PDA

View Full Version : Serious Question

fullthrottle
03-01-2010, 01:05 PM
I have been with this girl for over a year now and we just got engaged. She told me today when I was talking about getting an s14 that carshttp://images.intellitxt.com/ast/adTypes/2_bing.gif (http://zilvia.net/f/#) as a hobby is out of the question. What would you do?

oscarmagana
03-01-2010, 01:09 PM
damn dude cars out of the qestion as a hobby idk man every guy needs a hobby who cares what it is idk bro unless u really dig this chick i guess u can make it work

getagrip
03-01-2010, 01:10 PM
i think thats a little over the top..i mean if the car is consuming you're entire life then i could understand. but then again if its like a just hobby to keep you occupied/happy i dont see why it cant be worked out somehow. both parties gotta make compromises. but what do i know im only 19..try to work it out, worst comes to worst you just move on.

Soup Nazi
03-01-2010, 01:11 PM
So she's basically telling you what you can do already?

Fuck that, she's got to know that you are allowed to do the shit that you like.

So try to make it work, but if she still doesn't want to hear it, drop her.

If you let her control what you do, forget it. This is only the begining.

getagrip
03-01-2010, 01:13 PM
^ i like that explination better.

fullthrottle
03-01-2010, 01:13 PM
My co workers informed me that this stuff isnt suppose to start happening until after you are married for awhile. Also cars doesnt consume my life its only a hobby. As in I do it in my free time.

omgRWDgoodness!
03-01-2010, 01:14 PM
I don't care how much I love a girl I'm with, that would NOT slide. I do what I want. If she doesn't understand that, drop her ass.

sLOW14
03-01-2010, 01:17 PM
I don't care how much I love a girl I'm with, that would NOT slide. I do what I want. If she doesn't understand that, drop her ass.

and there is a ton of women out there :cool:

Flicktitty
03-01-2010, 01:17 PM
I have been with this girl for over a year now and we just got engaged. She told me today when I was talking about getting an s14 that carshttp://images.intellitxt.com/ast/adTypes/2_bing.gif (http://zilvia.net/f/#) as a hobby is out of the question. What would you do?
sounds like a winner.

IMO. i'm going to be 23 next week. You still have A LONG Time to find the "right one" i can't imagine everything else between you two is THAT good that after a year you got engaged, I've been going out with my girlfriend for almost 3 years (In may) and have thought about popping the question but haven't (would like to be in a little better place before getting engaged/married) and my girl LOVES cars, LOVES the same movies/music/etc as me. she doesn't smoke, doesn't drink. doesn't understand why people do drugs, she is pretty much a copy of me just with tits and a pussy. and for me that works out pretty well. i can't honestly think of anyone that is married/going out with someone that is as happy as we are all the time with each other.

you may ask "what are you getting at" what i'm saying is find someone who your atleast a little more compatible with. My friend got married almost 2 years ago now and now his wife is gonna start helping him build a V8 S-chassis car. My other friend has been goin with a girl for 2 years now and she HATES his cars (he has a 750hp big block chevy waiting to go into a MINT 72 chevelle) but she won't let him spend a dime on it or work on it. and it's driving him crazy.

i say tell her how it is.

getagrip
03-01-2010, 01:20 PM
My co workers informed me that this stuff isnt suppose to start happening until after you are married for awhile. Also cars doesnt consume my life its only a hobby. As in I do it in my free time.
thats what i thought. i never thought you presented that it did consume you're life, I just using that as an example. guess it came out wrong. my bad.

fullthrottle
03-01-2010, 01:24 PM
sounds like a winner.

IMO. i'm going to be 23 next week. You still have A LONG Time to find the "right one" i can't imagine everything else between you two is THAT good that after a year you got engaged, I've been going out with my girlfriend for almost 3 years (In may) and have thought about popping the question but haven't (would like to be in a little better place before getting engaged/married) and my girl LOVES cars, LOVES the same movies/music/etc as me. she doesn't smoke, doesn't drink. doesn't understand why people do drugs, she is pretty much a copy of me just with tits and a pussy. and for me that works out pretty well. i can't honestly think of anyone that is married/going out with someone that is as happy as we are all the time with each other.

you may ask "what are you getting at" what i'm saying is find someone who your atleast a little more compatible with. My friend got married almost 2 years ago now and now his wife is gonna start helping him build a V8 S-chassis car. My other friend has been goin with a girl for 2 years now and she HATES his cars (he has a 750hp big block chevy waiting to go into a MINT 72 chevelle) but she won't let him spend a dime on it or work on it. and it's driving him crazy.

i say tell her how it is.
I think its gotten to the point where neither of us want to be alone but we really have nothing common anymore. Its just stupid that It seems like I wont find someone else but chances are very good that we both will.

WIKID S4TEEN
03-01-2010, 01:25 PM
She told me getting an s14 as a hobby is out of the question

My wife, GF at the time, told me the same thing.
I told her, a man needs either women, beer or cars as a hobby, chooose!
Now SHE gets me car parts for xmas/b-day gifts!

