PDA

View Full Version : Seriously WTF should I do? e30 content

payne219
03-06-2010, 09:41 PM
Alright so I have this set of shitty style 006 sportys Im running on my e30 for the time being.

Problem*

I originally painted the wheels gold thinking it would look badass. Turns out it looked like shit imo on the car. So I had the wheels sent out for sandblasting and Im about to make a second attempt at this.

2nd Problem*

My car is a fucked up color. its called diamondschwartz metallic. :loco:
Its not quite black not quite charcoal with a hint of brown in it. I cant find a color to paint my wheels that will match.

I removed the cheap chrome press on lips and I am debating painting or powder coating my wheels candy teal. I want a crazy color.

Rules. No silver or all black rims.

Below are some pics I found that somewhat represent what Im trying to do.

The Bmw community hates on me for wanting colored wheels so I want zilvia's opinion. What should I do? what do you guys think would look good?
anyone out there want to photoshop for me?

Flame if you want. the first pic with the gold wheels is my car. The following pics are examples of what I would like my wheels to look like at some point if possible.
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y273/ryan507/30fitted.jpg

baby blue with polished lip
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y273/ryan507/babyblue.jpg

My favorite example as of right now.
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y273/ryan507/tealrims.jpg

ZilviaKid
03-06-2010, 10:33 PM
imo the gold looks good, and the teal looks stupid as fuck.

payne219
03-06-2010, 10:52 PM
im open to other colors as well. I was considering white for a short time.

Drift N Dragg
03-06-2010, 10:57 PM
I have just a Simple Question.

Not Being a Hardass or anything.. But WHy not just choose a Color you like? Does it Really matter what someone else has to say about the Color of your wheels or Car?

I would paint my Car Shit Brown, If I liked the Color and have Baby Puke Green Wheels, If that's what I liked.. Would I give a Shat if someone else liked it?? NO.. Its my Car, Who the hell care's if they like it or not.

Just what I Think, you don't have to like it.. just thought I would throw it out there..

Matej
03-06-2010, 11:01 PM
Have you tried contacting the Hella Flush/Fatlace 24-hour hotline? They will help guide you through the process of choosing just the right shade of baby blue/magenta/teal to suit your personality. Plus you will receive a complimentary sticker pack.

HyperTek
03-06-2010, 11:03 PM

yeah that whole color trend will pass over eventually.. stick with gold its classy.

murderrsirenss
03-06-2010, 11:17 PM

this.

im diggin' the gold.

Not Being a Hardass or anything.. But WHy not just choose a Color you like? Does it Really matter what someone else has to say about the Color of your wheels or Car?

I would paint my Car Shit Brown, If I liked the Color and have Baby Puke Green Wheels, If that's what I liked.. Would I give a Shat if someone else liked it?? NO.. Its my Car, Who the hell care's if they like it or not.

Just what I Think, you don't have to like it.. just thought I would throw it out there..

not trying to be a dick/hardass whatever either, but hes just trying to get opinions. Someone might suggest a color that he hasnt yet seen/thought of and he might actually like it best.

2 heads are better than 1 type deal.

fliprayzin240sx
03-06-2010, 11:23 PM

DING DING DING DING...We have a WINnnAR!!!

Seriously tho, why paint it some gawdy ass color?

ayuaddict
03-07-2010, 02:35 AM
lol.

full white.

satisfaction GUARANTEED.

ESmorz
03-07-2010, 02:37 AM
When in doubt.

Chrome it out.

TheWolf
03-07-2010, 06:44 AM
I think the OP has been playing to much robot unicorn

chitownguy
03-07-2010, 08:05 AM
Well first and foremost, go lower. Now that we have that out of the way e30 owners are just like 240 owners, they spend so much time trying to be different with all these crazy colors and stupid shit when having a clean, simple car would set them apart from the crowd even more. So just stay with the gold you have now and go lower.

brndck
03-07-2010, 10:43 AM
Have you tried contacting the Hella Flush/Fatlace 24-hour hotline? They will help guide you through the process of choosing just the right shade of baby blue/magenta/teal to suit your personality. Plus you will receive a complimentary sticker pack.

win.

i love how there is a "formula" for how you are 'sposed to set up a car these days.
so nice to see that people are thinking for themselves and forming their own opinions instead of just following what a website told them.

Taniguchi_Is_#1
03-07-2010, 10:44 AM
have you tried contacting the hella flush/fatlace 24-hour hotline? They will help guide you through the process of choosing just the right shade of baby blue/magenta/teal to suit your personality. Plus you will receive a complimentary sticker pack.

illest illest illest illest illest illest illest illest illest illest illest illest illest illest illest illest illest illest illest illest illest illest illest illest illest illest illest illest illest illest

BustedS13
03-07-2010, 11:41 AM
i think you should rattlecan everything. that'll turn out nice.

iROYAL
03-07-2010, 12:48 PM
illest illest illest illest illest illest illest illest illest illest illest illest illest illest illest illest illest illest illest illest illest illest illest illest illest illest illest illest illest illest

lol

http://fatlace.com/lacedup/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/img_0801-570x284.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y273/ryan507/tealrims.jpg

That bumper looks horrible! Is it the sunlight that's tricking me because the color looks different than the rest of the car.

PNgo12
03-07-2010, 06:47 PM
lol

That bumper looks horrible! Is it the sunlight that's tricking me because the color looks different than the rest of the car.

it does look horrible, and its not just you the bumper looks more silver and lighter then the rest of the car, and to the OP the gold looks fine on your car right now if your car was mine id rock it :boink:

kingkilburn
03-07-2010, 08:46 PM
I think the OP has been playing to much robot unicorn

:tardrim:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/eSMeUPFjQHc&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/eSMeUPFjQHc&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

:bowrofl:

kingkilburn
03-07-2010, 10:40 PM
I like the idea of painted barrels with chrome centers.

Soup Nazi
03-08-2010, 06:45 AM
not trying to be a dick/hardass whatever either, but hes just trying to get opinions. Someone might suggest a color that he hasnt yet seen/thought of and he might actually like it best.

2 heads are better than 1 type deal.

Not trying to be a dick/Hardass, but you're an idiot.

PICK what you like, who gives a shit what others are going to say.

You put shit on your car, because you like it.

You mean to tell me, that the OP can't go online a find a color he hasn't saw yet or thought of yet?

Any color out there has already been done. Would'nt be that hard to find what you're looking for these days

lucky7
03-08-2010, 06:58 AM
sell those wheels, they're too big.
buy ESM RS reps in 16x9. (or any wheel in 16x9)
profit.

ESM Wheels (http://www.esmwheels.com/main/index.php?cPath=21_34)

WanganRunner
03-08-2010, 09:22 AM
I hate these opinion threads. Why make one?

Just do it.