PDA

View Full Version : Top Gear Inspired Bachelor Party

nopwrsldr180
03-03-2010, 09:56 AM
********************Update************************ **

Visit www.gearbangers.com to stay up to date

One way plane tickets purchased to Philly for July 12th.

if you are in philly and could offer a garage or a place to crash that first night let us know. The cars we buy will surely need some TLC before a 2k mile journey.

*******************Update************************* *

So I am getting married in November this year and like anyone taking the plunge a good bachelor party is a must. We could always go to Vegas for the obligatory drug fueled orgy, but I wanted do to something different.

So one of my groomsmen has suggested a road trip where we fly to some corner of the united states, purchase 2 cars for around $1000 each, and drive them back to Texas. Some would argue this is as risky and stupid as the drug fueled orgy idea, but you cant get aids from a car.

The current plan is to split into 2 teams of 2, fly to phillie or NJ and pick up our cars and meet up somewhere to repair, and modify the cars. The following morning we will set out for texas.

The current planned stops are Baltimore, DC, Mooresville, Tail of the dragon, Atlanta new Orleans. We want to stay off the interstates and see the less traveled parts of the east coast.

We also want to have at least one car related challenge along the way, but if we choose it, it wont be much fun. So we are opening this up to anyone. We want some ideas for challenges, we will choose the best 5 and start a poll, either on VW vortex or our blogsite for the journey. The idea with the most votes by the time we land in the northeast will be the one that we have to do.

We plan to film our journey and post daily video and pictures assuming we find internet.

We plan to couch surf on the way back(CouchSurfing - Participate in Creating a Better World, One Couch At A Time (http://www.couchsurfing.com)), but if you aren’t creepy and have floors pace for 4 guys and some garage space we would gladly take you up on the offer.

The blog that will keep everyone updated is here:

Tom Hibler's Lifestream - www.tomhibler.com (http://www.tomhibler.com)

Within the next 2 weeks we will have our plane tickets purchased and a date set in stone, so if you know of any good leads on some standard shift cars that you think may make the trip, let us know.

~Sam

DALAZ_68
03-03-2010, 10:38 AM
lol...i had a friend do something like this...they started in canada though...good luck and have fun...sounds intresting...deff something id liek to do as well

deukalionS14
03-03-2010, 11:10 AM
this sounds awsome! im not so creative so i can't really help with challenges haha but this sounds really exciting!!!

driftsilvias13
03-03-2010, 03:41 PM
Make sure you guys film the whole thing!

tricky_ab
03-03-2010, 05:08 PM
This sounds like it's going to be CRAZY (but fun) thing to do!

Quail
03-03-2010, 05:59 PM
Sounds like a lot of fun!

highwaystar22
03-03-2010, 06:26 PM
+10 for the idea. I prefer this over the orgy piece any day. I'm sure your future wife will appreciate you for it. lol

AE_Racer
03-03-2010, 06:44 PM
buy some RWD cars and hit a drift event somewhere on the way through, with some random clunkers lol

nopwrsldr180
03-03-2010, 06:58 PM
we plan to film it, but right now we have a hero wide and hero wide HD, hopefully we can get some better camera equipment. Otherwise, 2 of us have DSLRs for the still photos.

Yea the fiance is happy we arent going to vegas but is actually jealous of our plans because she was only going to go out for sushi for her party lol.

and im pretty sure the entire trip is going to be an exercise in hoonage and drifting.

right now it seems like we are going to have some trouble finding a car up north that isnt full of rust.

ill keep this thread updated as they come.

