PDA

View Full Version : Megan Track Coils Camber Adjustment

Weedm
03-05-2010, 06:21 PM
I just purchased a set of Megan Track coils. These are my first set of coils so I have no idea how to tighten / adjust the camber properly with the camber plates.
One of the camber plates is looser than the other one. I want to know what's the correct way of adjusting / tightening them. That is.. unless they're supposed to be loose? they're currently off the car.

keistyle
03-05-2010, 06:31 PM
jack up the car so the front wheels are off of the floor. loosen all for allen screws, but don't take them off.

Adjust to your pleasing, there are little marks on the camber plate so you have an idea of how equal they are.

Tighten and repeat on other side.

Weedm
03-05-2010, 06:50 PM
ohh okay.. well I kinda knew that much. So i guess the ball joints are supposed to move freely then?

thanks.

KA24sleeper
03-05-2010, 06:51 PM
all chamber adj. plates are all mostly the same and really simple todo, they seem difficult but its really a breeze once you know how to do them. just make sure when you ajust them not to put the camber in too neg. or youll end up with alot of wear on the inner tire. depending on how much you lower it is also a crushal thing to. the basic guide i know is this( based on other peoples cars and tech manuals)

stock height camb.front rear
0-1inch drop 0.5-1.0 0.5-1.0
1-2inch drop 1.0-1.5 1.0-1.5
2inch and lower 2.0-3.0 2.0-3.0

thats the base of what i know

Weedm
03-05-2010, 06:57 PM
Yeah thanks I knew that much. You see my dumb self thought that the pillow ball joint was the thing that adjusted the camber, not the movement of the camber plates .__.; So i was trying to figure out how to tighten the joint so that it won't move...

noob move and noob questions. sorry haha. And thanks again.

muslimtyphoon
03-09-2010, 10:54 AM
I dont mean to be a dick, but you should have done your research. Megan Coil's are the cheap stuff and are compared to the generic "GODSPEED" Coilovers. Their bouncy as hell. Plus, they wear out much easier.You should have invested in some Tein SS.

ADiamond240sx
03-09-2010, 03:12 PM
I dont mean to be a dick, but you should have done your research. Megan Coil's are the cheap stuff and are compared to the generic "GODSPEED" Coilovers. Their bouncy as hell. Plus, they wear out much easier.You should have invested in some Tein SS.

I'll disagree. Megan street coils on my daily for 65k miles. Lasted through a nasty rear curb check that required suspension rebuild (including subframe replacement) and Houston roads. Car is not bouncy and I drive it like its a fuckin truck. Bumps do not slow me down and the car handles beautifully.

KA24sleeper
03-09-2010, 04:05 PM
another factor would be is "how hard you drive your car and where" is another factor to driving:bow: