PDA

View Full Version : wtf- why post 4sale thread if u dont want to sell

91drftr
03-05-2010, 01:03 PM
dont know how many people have experienced this but im assuming im not the only one cus its happened to my friend too...so ive been noticing that there some people who make for sale threads but really dont seem to want to sell their items...

the reason why im saying this is because i my self tried to buy some wheels and ive talked to the seller made a deal then when it came time for the sale i couldnt seem to get ahold of the seller no more so he pretty much had me waiting and wasting my time.....oh and heres another one so u call to buy some wheels the seller informs u that there sold so then 2 days later ur browsing and there they r again for sale by the same owner but for higher price......

i think some people should just stop wasting other peoples time....and if ur posting something thats worth alot of money u should really think about the price ur putting
it up for so u dont have to be b.s,ing people just to change the price .....bottom line is if ur serious post and if not dont even bother!!!:duh:

post ur experiences or what u guys think about this.......

ILoveMyRHS13
03-05-2010, 01:07 PM
It's called a feeler thread. The buyer might just be curious to see if they can sell it. I know some people will put up stuff for sale to see how much they can get for it.

tricky_ab
03-05-2010, 01:10 PM
Or or he's dealing with multiple people and is trying to get the most money out of the sale...

NINJASPY
03-05-2010, 01:50 PM
Sellers-
think they can turn a profit from flipping wheels.
think, If I sold at xxxx price, I could pick up xxxx set and upgrade for free.
think if it says work or volk anywhere on there, its worth 1000 immediately, even if its 17x7.5 +45.

Buyers-
lowball 40% or more off the of asking price and STILL don't buy after price has been agreed.
think shipping is free.
don't understand the concept "FIRM"
don't understand "buyer pays shipping"

91drftr
03-05-2010, 02:24 PM
yeah i kno some people post to see what they can get but they let everyone know so this way everybody is aware

the threads ive seen were not feeler it specifically says
for sale xxxx item for xxx price

91drftr
03-05-2010, 02:35 PM
if their dealing with multiple people most likely the seller will let the buyer know why will the seller make a deal with someone if he know he might be able to get more from another person hes already dealing with.....

more than likely if the seller lets multiple buyers know about others the buyer is more than willing to wait and see what happens as long as u let them kno whats going on

iROYAL
03-05-2010, 02:54 PM
if their dealing with multiple people most likely the seller will let the buyer know why will the seller make a deal with someone if he know he might be able to get more from another person hes already dealing with.....

more than likely if the seller lets multiple buyers know about others the buyer is more than willing to wait and see what happens as long as u let them kno whats going on

That's what you call good business, but there are so many lazy people that choose not to do it. Everything isn't straight when you buy things from any seller, there's always a risk. :dead:

onefst240
03-05-2010, 03:07 PM
Haha my friend was going to buy a s14 on here for 9k so we get a hold of the guy and talked to him and he said well i got some offers that are more then 9k so if u can bid higher then its yours. That was about 2 months ago and the car is still for sale. Lol This isnt ebay.

ronmcdon
03-05-2010, 03:13 PM
It's called a feeler thread. The buyer might just be curious to see if they can sell it. I know some people will put up stuff for sale to see how much they can get for it.

'feeler' threads are total bull-shit imo.
make up your mind, BEFORE you decide to sell.
that, or quit playing games.

the other type of annoying buyer is one that doesn't put a price,
says something like "OBO, but don't lowball"
If you're making a sale, that should be decision made on your end.

91drftr
03-05-2010, 03:32 PM
lol if u post obo expect a lowball..... obo means go lowball to all those lowballers

stinky_180
03-05-2010, 03:47 PM
i like it when the sellers actually holds items for people. i feel that DIBs are retarded. first come first serve.

me: hey i'll buy *item*
seller: someone has dibs on it
me: k

few days later
seller: hey heres my paypal address for the item
me: sorry i already bought it from someone else for x amount
seller: whaaa i was going to sell it to you for cheaper!

DALAZ_68
03-05-2010, 04:26 PM
stop ur bitching, either make it worth said persons worth to sell it to you, or buy new... i see no point in crying...only time i hold items is if they PP me money and then pick it up... otherwise fuck ur dibs bulls shit...

XnTroubleX
03-05-2010, 04:34 PM
If im selling something I usually post it here and on a local forum, if someone from the local forum says theyll buy it on said day I will let them call dibs on the possibility of me making more from saving on shipping, But I also tell the distant potential buyer the situation and update once its sold or not. If potential buyer does not want to wait then fair game. Thats business!!

1_Bad_Silvia
03-12-2010, 10:45 AM
dont know how many people have experienced this but im assuming im not the only one cus its happened to my friend too...so ive been noticing that there some people who make for sale threads but really dont seem to want to sell their items...

the reason why im saying this is because i my self tried to buy some wheels and ive talked to the seller made a deal then when it came time for the sale i couldnt seem to get ahold of the seller no more so he pretty much had me waiting and wasting my time.....oh and heres another one so u call to buy some wheels the seller informs u that there sold so then 2 days later ur browsing and there they r again for sale by the same owner but for higher price......

i think some people should just stop wasting other peoples time....and if ur posting something thats worth alot of money u should really think about the price ur putting
it up for so u dont have to be b.s,ing people just to change the price .....bottom line is if ur serious post and if not dont even bother!!!:duh:

post ur experiences or what u guys think about this.......

i agree.. if people want serious buyers then they should be serious sellers

WanganRunner
03-12-2010, 10:57 AM
Sellers-
think they can turn a profit from flipping wheels.
think, If I sold at xxxx price, I could pick up xxxx set and upgrade for free.
think if it says work or volk anywhere on there, its worth 1000 immediately, even if its 17x7.5 +45.

Buyers-
lowball 40% or more off the of asking price and STILL don't buy after price has been agreed.
think shipping is free.
don't understand the concept "FIRM"
don't understand "buyer pays shipping"

^^
This should just be added to the classifieds rules with a "Don't do this shit" disclaimer.

ManoNegra
03-12-2010, 05:32 PM
Buyers
Don't contact me me telling me that I
should sell you my item for less because you
can get it for less elsewhere

wtf

why are you even talking to me then?

I rather throw items away then deal with your retarded ass.

erik05v
03-12-2010, 05:46 PM
i had this happen to me twice agreed on said price then when it came time to pay and pick up item they no longer answer me or reply shit really pissed me off dont agree that youre going to sell your item just to flake out at the last minute :smash:

zspeedrft
03-12-2010, 10:27 PM
just happened to me earlier today :/