PDA

View Full Version : 1K DRIFT, watch for it!

corey240
02-28-2010, 11:49 PM
Ok so heres what we have going on right now. We are building a website, dedicated to drifting, but not to drift events and badass built cars no. Future site to be www.1kdrift.com. We are changing things up for the better. We are looking for YOU!. Drivers, builders, fabricators, shop owners, photographers, film makers, organizations, event coordinators ect ect. We are also taking, "for drifters, by drifters" very literal. Basically everything will be put up thanks to the input, and entry of DRIFTERS. All the way down to things like apparel. We want to keep things, simple, gnar, and just flate out fun. All around. And we want submissions from EVERYONE all over the WORLD. The more submissions, the more followers, the more people, the more content.

Things will be done as said befor, for drifters, by drifters! So you want to cover an event and write up a little story for it? Submit it, we will catagorize it, possibly make it a feature, and post it. Regaurdless as long as its legit, its gets on! All submissions will be completely acredited to the entrant along with a bio on themselves. Things like apparel, vinyl and maybe later more cool shit like parts ect will be up for grabes as in for sale, and for contests. ALL MONEY GOES TOWARDS KEEPING THE SITE UP AND GOING FORWARD!!! I will be doing more in depth stories on drivers, photographers, shops, events, models, ect. We want to keep this as fresh as possible. We want things to be wide spread so we all can get a view into the drift life everywhere! As many series and just general countrys as we can get. People who submit content like shop coverage or events ect. Will get swag!

We have a blog together temporarily for driver profiles. Very basic, very simple. But to the point. That site is 1000 Drifters of Facebook (http://www.1kdrifters.blogspot.com). As said befor the webiste will be www.1kdrift.com once complete and ready which will be soon. The original idea was to get together 1000 drifter driver profiles and then it ran across to broaden that idea up and continue it on. So thats what we are doing right now. We will possibly set-up a pretty basic forum for people to get in touch, sell shit, but shit, show shit, talk shit. So keep an eye out, submit your shit. Keep it real, keep it fresh. At 1K DRIFT.

If you want to submit yourself to be a profile, email me Corey Zinkhan, at [email protected] Or message me on Facebook. If you email me, fill out the info posted below first, make shore you include a photo of you, and of you actaully drifting, or related to your personal car ect..This is of you! So show it! If you have any other special thing you want entered let me know. And if you are outside the USA, contact me if you would like to be a rep and pull things in from your home country!

Name: Age:

Vehicle of Choice: Why:

Mods:

Favorite Track to Throw Down:

Personal Accomplishments in Drifting:

Personal Goals for the Future:

Random Fact:

Last Comment:

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h225/corey240_photos/1kdriftbanner.jpg

SHARKERIOcoupe
03-01-2010, 12:05 AM
sounds like a great idea

240XTC
03-01-2010, 12:50 AM
Awesome cant wait to see the outcome

ericcastro
03-01-2010, 08:45 AM
Is this a knock off of ZipTied??

I heard knock offs arent cool in drifting?..................

SHARKERIOcoupe
03-01-2010, 10:19 AM
Is this a knock off of ZipTied??

I heard knock offs arent cool in drifting?..................

i thought you said everything is a knock off of something....

These guys are taking a leap and trying to do something bigger than themselves. Not a lot of people are capable of doing so.

Wish them luck and step back man.

ericcastro
03-01-2010, 10:42 AM
i thought you said everything is a knock off of something....

These guys are taking a leap and trying to do something bigger than themselves. Not a lot of people are capable of doing so.

Wish them luck and step back man.
fucking lighten up dude.

Jesus, people cant have a good time and make jokes?
hell, even they say themselves to "talk shit" right there above.
And the App just seems really familiar...........

I think they should only allow 1000 drifters on the site, and for new people to get in, they bump people out, lol.

DALAZ_68
03-01-2010, 10:54 AM
fucking lighten up dude.

Jesus, people cant have a good time and make jokes?
hell, even they say themselves to "talk shit" right there above.
And the App just seems really familiar...........

