PDA

View Full Version : Question s13 hatch harnesses

Darksun280
03-01-2010, 11:05 AM
I have a project 93 hatch power everything that doesn't have the harness in the engine bay that has the fuse block attached to it. Is this referred to as a chassis harness or engine bay harness? or are they two different things?

This one
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/307126-s13-chassis-harness.html

Next question
This F/S thread here has the harness from under the hood I think I need but its from a 91 coupe. Will this work fine if I buy it for my hatch?
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/307126-s13-chassis-harness.html

After searching between here and nico I see people saying that the chassis harness for the coupe and HB are different but I'm not sure if they are referring about the one I'm looking for from the engine bay or the one that runs inside the whole vehicle to the back.

g6civcx
03-01-2010, 11:48 AM
Nissan calls it the "Engine Room Harness". I have no idea what people call it.

Body harnesses vary year to year and model to model depending on options. It would be hard to say if that harness for sale would have all the necessary wires you need for your options.

Darksun280
03-01-2010, 11:51 AM
Nissan calls it the "Engine Room Harness". I have no idea what people call it.

Body harnesses vary year to year and model to model depending on options. It would be hard to say if that harness for sale would have all the necessary wires you need for your options.

So that harness in that f/s thread is NOT the engine bay harness Im looking for??

g6civcx
03-01-2010, 11:55 AM
So that harness in that f/s thread is NOT the engine bay harness Im looking for??

The for sale picture is the engine room harness. Whether it has the correct pinouts for you is hard to say.

Each car came off the assembly line with a different set of options. So Nissan made about 12 different S13 body harnesses instead of just making 1 and just leaving unused provisions.

It's not like Hondas where every car has the same engine harness.

Darksun280
03-01-2010, 12:06 PM
The for sale picture is the engine room harness. Whether it has the correct pinouts for you is hard to say.

Each car came off the assembly line with a different set of options. So Nissan made about 12 different S13 body harnesses instead of just making 1 and just leaving unused provisions.

It's not like Hondas where every car has the same engine harness.
Thanks for the info. I believe as long as the harness was set for power everything I maybe ok but I read that the hatch tails may be an issue working on a coupe harness. But again I don't know if they are talking about the harness that runs in the cabin to the tails or the one from the engine bay to the interior harness.

g6civcx
03-01-2010, 12:08 PM
Thanks for the info. I believe as long as the harness was set for power everything I maybe ok but I read that the hatch tails may be an issue working on a coupe harness. But again I don't know if they are talking about the harness that runs in the cabin to the tails or the one from the engine bay to the interior harness.

The SMJ (big white plug under the hood release) may be pinned differently.

Until you look at the entire harness you won't know.