ZilviaKid
03-03-2010, 06:59 PM
your both gonna end up in volvo 240s haha

lazysk8er2
03-03-2010, 07:06 PM
yea for $1000 your gonna find some shity hondas or if ur lucky an mk2 jetta...ill keep my eyes open...and if i were you ide fly into nyc and explore the city.

juve_240sx
03-03-2010, 08:03 PM
sounds like a great idea .... hopefully you can find some decent cars

Gnnr
03-03-2010, 10:32 PM
Gumball rally baby! I am definitely going to do a cross country trip one day in a sports car. I recommend you have a Valentine1, CB Radio, and Uniden Police Tracking Scanner. ;)

nopwrsldr180
03-04-2010, 09:36 AM
your both gonna end up in volvo 240s haha

thats actually pretty funny, me and one of the groomsmen owned a volvo 240 wagon together while in college. We loved it so much we are fighting the urge to buy another one.

http://th06.deviantart.net/fs15/300W/f/2007/029/b/3/The___Ultimate___Drift_by_claytonsmith.jpg

looks like our best bet is an old benz, vw or toyota.

we should have a date finalized soon. Everyone be thinking of possible challenges we could do.

driftsilvias13
03-04-2010, 11:43 AM
Make sure when you buy the cars, to paint them with ridiculous schemes.

azndoc
03-04-2010, 11:51 AM
I think Top Gear would actually tell you not to get married and instead spend the money on a new sweet ass car.

Just saying

But anyways good luck on the trip.

nopwrsldr180
06-27-2010, 09:39 AM
********************Update************************ **

Visit Gear Bangers | Bangin gears so you dont have to! (http://www.gearbangers.com) to stay up to date

One way plane tickets purchased to Philly for July 12th.

if you are in philly and could offer a garage or a place to crash that first night let us know. The cars we buy will surely need some TLC before a 2k mile journey.

Gear Bangers | Bangin gears so you dont have to! (http://www.GearBangers.com)

*******************Update************************* *

fightinchunk
06-27-2010, 10:12 AM
haha sounds like alot of fun... if you need help im a service advisor for a small nissan dealer with access to tools and space from 5 to 9

jzepol1985
06-27-2010, 11:36 AM
sounds like fun, I wish I could think of stuff to do like

thanks for introducing me to couchsurfing.com

WanganRunner
06-27-2010, 06:51 PM
This is pretty cool. When are you coming through DC?

nopwrsldr180
06-28-2010, 07:39 PM
haha sounds like alot of fun... if you need help im a service advisor for a small nissan dealer with access to tools and space from 5 to 9

careful what you offer, we just might be coming to visit you. lol.

and i think we are going to be going through DC on the 13th, we arent too sure if we are going to sleep there or carry on down the road.

nopwrsldr180
07-05-2010, 08:07 AM
Cars are purchased, check the website for details.

Gear Bangers | Bangin gears so you dont have to! (http://www.gearbangers.com)

Wound up with 2 German cars. One of them was had on ebay on the cheap.

We will be staying with someone from the Grassroots Motorsports Magazine forum the first night in Philly, and it looks like we have a couch to sleep on close to the dragon for the 3rd night thanks to bimmerforums.

nopwrsldr180
07-13-2010, 09:59 PM
BIG UPDATE

it is now day 2 of the trip. We are in DC right now and are headed south down skyline dr and blue ridge dr tomorrow. So far the trip has been very interesting to say the least. Get all the details on the first day happenings at Gear Bangers | Bangin gears so you dont have to! (http://www.gearbangers.com).

bardabe
07-14-2010, 09:54 AM
LOL I am jealous +100 for you funny guys. lets see some real action soon!

slideslidegnarslide
07-14-2010, 09:57 AM
if you fly in philly pm me we can meet up i can help you find cars / parts and stuff

slideslidegnarslide
07-14-2010, 09:58 AM
can possibly crash here tooo

DALAZ_68
07-14-2010, 10:03 AM
GO GO GO!!!

ill read up when i get home...lol...pics or ban...lol

slideslidegnarslide
07-14-2010, 10:15 AM
ohh shit your already here

niteridaz503
07-14-2010, 10:26 AM
Damn this is both unique and interesting id say the challenge should be a burnout competition lol