I think they should only allow 1000 drifters on the site, and for new people to get in, they bump people out, lol.

surviver style...lol :rimshot:

corey240
03-01-2010, 11:45 AM
No knockoffs here! Theres alot of drifting websites and forums around the world. Not everyone knows about most of them but the usuals. We going to bring them out. Got a company you own? Bring it to the table. Like I said, just submit it.

And the survive thing? How about top 100 US drivers. That leaves room to keep in many grassroots drivers as well as pros. Want to bump somone out and bring in someone new? We will have a vote system or something along thos lines! MOAR good ideas!

ericcastro
03-01-2010, 11:53 AM
No knockoffs here! Theres alot of drifting websites and forums around the world. Not everyone knows about most of them but the usuals. We going to bring them out. Got a company you own? Bring it to the table. Like I said, just submit it.

And the survive thing? How about top 100 US drivers. That leaves room to keep in many grassroots drivers as well as pros. Want to bump some one out and bring in someone new? We will have a vote system or something along thos lines! MOAR good ideas!

I meant a maximum forum member count of 1000, lol.
Like Steve summed up, Survivor Style, lol.

Top 100 list, or members?
list is cool.
like a ranking system by public opinion :)

i would also like to see a public site that creates some of their own content.
I hate going to other sites and all they do is link to videos and pics from MotorMavens and Speed Hunters.
they are basically just a blog then.

Original Content would be great. :)

DALAZ_68
03-01-2010, 12:05 PM
i would also like to see a public site that creates some of their own content.
I hate going to other sites and all they do is link to videos and pics from MotorMavens and Speed Hunters.
they are basically just a blog then.

Original Content would be great. :)

or recreate threads from other forums...

seriously, i get theres only so much you can talk about...

but get creative...

especially when its a site not dedicated to 1 manufacturer or style of driving...

corey240
03-01-2010, 12:15 PM
Thats exactly our goal with 1K DRIFT. To be different. And have our own content. I have so far talked with, Ryan Tuerck, Matt Petty, Jarod DeAnda, working on JR he owes me one, and also talked with Andrew Hawkins so some aussie stuff will be covered and up. Im looking to do exclusive things to 1K but also support the other websites such as Speedhunters and Zilvia for there content we dont have. By people submitting there stuff, like raw footage, photography ect ect we can make it exclusive to 1K and however keep it all in the name of the person or people whom submitted the content. This is run out of a single location on the east coast at the moment. And looking for good contacts for reliable coverage on stuff all over the country. So if you know of any legit tuning or fab shops or want to cover an event. Get ahold of me and I will explain the deal. Ands things like JIMMY UP, I would like to be able to have them as a clothing entity the designs are legit. Maybe one day we will be in contact with some parts companys ect but were concentrated on the little things that make drifting fun!

corey240
03-01-2010, 12:21 PM
The thing with the raw footage, can go a couple different ways. The idea base is to take someone or multiple peoples raw footy from the same event ect and make it a short film. Using there footage. We will have it edited and keep it short but sweet. Throw down something like a bio and such of the entrant if desired. Give all credit where credit is do. And then let them see it first, then post if all is good. Think Grip video, 2-10 minutes long. But with style that is coming out of thes new shorts like Off Seasons stuff like that. Trying to keep everything consistent towards 1K DRIFT.

corey240
03-01-2010, 01:05 PM
Btw guys, here is the PERFECT example of a profile. Anthony Failla of jersey. This is one of the best if not the best one ive done yet! Legit dude for shore

1000 Drifters of Facebook: Driver Profile #73 Anthony Failla (http://1kdrifters.blogspot.com/2010/03/driver-profile-73-anthony-failla.html)

ericcastro
03-01-2010, 05:13 PM
my profile, lol

1000 Drifters of Facebook: Driver Profile #75 Eric Castro (http://1kdrifters.blogspot.com/2010/03/driver-profile-75-eric-castro.html)

SHARKERIOcoupe
03-01-2010, 09:43 PM
k i lightened up.

The survivor style is cool

keep it going corey

SHARKERIOcoupe
03-01-2010, 09:44 PM
k i lightened up.

The survivor style is cool

keep it going corey