Happily married for 7 years!:2f2f:

soreballz
03-01-2010, 01:27 PM
Time for you to DTB.

Matej
03-01-2010, 01:27 PM
Do not let cars or girls control your life. Do what you want.

sncs14
03-01-2010, 01:28 PM
My wife and I have been together for almost seven years. She knew going into this that I was a car guy. Sure, she gets irritated about the time and effort I put into something that she doesn't really understand, but in the end she knows it's something that I thoroughly enjoy.

Just remember: if you yield to this kind of treatment now, then it'll probably only get worse in the future in similar instances with other stuff.

sterlinge
03-01-2010, 01:28 PM
a year dealing with that would be to much for me. try to work something out if not break up.. and then... :snoop::2f2f:

Iron_Zenki
03-01-2010, 01:31 PM
I have spent many years working with mechanics, Men that have years of experience beyond myself, they have all gotten divorced and the subject that comes up alot, is they have gotten married to there "Love", Had to sell there cars because there wifes didnt want them working on there cars, Next they know there divorced and the guy is regreting they ever sold there cars :[, I made sure that I told my Gf of three years I will NEVER sell or choose you, over cars, but shes so cool she is helping me build a v8 swap into my lil zenki :] Dude there is plenty of girls out there, their is no reason why you cant have both loves Girl<3Car :]
P.S Drop this B$%^ :]

Taniguchi_Is_#1
03-01-2010, 01:35 PM
i would never marry a girl that doesn't somewhat enjoy the things i do because i would not sacrifice everything i like just not be alone. i'd rather have a cocaine and prostitute addiction. or maybe a hot live in maid. that would be sweet.

exitspeed
03-01-2010, 01:35 PM
I have spent many years working with mechanics men that have years of experience then I do all married or divorced and the most crap I get is that they married there "Love" had to sell there cars because they didnt want them working on them next they know there divorced and regreting they ever sold there cars :[ I made sure that I told my Gf of three years I will NEVER sell or choose you over cars But shes so cool she is helping me build a v8 swap into my lil zenki :] Dude there is plenty of girls out there, their is no reason why you cant have both loves Girl<3Car :]
P.S Drop this B$%^ :]

I could barely understand WTF you were trying to say there.

Iron_Zenki
03-01-2010, 01:46 PM
I could barely understand WTF you were trying to say there.

lol Sorry this just has me so upset I just went into a rambling state
Basically what I was saying was
1. You will regret this(if you continue with her)
2.Find someone who loves what you do(like myself)
3.Drop this Bizznatch :goyou:
hopes thats better

drift freaq
03-01-2010, 01:58 PM
No No no. Like others have said if she is trying to lay down hard and fast ground rules now and you're not even married yet? Trouble in the future.

Seriously a good marriage is about cooperation, compatibility,friendship,love, caring. Not being selfish, not self righteousness.

You don't have to like everything she is into. She does not have to like everything you are into. You do have to have enough compatibility that you understand each other and that we have our hobbies and they may be different.

You are young, lots of women out there. Don't settle for someone trying to dictate your life and likes or dislikes. People can't change other people, which is what she is trying to do with the car edict.

Drift N Dragg
03-01-2010, 02:20 PM
Exactly why is this a Poll in OT, or Just a Poll period?

ericcastro
03-01-2010, 02:46 PM
The fact that your engaged after a year
....and this is just coming up.

Shit Aint gonna work.
what else dont you know about each other and each others likes and dislikes and goals in life and dreams and turn ons and offs and.....................

this is fucking hilarious, you two must not know each other at all, lmao!

Bubbles
03-01-2010, 02:51 PM

Haaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

hahahahahahah

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh hhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Iron_Zenki
03-01-2010, 03:05 PM
^ HAHAHAHAHA i didnt relize he said a year HAHAHAHAHA! No wonder!

DALAZ_68
03-01-2010, 04:25 PM
LOL 22 votes for break up LOL!!!!!!!

blasting_speed
03-01-2010, 04:47 PM
I'm not sure what's crazier, the fact that you propose to this chick so quickly or that you're letting her make you her bitch.

This guys nailed it

So she's basically telling you what you can do already?

Fuck that, she's got to know that you are allowed to do the shit that you like.

So try to make it work, but if she still doesn't want to hear it, drop her.

If you let her control what you do, forget it. This is only the begining.

I'm not voting. You should of made your 3rd option suicide.

CrimsonRockett
03-01-2010, 05:47 PM
Don't know why people decide to get married so quickly.

I've been with my girlfriend for 5 1/2 years and still don't plan on getting married any time soon.

Not that I'm afraid of commitment or anything, but it's something that doesn't need to happen just yet.

Just like everybody else said, if she's already telling you what you can and can't do, that's only going to lead to bigger problems in the future.

ThatGuy
03-01-2010, 05:48 PM
The Poll is closed, the Thread is closed.

Zilvia is not here to make your life decisions for you. Grow a backbone and live your life.

:lockd: