That IS Falkon240 fyi.

is a response to this:

^^^^ that girl in your avatar is hot

I'm NOT a scammer, and I'm not iambape, I can actually type and speak English well.

Same IP? I filed a paypal claim already and contacted sjpd. Gotta contact an attorney friend soon for small claims.

Hey Falkon240, if you are really Andy make this right. This is bullshit making 2 usernames and trying to fuck with ppl. I have every single PM and yeah it may say paint chips here and there meaning little stuff. Not a whole fucking flake of paint the size of an inch and repainted in white out.

Sorry but really dude you're not gonna get shit. Just saying.

JK2005
03-15-2010, 11:06 PM
i have to agree with FaLKoN240 (http://zilvia.net/f/members/falkon240.html) here.

you bought used wheels and the description did say there was chips. its you fault for not asking for more detailed pics. you cant expect the seller to pay to get the wheels refinished, THEY ARE USED!!!!!

Shells
03-15-2010, 11:16 PM
I agree with kushlivin, but don't be so gullible. ;) Haha, wouldn't that be funny if Falkon really was the chick in his avatar?

singlecamslam
03-15-2010, 11:24 PM
Just how messed up are the wheels OP? If they are missing half the paint than yea i would be pissed. Post pics of the damage.

driftsilvias13
03-15-2010, 11:28 PM
Nvm Falkon240 got mixed up.

!Zar!
03-16-2010, 05:57 PM
Quote from Jspec.
Disclaimer: If you are the picky type DO NOT buy used wheels(save up and buy new ones), there will be some damage due to the age of these wheels.

driftsilvias13
03-17-2010, 10:51 AM
That is understandable to a certain extent, but if you saw the paint you would say the same, even when the pics didn't show any of that.

Ive bought countless wheels used and none were ever like this.

Anyway I am not here to start a discussion thread but just informing people to be aware of this seller.

C-unit
03-17-2010, 01:05 PM
^ I feel you there, I've got parts that were describe MINT but they are no where near that condition upon receiving. Sometimes pic don't really do justice. Either buy them new or get it from reputable members. Good luck on trying to get the money back.

lou's40sx
03-17-2010, 08:50 PM
I don't think the seller is a scammer. You bought wheels with Chipped paint, he mentioned it, and you received wheels with chipped paint and touch up.

These are USED items. I bought a Silvia bumper a while back and it was in horrific condition, but seller also mentioned "Cracked but fixable." It was fixable, yes, but took me like 2-3 weeks to get it fixed, via epoxy, bondo, primer, etc.

I was kinda mad, but it wasn't like the seller said "BRAND NEW" or "MINT", so I took the transaction as "USED, damaged." and it's kind of "relative" on what a person's rating is on something. Some people say the wheels are 5/10 while others say 8/10. Some say this chick is 10/10, but I say Falcon240 is 1/10.

So, Falcon240 is right, you're doing business via Zilvia as well as internet, it's never what you expect. He shipped you the wheels and if they don't leak air, you should be thrilled for $800 shipped. Go pay another $200 and get them powdercoated to your liking, and live on.

AND I DON'T SEE WHERE IN THE AD HE SAID "MINT"

http://zilvia.net/f/wheels-tires/303647-works-meisters-17x9-69-offset.html
=============================================
hello zilvia user.
no money for fenders and paint - reason.
therefore, i have to sell ;[

item: works meisters
description: the lip is straight as f**k. the wheel isnt oval what so ever. paint chip here and there. but looks clean nonetheless.
specs: 17x9 -69 offset. (pair)
Price: around 800 shipped. this is pretty low. =]

driftsilvias13
03-17-2010, 10:01 PM
You guys keep posting that as if that is supposed to justify it. Look where it says "LOOKS CLEAN NONETHELESS." I specifically told him about the damages and he said that it wasnt like that before he sold it to his friend which he then sold to me when they werent his wheels. He told me they were never repainted. I asked if he didnt even notice it when he shipped it? He said nope he just packaged them and shipped it.

And he shouldnt be selling shit that ISNT his in the first place.

And his response is okay? That it isnt his responsibility, its his "friend's" even though I did the transaction only through him? We agreed to certain terms and all he is doing is ducking me which isnt how a good seller should handle a situation.

FaLKoN240
03-17-2010, 10:11 PM
What is he supposed to do?

Give you money after you got what you paid for?

I wouldn't give you shit.

silverarrow27
03-17-2010, 10:35 PM
You guys keep posting that as if that is supposed to justify it. Look where it says "LOOKS CLEAN NONETHELESS." I specifically told him about the damages and he said that it wasnt like that before he sold it to his friend which he then sold to me when they werent his wheels. He told me they were never repainted. I asked if he didnt even notice it when he shipped it? He said nope he just packaged them and shipped it.

And he shouldnt be selling shit that ISNT his in the first place.

And his response is okay? That it isnt his responsibility, its his "friend's" even though I did the transaction only through him? We agreed to certain terms and all he is doing is ducking me which isnt how a good seller should handle a situation.

Funny you say that he shouldn't be selling things that aren't his in the first place. I've seen a mod sold someone's car on here before claiming that it's his then a few weeks later mod admitted that it wasn't his. I actually posted/confronted that in the seller mod's thread and post was deleted.:wtf:

Good luck with your issue though. Hope it gets resolved.