PDA

View Full Version : US Census 2010

enkei2k
03-03-2010, 11:40 AM
Census Bureau Home Page (http://www.census.gov/)

Only happens every 10 years guys. I think they mail out forms to you or something or other to fill out.

Thoughts on it? I never filled one out before back in 2000 (i think cuz i wasn't old enough). I wonder what'll happen if we fill out BS information.

Soup Nazi
03-03-2010, 11:51 AM
When I hear Census Bureau, I keep thinking of the guy in the movie, "The Wash"

!Zar!
03-03-2010, 12:00 PM
Just lets them get number.

Then with those numbers they find little/dumb differences.

With those differences they pour money into research that isn't really needed.

After they come with a conclusion no matter how minuscule, someone will write a book and make hella money.

From that book, the media will find something that sounds scary and talk about it till death.

TheWolf
03-03-2010, 12:27 PM
they'll threaten to lock you up and fine you if you don't answer it. they won't though.

it's essentially a way to give poor people a job for 10 months driving around chasing after people who didn't send it in.

If I have to see another "how the senate couldn't find 10b for unemployment" report followed up with another uncle sam sponsored census commercial... I'll throw a brick at them :facepalm:

HalveBlue
03-03-2010, 01:54 PM
Census information is pretty interesting.

It actually gives the government (as well as the public) some pretty solid data to see what the current state of the union looks like as far as demographics are concerned.

Pretty useful info for a lot of fields.

TheWolf
03-03-2010, 04:16 PM

It actually gives the government (as well as the public) some pretty solid data to see what the current state of the union looks like as far as demographics are concerned.

It better. It's costing about $159 per house it looks into. Tax dollars at work.

HalveBlue
03-03-2010, 06:18 PM
Blame our Founding Fathers and the Constitution.

Gnnr
03-03-2010, 10:37 PM

QFT. Remove the tin foil hats people. :rolleyes: